Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2020 10:10:40 PM EDT
Anybody know of a removable recoil pad for a Para stock?

I'd like to increase the length of pull an inch, inch and a half, and the aluminum butt slides around on my shoulder or the carpeted floor if it's standing like no one's business. Thought I'd kill two birds here and hunt down a recoil pad that could do both. Obviously, this is an FAL, so the 'recoil' part of the equation isn't terribly important.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#1]
You might be able to get a Rhodesian-made folding stock and swap the tubes and butt out.  They had a rubber butt shaped like the hiduminium one that was, IIRC, glued to the end of the tubes.  Wouldn't do anything for LOP, though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
And that would certainly not be "non-permanent".
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And that would certainly not be "non-permanent".
View Quote

Well, you could always swap the tubes and stock as an assembly back to the original form if desired.  They're held in with a pin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anybody know of a removable recoil pad for a Para stock?

I'd like to increase the length of pull an inch, inch and a half, and the aluminum butt slides around on my shoulder or the carpeted floor if it's standing like no one's business. Thought I'd kill two birds here and hunt down a recoil pad that could do both. Obviously, this is an FAL, so the 'recoil' part of the equation isn't terribly important.
View Quote
I wonder if one of the slip on Limbsavers would work?

Limbsaver
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a few slip-on pads on Midway. I'll have to measure the stock and see which one will work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks like it will do nicely. Thanks for the lead!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top