Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 10/5/2020 9:10:40 PM EST
Anybody know of a removable recoil pad for a Para stock?

I'd like to increase the length of pull an inch, inch and a half, and the aluminum butt slides around on my shoulder or the carpeted floor if it's standing like no one's business. Thought I'd kill two birds here and hunt down a recoil pad that could do both. Obviously, this is an FAL, so the 'recoil' part of the equation isn't terribly important.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:24:28 AM EST
You might be able to get a Rhodesian-made folding stock and swap the tubes and butt out.  They had a rubber butt shaped like the hiduminium one that was, IIRC, glued to the end of the tubes.  Wouldn't do anything for LOP, though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:07:37 AM EST
And that would certainly not be "non-permanent".
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 2:36:22 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
And that would certainly not be "non-permanent".
View Quote

Well, you could always swap the tubes and stock as an assembly back to the original form if desired.  They're held in with a pin.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 7:04:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By lew:
Anybody know of a removable recoil pad for a Para stock?

I'd like to increase the length of pull an inch, inch and a half, and the aluminum butt slides around on my shoulder or the carpeted floor if it's standing like no one's business. Thought I'd kill two birds here and hunt down a recoil pad that could do both. Obviously, this is an FAL, so the 'recoil' part of the equation isn't terribly important.
View Quote
I wonder if one of the slip on Limbsavers would work?

Limbsaver
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:23:15 AM EST
I found a few slip-on pads on Midway. I'll have to measure the stock and see which one will work. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 6:11:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:03:47 PM EST
That looks like it will do nicely. Thanks for the lead!
Top Top