Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2021 9:47:25 PM EDT
Are my only options to ship a rifle to an FFL now FedEx and USPS? I remember shipping them via UPS not to long ago but now it seems it’s not allowed.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS should be good to go? I just bought a rifle several days ago and the seller, non FFL, shipped to my FFL via UPS without issue.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#2]
A rifle can go US Mail parcel post, if you're brave enough.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A rifle can go US Mail parcel post, if you're brave enough.
View Quote

I would prefer to us UPS or FedEx. The regular mail sucks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
USPS is cheapest and in my case, easiest.  Contact you post master prior, explain you intend to mail a rifle.  With prior notification, it's a simple process.  USPS takes mailed firearms very serious, I have never had one "disappear" or be tampered with.

18Z50
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#5]
If you and the other party are BOTH in the same state, you can mail (USPS) a Long Gun (Shotgun or Rifle - NO Pistols) direct to the other party (as long as your state doesn't have retarded Universal Background checks).

If you and other party are in DIFFERENT states, then you have to ship the rifle to a FFL in the other party's state for their background check & transfer.

I've shipped USPS (with insurance) a number of times & have never had any issues.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I used UPS the other day with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I've mailed rifles twice using usps and all l did was make sure it was well packed and secured in box that had no gun labels or printimg, went online and did click-n-ship label on usps website for priority mail with insurance for the amount buyer paid, did full adult signature required. Then labeled box, drove to my local post office and handed it off to person behind the counter. No need to tell them anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I just shipped 3 of them UPS.

Going to cost you though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out Ship My Gun. Just shipped two using them highly recommend.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are my only options to ship a rifle to an FFL now FedEx and USPS? .
View Quote

No

I remember shipping them via UPS not to long ago but now it seems it’s not allowed
View Quote

Says who?

Shipping firearms UPS
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are my only options to ship a rifle to an FFL now FedEx and USPS? I remember shipping them via UPS not to long ago but now it seems it’s not allowed.
View Quote

UPS allows it.

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

UPS allows it.

UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

UPS allows it.

Thank you, I misread it the first time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top