Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2023 6:06:38 PM EDT
Anybody have non autogated night vision? I just got a pvs7 monocular from a local guy for only $900 with some blemishes but the tube is the first type of generation 3 intensifier without autogating. I have no experience with non autogated nightvision and have read that bright lights can damage them? How bright would the light have to be? Can Muzzle flash? Someone pointing a flashlight at me or like Vehicle headlights, night sights, the moon itself? Just looking for advice on how to care for them. Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Just dont stare at bright lights for long periods of time. They arent really as fragile as they sound or that tube never would have survived the 90s.

By bright lights i mean car headlights, the moon, street lights, etc. Car headlights off in the distance should be fine. If you need a flashlight to see, you should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Makes sense it was a military device albeit outdated and old but this is my first set of 7s, gonna have to get used to that depth perception though... Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Popular subject here lately!
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a non autogated 14 I have used and abused and it still runs great with no blems.

Run it your fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top