Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2021 9:38:37 PM EDT
Order #41 here impatiently waiting. Anyone else?

There are some builds on the facebook night vision groups that went up with order#s <5.

https://nocturnindustries.com/shop/p/uanvbkatana
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's pictures of them I got from the Night Vision Users 2.0 Facebook Group.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Really interested in actual weight. If it comes in as stated w/ it's IPD stop feature built it. It sounds like a winner.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Waiting for the "But its 3d printed and will break" comments from people that know nothing about laser sinter printing
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Really interested in actual weight. If it comes in as stated w/ it's IPD stop feature built it. It sounds like a winner.
View Quote

This is with PVS-14 glass and battery(from February). https://www.facebook.com/NocturnIndustries/posts/185583626691528

This is a video from March.
https://fb.watch/55UYeyScnJ/

Pressure Test
https://fb.watch/55VdvPSOux/
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#5]
As a Co-Admin of Night Vision Users 2.0 with Jeffrey of Nocturn, having seen the drop testing performed prior to its public release, Im assured this will be a durable option for end users seeking articulating duals without the price point of the DTNVS. My sample housing should arrive this week, will update in the group once I assemble with 24UA, Ether Oculars, and T&E is complete.

Quoted:
Here's pictures of them I got from the Night Vision Users 2.0 Facebook Group.

https://i.imgur.com/NMKjewC.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kHIA0FK.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:13:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As a Co-Admin of Night Vision Users 2.0 with Jeffrey of Nocturn, having seen the drop testing performed prior to its public release, Im assured this will be a durable option for end users seeking articulating duals without the price point of the DTNVS.
View Quote

Do you happen to have video of this test? I think it would boost consumer confidence in the Katana. Jeffrey Melochick should definitely make a Youtube channel and upload those facebook videos of the Katana since most 2A people stray from facebook.

I myself didn't find out about the Katana until the end of March. A night vision builder(shoutout to Alex Max on facebook, XenoChaos on discord) from the discord channel of r/NightVision linked it one day, then I started hopping on the facebook groups.

Also another competitor is popping up called Boson Systems on instagram with a 7075 aluminum articulating housing that looks to be competing with the DTNVS. I'll make another thread about this design.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks neat, although I think it's worth disputing that it's the lightest goggle system on the market -- ANVIS-9s and the ASU ANVIS-E3 housing are both lighter, although they use off-board power.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looks neat, although I think it's worth disputing that it's the lightest goggle system on the market -- ANVIS-9s and the ASU ANVIS-E3 housing are both lighter, although they use off-board power.
View Quote

Ive weight my set of ANVIS-9s before and they were around 19oz. THe E3 housing looks really cool, but it does not seem like it'd be a viable ground system.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Order #8, Housing Only, also impatiently waiting lol. My total cost for this build using F9800RG ~omni 6 intensifiers and carson glass puts me at $4500. Not bad!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ive weight my set of ANVIS-9s before and they were around 19oz. THe E3 housing looks really cool, but it does not seem like it'd be a viable ground system.
View Quote

Funny, mine were in the high 16s when I checked. The E3 is definitely an aviation optimized housing. I'm not really trying to knock the UANVB, it looks decent, just being pedantic about weights.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:45:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Order #8, Housing Only, also impatiently waiting lol. My total cost for this build using F9800RG ~omni 6 intensifiers and carson glass puts me at $4500. Not bad!
View Quote

My order is housing only too, has yours shipped yet?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Might have to move some stuff to get into a set of these and start saving for tubes.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm interested in these with some lightweight RPO optics in the future. 15.4 oz fully built with battery based on Solscud007s IG post and they look really good. They look like the same optics on the BNVD-UL, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Where is a good place to look for some tubes that are a little budget “friendly” to go with these housings? I know Kosher Surplus had some Omni vi tubes a few months back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Waiting for the "But its 3d printed and will break" comments from people that know nothing about laser sinter printing
View Quote

No lasers involved as it's made via MJF
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:28:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My order is housing only too, has yours shipped yet?
View Quote

Negative, still waiting for mine. I reached out today to see if I could get an estimate.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#17]
RPO is the OEM for BNVD-UL.

Quoted:
I'm interested in these with some lightweight RPO optics in the future. 15.4 oz fully built with battery based on Solscud007s IG post and they look really good. They look like the same optics on the BNVD-UL, but I'm not sure.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#18]
*From Jeff: The video is not tailored for public consumption at this time. That is in development. Yet, as I mentioned I have watched it, and it is very revealing to the integrity of the Katana.

I'm not at liberty to disclose, yet have sent Jeff a message in regards to this enquiry.

Quoted:

Do you happen to have video of this test? I think it would boost consumer confidence in the Katana. Jeffrey Melochick should definitely make a Youtube channel and upload those facebook videos of the Katana since most 2A people stray from facebook.

I myself didn't find out about the Katana until the end of March. A night vision builder(shoutout to Alex Max on facebook, XenoChaos on discord) from the discord channel of r/NightVision linked it one day, then I started hopping on the facebook groups.

Also another competitor is popping up called Boson Systems on instagram with a 7075 aluminum articulating housing that looks to be competing with the DTNVS. I'll make another thread about this design.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No lasers involved as it's made via MJF
View Quote

Sweet! Thanks for correcting me.

I'm glad people are getting excited about this company and these products. Hopefully it all works out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
*From Jeff: The video is not tailored for public consumption at this time.
View Quote

I was under the impression that consumption warning labels were for marines. lol

Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Great to see some competition to the ridiculous prices of housings!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a set on order to evaluate as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where is a good place to look for some tubes that are a little budget “friendly” to go with these housings? I know Kosher Surplus had some Omni vi tubes a few months back.
View Quote

If you email or message Nocturn Ind. on facebook, they can quote you for a complete build.

I'm getting mine built from a semi local builder in SoCal, he goes by Alex Max on the facebook night vision groups.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is always alibaba haha https://m.alibaba.com/product/62294623513/37-31MM-Image-Intensifier-tube-for.html
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is always alibaba haha https://m.alibaba.com/product/62294623513/37-31MM-Image-Intensifier-tube-for.html
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up! These look like an amazing deal! Cant believe we all arent buying these up in bulk for better prices!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up! These look like an amazing deal! Cant believe we all arent buying these up in bulk for better prices!
View Quote

I wouldn't buy those with someone else's money, let alone mine. For one thing, screw China. Buying those is subsidizing improvements in the Chinese defense industry, which could very well help them to kill our people if we wind up having to fight them. For another, it's buying defense articles from China, they're more likely to take your money and give you absolutely worthless garbage than anything actually worthwhile. For a third, you're in the US and can get actually worthwhile Gen 3 tubes, why waste money on those.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Great to see some competition to the ridiculous prices of housings!
View Quote

Can't emphasis this enough. Theres a trifecta here: Affordable, Articulating, and Made Domestically. Not to mention IDP stops built in.

No matter what people have said before. You can't tell me prices of certain housings weren't artificially inflated due to supply side monopoly.

Its great to see Jeff's product come to market.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually just discovered those recently. The few people I heard of that have bought them said they are decent for gen2. Kinda like older photonis tubes from what I hear. I wouldn't buy them for the price they show. But if a group buy went down i could see trying one out. The guy who told me about them said he would get them from guys who buy a bunch at a time to save money.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I actually just discovered those recently. The few people I heard of that have bought them said they are decent for gen2. Kinda like older photonis tubes from what I hear. I wouldn't buy them for the price they show. But if a group buy went down i could see trying one out. The guy who told me about them said he would get them from guys who buy a bunch at a time to save money.
View Quote

@SGT-Fish thats interesting. I thought you were being a smart ass so I was too. I doubt I would buy these since you can find gen 3 surplus tubes for similar price.  But maybe if someone had them here and you could see them in person my tune would change. Supporting china is less than ideal but at nearly half the cost of US made new tubes, I can understand why someone would buy this. You could be into a set of these Katana’s with optics and Chinese tubes for a little over $4,000
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@SGT-Fish thats interesting. I thought you were being a smart ass so I was too. I doubt I would buy these since you can find gen 3 surplus tubes for similar price.  But maybe if someone had them here and you could see them in person my tune would change. Supporting china is less than ideal but at nearly half the cost of US made new tubes, I can understand why someone would buy this. You could be into a set of these Katana’s with optics and Chinese tubes for a little over $4,000
View Quote

I was being a little bit of a smart-ass. But I also don't discriminate lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:00:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Sneak Peek. 1.5oz lighter in current configuration than DTNVS, for all the weight warriors.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#32]
What tubes do you use with these? PVS-14 tubes?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:41:06 AM EDT
[#33]
MX-10160.

PVS-14 MX-11769 would need pigtails (EGAC) removed from modern L3, or desoldered and proper resistor installed if a legacy ITT/Harris,Excelis etc.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:07:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
MX-10160.

PVS-14 MX-11769 would need pigtails (EGAC) removed from modern L3, or desoldered and proper resistor installed if a legacy ITT/Harris,Excelis etc.
View Quote

So ANVIS tubes with PVS14 glass?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#35]
F9800 Series, 10160 etc 18mm format. These Intensifiers are not exotic to Anvis, used for the lionshare of dual systems.

Jeff is offering a Katana housing with Anvis Objectives as well, the above pictured is of course using PVS-14 Optics.

Quoted:

So ANVIS tubes with PVS14 glass?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:49:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh huh, I didn't know that. Neat.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:08:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Any feedback on these yet?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#38]
@jansen117 just ran Pawnee night RnG with his.

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Any feedback on these yet?
View Quote

Been running these for about 3 weeks going out every other night or so. The way I hunt/walk is with reap-ir on the gun so usually walk with single pvs-14 then put head/mount down to scan with the thermal.

I can use these binos the same way. Rotate one pod up, put head down on thermal for shots. Unit is light, I am running with a carbon exfil and small counter weight with 6-123’s in it and feel it balances well.  Built them up using 2376+ l3 tubes and could not be happier.

Ip stops work as needed as well and with the number of times I rotate the pod up no movements or need to adjust anything.

So far nothing I would change about this setup.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#40]
I just saw the drop test video and they just posted about a external battery port which is one of the best ways I’ve seen one run so far.

I’m very interested in this housing.

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:46:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I see they've got RPO lens on the coyote pictured one now. RPOs with Ether oculars would be fantastic!
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#42]
My Katana just came in on 6/12/21, order #41.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#43]
order #67. Got one with a lemo port
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#44]

[instagram]https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRTlzY7DkbI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/instagram]

Night Driving with Nocturn Ind. Katana L3 Filmless 24UA
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#45]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuBEGwdW0Jo&t=856s
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm on the hunt right now for an old workable set of pvs5 goggles to send in for their conversion. Looks like I'm late though as even eBay has dried up.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#47]
They said they might make them again once the catch up on Katana orders I believe.

But Alex Max can get you a Katana for $5k with OMNI VII Gen 3 tubes if you can be patient and save up for em.

He's an official dealer with Nocturn Ind.
https://nocturnindustries.com/dealer-info
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:23:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They said they might make them again once the catch up on Katana orders I believe.

But Alex Max can get you a Katana for $5k with OMNI VII Gen 3 tubes if you can be patient and save up for em.

He's an official dealer with Nocturn Ind.
https://nocturnindustries.com/dealer-info
View Quote

I’m not sure if you were replying to me or not? I have some high spec gear currently. I’d like to do the pvs 5 conversation as a spare to a spare just for fun.

If anyone has a line on a pvs 5, or a set of mx9916 tubes, let me know.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#49]
These look awesome.  Id like to pick one up and try it....
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I’m not sure if you were replying to me or not? I have some high spec gear currently. I’d like to do the pvs 5 conversation as a spare to a spare just for fun.

If anyone has a line on a pvs 5, or a set of mx9916 tubes, let me know.
View Quote

Oh ok, there might be some PVS 5s on the facebook night vision groups. Night Vision Users 2.0 or Night Vision 101
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top