Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2022 4:49:07 PM EDT
Before you reply, understand that I am asking this because I intend to SHORTEN the bold body in order to make a DeLislie reproduction. It will be for 45ACP not .303 or .308.  

Does anyone here have both a No4 and a No1 that the could pull the bolts from and take some pics of them side by side?  Trying to see what physical differences exist that might prevent me from using a No4 bolt body in a No1 receiver.  No1's have a weird thread pitch/taper that I think will be difficult to replicate.  I intend to shorten the No1 bolt and thread the body for a No4 bolt head, but should that prove undoable my backup idea is to just use a No4 bolt since they use a standard thread pitch and taper.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I can do it when I get home this evening if nobody else gets to before hand
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
How are you going to work the bolt head interface with the receiver? No idea how a delisle  is set up.

No 4 on left

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The no1 bolt head screws in the no4 body but it's got some wiggle.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
@NoMoAMMO thanks for posting. Just looking at those pics is enough to tell me the No4 bolt head will not work.  

On the DeLisle there's a hood on the barrel that covers over part of the bolt head to act sort of like an additional lug/guide surface.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#6]
This may be something already considered and discounted, but have you considered putting in a bolt stop (even just a welded bump and hand-filed gap in the bolt track, replicating the existing bolt removal stop/gap distancing at the rear of the bolt guide slot, to stop the bolt before it goes all the way back) and having the pistol caliber mag set to the far forward of the old magwell? Might be easier than shortening the bolt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This may be something already considered and discounted, but have you considered putting in a bolt stop (even just a welded bump and hand-filed gap in the bolt track, replicating the existing bolt removal stop/gap distancing at the rear of the bolt guide slot, to stop the bolt before it goes all the way back) and having the pistol caliber mag set to the far forward of the old magwell? Might be easier than shortening the bolt.
View Quote

if it's a No4 Mk1* that would work. Anything else and you won't be able to get the bolt out/in with that makeshift stop in it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

if it's a No4 Mk1* that would work. Anything else and you won't be able to get the bolt out/in with that makeshift stop in it.
View Quote
Yeah unfortunately that would be true.

On a side note...I have begun looking for a No4 to potentially use as a donor for a "DeLisle Commando Carbine Mk 2" would be neat to take a sporterized No4, smack a DeLisle front end on it and put the sniper cheek piece and scope mount on it with a LVPO or something. I've also got some old vintage weaver and similar scopes too.

I'm also looking at options for using a more modern bolt action. Problem is many aren't conducive to it. Really want to get a hold of the Rock Island 22TCM rifle and look at using that as a donor rifle. Can't find any in stock thought. They take Para pattern double stack mags. IDK if it could be modded to take a 45 or if it's just 9mm/22TCM only.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top