Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2020 1:15:34 PM EDT
Has anyone else run into this?  My buddy, who is an FFL, was told by whoever reviewed his latest Form 1 application that his photo had to be mailed in, and electronic wasn’t acceptable.

It held up his approval until he could one mailed in.

I’ve never had this issue, but I haven’t submitted one since early last year.

Anyone run into this?  Is this a new requirement?  I’m getting ready to Form 1 a couple lowers, and need to know if I need to get hard copies for mailing on each one.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s nonsense. Never heard it before.
View Quote

Okay, must have been a one off ATF idiocy...he legit had to mail in pictures.  She would not take electronic ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Photo was no good on form, no way to electronically amend it yourself so he probably had to mail it in so they could scan it. That's the only "reasonable" explanation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Photo was no good on form, no way to electronically amend it yourself so he probably had to mail it in so they could scan it. That's the only "reasonable" explanation.
View Quote

Ah, maybe that’s what it was.  I think he did say they said his original wasn’t good enough.  I didn’t realize her couldn’t just send another one electronically.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
07 files a digital and that's cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top