Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2022 11:34:49 AM EDT
Been following Bushmaster on Instagram hoping they’d release something about the ACR at Shot, but based on the story they posted this morning it looks like they’re sticking to the usual “check out our budget/competition ARs and LE/Mil ARs.” Hoping they don’t piss down their leg again
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Templar Precision stated in one of the Facebook groups that they shut down their shop for a whole week in order to build a complete V3 ACR for Bushmaster, presumably so they'd have it at SHOT.

And by Templar Precision, I mean @bigdog200399.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Per BM, they'll be introducing the new ACR sometime this year. No specific date was given.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a pretty small company now I'd just be patient.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Any idea on price range for V3?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sainte:
View Quote

Really? How the freak would anyone have an idea what the price is going to be when it is still vaporware...come on...use some common sense prior to asking the question you just did..
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:35:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sainte] [#6]
Gee, i dont know...based on historical prices, the new company making parts for the ACR, insider info that has been already posted here may have had that tidbit in it.

I am new to the ACR discussion.

No need to be a tool.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Really? How the freak would anyone have an idea what the price is going to be when it is still vaporware...come on...use some common sense prior to asking the question you just did..
View Quote

I bet you’re a real popular guy at parties.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sainte:
View Quote

Not yet, largely because we really don't have a good idea of what changes will be made to it. I hope for it to be $1800 or less, and I think that should be doable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 6:58:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#9]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:

I bet you’re a real popular guy at parties.
View Quote

HAHAH...well that was such a "blonde moment" question...how would any of us know how much something is that hasn't been introduced and only speculated..

Seriously...

The more constructive question needs to be what are we willing to pay...but knowing Franklin Armory...it will be over priced anyways...

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
Templar Precision stated in one of the Facebook groups that they shut down their shop for a whole week in order to build a complete V3 ACR for Bushmaster, presumably so they'd have it at SHOT.
View Quote

Is there a V3 ACR at SHOT?

And why would Bushmaster need someone else to build it for them??
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

Is there a V3 ACR at SHOT?

And why would Bushmaster need someone else to build it for them??
View Quote

Bushmaster is no longer Bushmaster...Franklin Armory owns the IP...Franklin Armory quite frankly probably doesn't have the machines or know how regarding the ACR...Templar is the right outfit to help Franklin Armory in this realm...
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Not yet, largely because we really don't have a good idea of what changes will be made to it. I hope for it to be $1800 or less, and I think that should be doable.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Bushmaster is no longer Bushmaster...Franklin Armory owns the IP...Franklin Armory quite frankly probably doesn't have the machines or know how regarding the ACR...Templar is the right outfit to help Franklin Armory in this realm...
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:24:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#14]
Franklin Armory owns the IP...Franklin Armory quite frankly probably doesn't have the machines or know how regarding the ACR...Templar is the right outfit to help Franklin Armory in this realm...
View Quote

The IP would include the “know how”. Bushmaster may have had the machines, but they didn’t make most of the ACR either, they farmed it out to machine shops (not TP).

Regardless, is the “V3” at SHOT? Any pics? Or any info from FB as to the “V3” updates?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:18:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#15]
If Franklin Armory knew the ACR…they wouldn’t have reached out to Templar…Franklin knows binary triggers and putting ARs parts together…they have never undertook a project like the ACR thus they aren’t experts regarding the ACR…IP includes all there is on “paper” and hopefully they hired some of the ACR engineers but who knows…no one knows about the ACR V3 as Franklin Armory has been tight lipped about it.

If I were to speculate (that is all we are doing here) … Franklin needs to make the RemDef ACR (which Bushmaster should have done long ago) and go with it.

Looking at what Franklin is charging for their ARs…I bet we will be looking at $2299 or more. It will be priced at or above the Bren 2Ms…

If Franklin keeps the fit and finish like Bushmaster did and not improve on it…it won’t be a success…again.

Which would be a shame. I think the ACR had tremendous opportunity when it was first released…the reboot also has a chance to regain popularity IF Franklin can improve where Bushmaster left it…

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]

If Franklin keeps the fit and finish like Bushmaster did and not improve on it…it won’t be a success…again.

Which would be a shame. I think the ACR had tremendous opportunity when it was first released…the reboot also has a chance to regain popularity IF Franklin can improve where Bushmaster left it…

View Quote

What fit and finish issues are you referring to?

The BM and Remdef ACRs use the same basic upper receiver. The other differences were:

- the metal lowers, which I think we can expect to see on the Franklin version if they are working with Templar.

-the stock used clip on cheek risers instead of the adjustable BM one. Not sure if that's really an upgrade moreso than just a difference. It also didn't fold.

-Remdef used a fixed trunnion instead of the QD one. Many people seem to want this, and my own ACR has a Templar one, but after seeing the commotion about caliber change kits being unavailable I think it would be best if they offered both a fixed and a QD trunnion option.

-handguards. Honestly the Remdef ones look cool but most use screw on rail sections, which is objectively worse than an M-lok handguard like the RPM tool one.

-there was a bayonet lug gas block that made a brief appearance. On that note, Franklin should use a gas block that covers the entire barrel section instead of using legs on the front and back. The gas blocks are one of the very few areas on an ACR known to fail.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#17]
Most ACRs that I’ve handled and the two I personally had were rattle traps…the upper/lower fit was hideous to say the least…definitely left a lot to be desired in that department.

I do believe Magpul created one of the best new generation rifles with the Masada…Bushmaster just sucked at making it happen…they could have had MCX level type of success…
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Most ACRs that I’ve handled and the two I personally had were rattle traps…the upper/lower fit was hideous to say the least…definitely left a lot to be desired in that department.

I do believe Magpul created one of the best new generation rifles with the Masada…Bushmaster just sucked at making it happen…they could have had MCX level type of success…
View Quote

Mine is one of the tightest rifles I've handled, maybe that was one of the things they addressed in the newer builds. Mine was from the 2nd to last production run
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Mine is one of the tightest rifles I've handled, maybe that was one of the things they addressed in the newer builds. Mine was from the 2nd to last production run
View Quote

Very well they could have...the last runs almost made me try it again...then they shut down...as I've said...the ACR/Masada design is one of the best...terribly executed by Bushy...
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Classic Firearms guys asked them about it in a video.

Start around 26:59

SHOT Show 2022 - Day Two Part 1 Coverage (Stag, Pioneer Arms, EOTECH, Franklin Armory)

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Very well they could have...the last runs almost made me try it again...then they shut down...as I've said...the ACR/Masada design is one of the best...terribly executed by Bushy...
View Quote

I'd say I disagree but mine has a shitload of Templar parts on it
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#22]
There was a quote from their CEO under the BA30 on their website. But they seemed to have removed it.

Essentially, it was, "we know you were hoping to hear about the ACR, but we aint there yet."
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I doubt we will see anything this year but you never know...we can hope...
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't wait to live out my MW2 fantasies. Hopefully the price is right.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 11:12:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BerettaGuy] [#25]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Mine is tight as well. I use the .450 conversion for deer every fall. No issues with it or 5.56.

New version will be around late this year.  Maybe not in stock ready to sell but at least preproduction models will be for show and tell.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 8:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Melvin_Johnson] [#26]
Let's make this its own thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top