Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2018 3:48:40 PM EDT
I tried looking through the NVG forum but I can't find the answer. Anyone know what the lenses that protect NVGs from IR exposure are called and where I can grab a pair.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are wanting military light interference filters. I see them occasionally here on the EE and other night vision forums.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive been looking into this as well. Do the If lenses that fit the PVS14 also fit the PVS7 or is it a different part number?
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive been looking into this as well. Do the If lenses that fit the PVS14 also fit the PVS7 or is it a different part number?
View Quote
According to amazon, it fits both. No idea about the legitimacy of these. The price ranges very wildly. Own the night has em for $140, Amazon for $50 and I've seen em here for as low as $25-$30.

https://www.amazon.com/Night-Vision-Goggle-Interference-Filter/dp/B01MS0EJKT
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

According to amazon, it fits both. No idea about the legitimacy of these. The price ranges very wildly. Own the night has em for $140, Amazon for $50 and I've seen em here for as low as $25-$30.

https://www.amazon.com/Night-Vision-Goggle-Interference-Filter/dp/B01MS0EJKT
View Quote
Given that you probably wouldn't notice a difference there could be many that mimic the LIF operation by just doing that which can be directly observed. If the "clones" wouldn't do what they are supposed to you'd only notice that when you're in a very odd situation where it would be beneficial to have the filter on and working.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the input. Picked up one for $30 shipped just now. Will know next week if ti fits my PVS7 like it is advertised to do.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
LIF's don't provide the protection you think, I think, but as you haven't said what you need protection from IR devices for, I can't be certain.

Generally, though, putting in a bandpass filter on NV will only reduce it's performance... Even a LIF will cut performance about 20% - maybe more on newer tubes.

They will fit a PVS-7 B/D model though.

David
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top