Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 7:40:08 AM EDT
So I put this up for someone and was a little worried about bandwidth, but hey, I'm going to trust....

So if anyone wants to read NV posts going back to 2002 when the whole community thing started, here they are;

http://blackice.com.au/NVO/

Please don't machine-read them - there's a LOT of posts and I have very little bandwidth - but enough that you can read them. Links no longer work, images are gone, but the posts are there.

This was a VERY early forum, and this is an archive of the posts only. All the crap that went on for most of a decade before AR15 rose to the top of the pile and gave us a technical posting utopia.

How to read.

1) Start from the bottom. Oldest posts are at the bottom. Newer ones are at the top.
2) Some posts were "threads" but often people responded to an earlier post with subsequent posts with different or slight differing topics. This was pretty normal back then - so most threads have only 1 post. You may find responses higher up in the list.

And Enjoy :)

David.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
could I work with you to host them on an S3 bucket? could you ship me a hard drive or something?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The archive is 23mb in zip... Not exactly a lot to ship, but a fair bit of load for my system given the number of files.

I could make it downloadable, but what is really needed is for someone to add some mechanisms for searching the contents and looking for old knowledge.

And to fix up the thread links and reverse-link all threads for reference...

So it needs a bit of programming work too. I intended to do that one day, but haven't gotten around to it.

David
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top