Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2017 4:07:43 PM EDT
Tried to fill out 4473 around 12:30 or 1pm central time and was told the system is down for maintenance or something.
Curious if this is true or has these guys lied to me again.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
They probably just have a failure in the system right now, I have had that happen before, either that or they are sending a black helo to you house!

Link Posted: 9/17/2017 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They probably just have a failure in the system right now, I have had that happen before, either that or they are sending a black helo to you house!

View Quote
I walked in to pre-fill out for incoming transfer and didn't even put pen to paper.
Wouldn't let me. Said I had to be there when they call in
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I walked in to pre-fill out for incoming transfer and didn't even put pen to paper.
Wouldn't let me. Said I had to be there when they call in
View Quote
I guess it depends on how they do it, back in the days of paper, I didn't say no, I just told people don't sign and make sure and bring your id so I could verify, but I stopped doing transfer a while back so I don't know what others are doing now a days.  Anytime my wife goes and buys a gun, she does them on a computer around my area, so no pre-fill.

Despite me holding a FFL sometimes she just goes and does her own thing!  She is not listed on my business, so she still has to buy the normal way and I think she does it to spite me sometimes!
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I pte-fill because of 60% delays.
Is it not allowed if nics  is down? I they can't call?
It's a pita getting over there with my company truck w gps
I question everything they say since they flaked on me:
They say transfer from individuals is ok.
I made my deal off the ee here and funded.
Seller contacts my ffl for instructions.
My ffl flakes and says the atf told them they were doing it wrong. No out of state from individuals.  Must be thru ffl. So then me and seller had to throw money in the deal to cover the other ffl.
Yeah I need a new guy.
I'm in cypress, nw Houston if anybody wants some biz.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought TX was one of the states where having a CHL meant you didn't have to do NICS?

So, if you don't have a CHL then go get one and it doesn't matter if NICS is up or down.

If your store makes you do NICS anyway even with the CHL then find another FFL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top