Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 5:39:03 PM EDT
Thinking of using the SS Trust form to get the ball rolling.  Is there any advantage to having the wife on it from the beginning or is it easier to add her later.  I will be using the trust to buy another suppressor so wouldn't I be able to do it with only me doing prints and background check, then add her later?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't add her as a Responsible Person/Trustee...only include her as a beneficiary of the trust.  No finger prints, photo, etc. needed.

Is there any advantage to having the wife on it from the beginning  NO

or is it easier to add her later.  YES

...wouldn't I be able to do it with only me doing prints and background check, then add her later?  YES
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is she going to be in possession of any of the items without you around? If so, she needs to be a trustee. If not, you can follow the instructions in the first answer.

But you can add her as a trustee now or later. If now, she'll need to submit prints and photos. Or wait until the day after you submit your "last" one and then add her, and no prints and photos. Or remove her before you submit the next, then add her back the next day (yes, the system is that stupid).

The easiest way is to just do it upfront, do your own prints and photos at home, and both of you submit each time.
View Quote

Harder to hide gun purchases that way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses.  Just wanted to confirm this was the easiest method since she's not going to have any interest in doing prints, etc.  I'll put her as a beneficiary now and switch her to a trustee at a later time (after she shoots suppressed and falls in love).  She doesn't mess with any NFA items right now so I'm not worried about that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which seems like a bad way to live life...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Harder to hide gun purchases that way.

Which seems like a bad way to live life...

Yet still a grim reality for some of us bub :)
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I just went through this. I had everything in the trust and then added the wife to it. Once I had her prints done and pictures were taken I uploaded everything to SS. She just signs the paperwork when SS sends it to her. No questions. For Form 1's, I did several sets of her prints ahead of time so I just continue to submit those until I run it. She signs the paperwork with no questions. Much easier that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top