Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2018 10:34:24 AM EDT
A dear friend of mine passed away a few months ago, he was 84 years old, and an all-around great guy.

His family gave me first dibs on buying firearms from his collection.  He has some very nice revolvers including a Python and an unfired Anaconda, both of which were well out of my budget range.  I chose a very nice S&W Model 15-3 4" heavy barrel.  The gun very much reminds me of Jim, classic, rugged, yet refined.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Good choice
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:47:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Love those, are you going to put some larger grips on it or leave it the way it is?
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love those, are you going to put some larger grips on it or leave it the way it is?
View Quote
There is a set of Pachmayr grips in the box.  I'll probably just shoot it as is, which in all honesty won't be very often.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a S&W model 10.

A model 15 has adjustable sights.

Still a fine revolver.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a S&W model 10.

A model 15 has adjustable sights.

Still a fine revolver.
View Quote
Aha!  His son got the two S&W’s mixed up.  The other was beat up a little, like it had seen a lot of action.

The box he gave me was for the model 15, I’ll have to return it to him.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:59:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Good deal!

Looks like the paperwork in the box is correct for your revolvers model.

A 4 inch K frame S&W is as good as it gets!
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]
some times having a piece of memory of a good friend has a greater value than anything. One of my good childhood friends gave me his old single shot 20 gauge shotgun when we were early teens. I had a .410 at the time and couldn't hit anything worth beans.  He was murdered almost 15 years ago now and I still have that ol shotgun. Have even taken it out on a few occasions in tribute to him.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A classic revolver... I like it.

Your firearm will give decades of good use, while being a good reminder of close alike thinking friends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your firearm will give decades of good use, while being a good reminder of close alike thinking friends.
some times having a piece of memory of a good friend has a greater value than anything.
You are correct.  I requested a picture of Jim from his widow to keep with the revolver, she was very happy to oblige.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You are correct.  I requested a picture of Jim from his widow to keep with the revolver, she was very happy to oblige.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

some times having a piece of memory of a good friend has a greater value than anything.
Yes,  I lost my shooting buddy this spring to cancer.  I was left a handgun in his will.  I think of him every time I handle it.  I like the photo idea.  I'm going to print one out and put it in the gun case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top