Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 9:44:50 PM EDT
My FIL served in the Army during the Korean War years and recently showed me his M1 carbine that he acquired while he was in the Army National guard after he left the Army. He let me strip it down and turns out it’s a QMHC that has a history of being used in the post-war occupation of Germany in the Wurttenberg-Baden region per info from the bavarianm1carbines.com website. It appears to have been assigned to the Landezpolizei as indicated by several stamped markings on the trigger guard and rear of the receiver.

I’m a newbie to this type of rifle and would appreciate feedback on the parts correctness for the rifle. I’ve already posted a thread on the CMP forums as well. I’m pretty sure the stock isn’t original as there is a lack of cartouche or any other markings that can be used for identification. Otherwise, most of the metal is stamped; I just don’t know if it’s a mixed bag or correct for original manufacture and/or rebuild.

Thanks for looking:

IMGUR folder
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy the gun not the story as they say. The carbine was one imported by century arms ( the typical barrel import stamp) from the mid 1980’s through late 1990’s. Far later than suggested by your story.
It is typical mixmaster with early band but later sight, and mixed vintage and maker parts for the rest
A rather nice gun regardless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top