Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2018 3:39:37 PM EDT
I just picked up a used PS90 and it needs a little help in the optics department.  It's got a Vortex Strikefire in a Larue mount on it right now.  It kinda works, but it's a chin weld and there's gotta be something better out there.  I'm also going to work on the flashlight situation on it too.  I've got a Surfire sitting around the house somewhere.  Obligatory pic:

Attachment Attached File

I will be going the SBR route with it too in the near future.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:16:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I went RMR with a custom mount.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Thanks!

Decisions decisions....
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks!

Decisions decisions....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks!

Decisions decisions....
How far do you want to shoot it is what I'd go off of.

Budget? Get the Tros mount and keep using your vortex.

=/100yds? TA33 (yes, if you're not aware, loading the P90 up with some EA ammo will get you past 100yds ballistically)

No idea but want something all around useful? TA44/33

Personal recommendation would be the TA33. I have one (ar, not p90), and as others have described it, it's the "most red-dot like magnified optic." If you're comfortable shooting both eyes open, you'd be surprised how quick and easy this is, even inside small buildings. But if/when you need to, you've got 3x magnification to reach out and touch something. Add on it's light weight and exceptional durability, take away the horrible eye relief of the TA31, and IMO it's one of the best general purpose optics out there.

As with everything though, optics are specialized. If you know you're not going to be needing 3x magnification, then you will do better with an RDS. Which one is largely personal preference.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a DM machine mount and Trijicon MRO on mine.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Kind of a shitty pic, but you get the idea. The height over bore is absolutely perfect, and I cannot image a smaller, more low profile setup.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

=/100yds? TA33 (yes, if you're not aware, loading the P90 up with some EA ammo will get you past 100yds ballistically)

Personal recommendation would be the TA33. I have one (ar, not p90), and as others have described it, it's the "most red-dot like magnified optic." If you're comfortable shooting both eyes open, you'd be surprised how quick and easy this is, even inside small buildings. But if/when you need to, you've got 3x magnification to reach out and touch something. Add on it's light weight and exceptional durability, take away the horrible eye relief of the TA31, and IMO it's one of the best general purpose optics out there.

As with everything though, optics are specialized. If you know you're not going to be needing 3x magnification, then you will do better with an RDS. Which one is largely personal preference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks!

Decisions decisions....

That's a good point about the Tros mount.  I also have an Aimpoint PRO that needs a home.  I might just have to go with my Aimpoint PRO and that Tros mount.  It's going to be 100yds and in shooting with it.  Probably 50 yds and less most of the time.

I do like the ACOGs.  I have a TA34 on my A4 clone and it works well once you get used to it.

I tore down the PS90 last night and gave it a good scrubbing.  I think the previous owner hadn't cleaned it in a while, it was kinda gummy in places.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#8]
How old is that ps90?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How old is that ps90?
View Quote
I'm not really sure, 5-6 years old maybe.  Might be older.  Is there anyway to find out?
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m running the TROS mount with an Aimpoint Comp M3 (identical in looks to the Pro) it looks like it grew there!

https://i.imgur.com/MHwG92W.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good point about the Tros mount.  I also have an Aimpoint PRO that needs a home.  I might just have to go with my Aimpoint PRO and that Tros mount.  It's going to be 100yds and in shooting with it.  Probably 50 yds and less most of the time.

I do like the ACOGs.  I have a TA34 on my A4 clone and it works well once you get used to it.

I tore down the PS90 last night and gave it a good scrubbing.  I think the previous owner hadn't cleaned it in a while, it was kinda gummy in places.
I’m running the TROS mount with an Aimpoint Comp M3 (identical in looks to the Pro) it looks like it grew there!

https://i.imgur.com/MHwG92W.jpg
That will work for me!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not really sure, 5-6 years old maybe.  Might be older.  Is there anyway to find out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old is that ps90?
https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-ps90/27627-hammer-trigger-pack-sticky.html#/topics/27627
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I run the OEM Black ring sight on my SBR and a TA-45, better eye relief, on my full length one. Both are great. TROS makes awesome mounts for the PS90.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How old is that ps90?
https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-ps90/27627-hammer-trigger-pack-sticky.html#/topics/27627
That's good info!  Thanks for posting it.  Looks like mine is a Gen 3, as best as I can tell.  Not all of the pics were loading.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I always wanted od green stock and of course FN discontinued it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm using a Zeiss Zpoint. I didn't like this scope when I first bought it but it's grown on me, and I find it's nearly perfect for the PS90.

Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm using a Zeiss Zpoint. I didn't like this scope when I first bought it but it's grown on me, and I find it's nearly perfect for the PS90.
http://puu.sh/C8p3N/ea5b57dabe.jpg
http://puu.sh/C8p6M/03463155fa.jpg
View Quote
Nice!!

The mount from Tros arrived the other day, finally got it put on my PS90 along with my Aimpoint.  That is so much better than the setup the previous owner had on it!  It's nice to have an actual cheek weld instead of chin weld.  Now to figure out a flashlight and mount and I think after Christmas I will work on the paperwork to get it SBR'd.  

New Pic: Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I run the OEM Black ring sight on my SBR and a TA-45, better eye relief, on my full length one. Both are great. TROS makes awesome mounts for the PS90.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92852/PS90s_jpg-736330.JPG
View Quote
Are those quick detach sling mounts on there?  I love the SBR'd one!!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92852/PS90s_jpg-736330.JPG
Yes they are. PMM makes them and they are great. The SBR one goes with me in my backpack in the truck most everywhere. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Using a T-2 on mine, with a DM mount, works great.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a Trijicon Tripower on mine, and it is great in that role.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a DM machine mount and Trijicon MRO on mine.
View Quote
Yup!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top