Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2022 10:41:57 AM EDT
Just got this Remington 03A3, bright shiny bore and very little wear, production date of 10/43  I feel like I got a deal for $900.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a good deal. Nice rifle
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Good price for a minty looking rifle. Nice score!
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Not bad

I love the A3

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know very little about the 03-A3. How are the National Ordnance models? I have a guy who wants to sell me one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know very little about the 03-A3. How are the National Ordnance models? I have a guy who wants to sell me one.
View Quote

Run away. The national ordnance were an after market commercial receiver of poor quality
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Run away. The national ordnance were an after market commercial receiver of poor quality
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Friend of mine had one. We shot some pretty hot loads in it when we didn't know any better.

It had a goofy black plastic handguard with fake woodgrain embossed in it and no bayonet lug-not sure if it was made without or if it was ground off at some point. Definitely a long way from a real GI rifle.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Worth the sum of the parts minus the receiver. If you can get it inexpensive enough, it could be worth picking up.

For what it's worth, the one I had was built off a really nice set of GI parts. Good shooter, too.

The one my brother has has been sporterized and is also a nice shooter.

Depending on what you read, they're either ticking time bombs or perfectly safe. I did shoot mine a fair but with no signs of trouble, but that doesn't mean all that much. Traded it years back for a 1911 and bought a 1903a3 from the CMP.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for info and sorry for the hijack. I’d like one to shoot. Visually it looks fine. The stock has been refinished but not sporterised. The barrel looks nice and is marked 7/44.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top