Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2018 5:07:54 PM EDT
Been researching NV for little less than a week. Quite interesting.   Quite expensive. Damn, I though suppressors soaked up a lot of my cash.....this could be dangerous to my wallet.

From what I have learned thus far I believe I would be best served by a PVS14 for moving around and observation of my immediate area. Maybe later a  PTS223 or 536 for Coyotes in North Dakota.

I know from my research that TNVC is very well regarded, ATN is to be avoided at all costs,  but what can you tell me about Night Optics brand?  Do we know who makes their tubes?  Are they factory made? Do they stand behind their product?

Anyone have knowledge or experience with their products?

I am specifically looking at:
Sentry 14 1x Gen 3 B/W Gated + Manual Gain Night Vision Monocular (Filmless)  Here

Sentry 14 1x Gen 3 Gated Night Vision Monocular Here

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
pm sent
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Night optics makes good stuff, but they can be hard to get ahold of.

I bet TNVC’s price for B&W Filmless would be similar and they are a site sponsor.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You know that TNVC is solid (there is many reasons for that) and your asking if company X is any good??? You're also going to spend a good amount of duckets on something that you want to be solid made with the quality milspec components that will last a very very long time, it seem obviously you want to go with TNVC  vs maybe saving a little and getting subpar kit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 9:27:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know that TNVC is solid (there is many reasons for that) and your asking if company X is any good??? You're also going to spend a good amount of duckets on something that you want to be solid made with the quality milspec components that will last a very very long time, it seem obviously you want to go with TNVC  vs maybe saving a little and getting subpar kit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Subpar kit like this subpar garbage?

Link

TNVC has proudly been outfitting hog hunters and law enforcement professionals with Night Optics USA scopes for years.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link

View Quote
Another Epic fail, you should really learn to sloooooooowly read, comprehend, then post or better yet if you have a 3rd-5th grader who can read a post for you then explain it to you so you can understand what is being said. I'm not sure what part of my post did I mention Bearing Optics that you linked in your post????
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Another Epic fail, you should really learn to sloooooooowly read, comprehend, then post or better yet if you have a 3rd-5th grader who can read a post for you then explain it to you so you can understand what is being said. I'm not sure what part of my post did I mention Bearing Optics that you linked in your post????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

To be fair, TNVC seems to be confused in their item description about who makes the scope in question. Maybe it's the same company?

"The Marauder D750 is a dedicated 4x Gen3 Night Vision Weapon Scope from Bering Optics that resets the bar for medium-range image intensifier engagement.  Night Optics USA has been building some of the finest night vision scopes on the market for years.  The Marauder D750 is the best of the best for short-medium range."
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To be fair, TNVC seems to be confused in their item description about who makes the scope in question. Maybe it's the same company?

"The Marauder D750 is a dedicated 4x Gen3 Night Vision Weapon Scope from Bering Optics that resets the bar for medium-range image intensifier engagement.  Night Optics USA has been building some of the finest night vision scopes on the market for years.  The Marauder D750 is the best of the best for short-medium range."
View Quote
Neither Bearing Optics or Night Optics were mentioned in my post. My post stated brand "X" meaning since the OP knows TNVC  is a solid company there is no need to look further.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Neither Bearing Optics or Night Optics were mentioned in my post. My post stated brand "X" meaning since the OP knows TNVC  is a solid company there is no need to look further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but since OP asked specifically about Night Optics, that means we know what "X" is in the context of this thread. Just because you didn't mention the brand OP asked about specifically, in responding to his specific inquiry, it is understood that your response is in reference to the brand OP is asking about.

The other guy was pointing out that comparing "Brand X" (in the case of this thread=Night Optics) to TNVC is a faulty comparison, since TNVC sells and/or praises Night Optics on their website. He's not wrong.

Your initial post was poorly worded at best, outright useless at worst. Even if we take your post at the value you give it, you're basically telling OP "my answer to your question is that you shouldn't have asked it in the first place." Which... is worthless in answering OP's question. Your subsequent need to react self righteously to everyone else that thinks your post was bad further demonstrates how little you actually have to add here.

In sum:
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:46:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
but since OP asked specifically about Night Optics, that means we know what "X" is in the context of this thread. Just because you didn't mention the brand OP asked about specifically, in responding to his specific inquiry, it is understood that your response is in reference to the brand OP is asking about.

The other guy was pointing out that comparing "Brand X" (in the case of this thread=Night Optics) to TNVC is a faulty comparison, since TNVC sells and/or praises Night Optics on their website. He's not wrong.

Your initial post was poorly worded at best, outright useless at worst. Even if we take your post at the value you give it, you're basically telling OP "my answer to your question is that you shouldn't have asked it in the first place." Which... is worthless in answering OP's question. Your subsequent need to react self righteously to everyone else that thinks your post was bad further demonstrates how little you actually have to add here.

In sum:
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9af1bbea785d2ae4f65a956a8edb5e45ac731e6b6efb8167ea08096eb9ac8267.jpg
View Quote
More "Fake News" what I said is exactly that, just because you assume differently and don't want to be wrong is on you. I never had any experience with Night Optics which is why I never commented on their product. Again I was stating go with what the OP already has done research on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

take your own advice, jack.

TNVC has proudly been outfitting hog hunters and law enforcement professionals with Night Optics USA scopes for years.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In sum:
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/9a/9af1bbea785d2ae4f65a956a8edb5e45ac731e6b6efb8167ea08096eb9ac8267.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
1) How could I possibly know if  Night Optics  was any good without asking????
2) Do you know NO to be subpar? If so  please explain your experience with their products as this was the kind of info I was seeking.
3) If it was only a little money I would not even be asking, but my wife works for Vista Outdoor and the employee savings is considerable.
4) You  should buy a membership.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm. This is sort of an interesting thread.

Some entertainment until TNVC FINALLY MAKES WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR A REASONABLY PRICED, GOOD PERFORMING LAM!!!!!!!!

@tnvc

You said early November!  I be needin to know when to put the D2 up for sale!
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
2) Do you know NO to be subpar? If so  please explain your experience with their products as this was the kind of info I was seeking.
3) If it was only a little money I would not even be asking, but my wife works for Vista Outdoor and the employee savings is considerable.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Glad you posted. I didn’t want to put that out without permission.

Assuming that Night Optics USA answers the questions that TNVC posted to your satisfaction, I’m guessing you’ll be thrilled.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]
This is no joke and I'm being dead serious period from personal experience with night optics they are a very very high and company with excellent products and even better customer service and you certainly can never go wrong buying from them
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Nothing to add other than L3 and Harris merged a while ago.  They are still currently integrating
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top