Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2020 1:36:24 PM EDT
Selling a few things and have some other additional funds coming in (not trump bucks lol).  Looking at a high end purchase. Should I do a scar??
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The obvious answer is yes but I'm light in 308, heavy in x39, 223 and 9mm. Thought about mp5 or galil ace in x39 but think the scar is just head and shoulders. Will have enough to buy new and maybe 1k on optic
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deals on Scar 20s rifles at the moment.

Check out the CZ Bren 2 if you need a 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a fan of the Scar 17s and 20S, but have to admit there are other .308 Tier 1 options out there such as LWRC, H&K, Knight's Armament Co, LMT, etc. The FN Scar just brings uniqueness and military lineage (like the KAC) to the table. I have no regrets about jumping on the Scar bandwagon.

Aside from my Tavor 7, the only other 308 MBR that interests me is the "hopefully" soon to be released CZ Bren 2 BR. But I'm not holding my breath. I guess I just like the non-traditional stuff. Over the years, at one time or another, I've owned various types of MBR's (i.e. HK91, FAL, Armalite AR-10, etc.) and I can honestly say that the Scar 17 (FDE) is my favorite. If a I could afford another one in Black, I would SBR it to a 13" barrel.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I did think about getting it with the 13in kit as well but almost like you, I think I'd want to do two if I did that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top