Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
To clarify...these are just RNVGs with Elbit thin film tubes and no hand pick option, right? Or are they lesser in some other way? $5799 gets it any day of the year right? It's not a limited run?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You did it right.

IIRC, @Honda4828 wanted to use multiple cash rewards cards to make the purchase (and/or he had other specific circumstances like an order change or something) hence why Sam told him to e-mail versus ordering online.

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't know we were supposed to do that.
I simply ordered right off the site. Card was charged immediately and I received an invoice email in minutes.

You did it right.

IIRC, @Honda4828 wanted to use multiple cash rewards cards to make the purchase (and/or he had other specific circumstances like an order change or something) hence why Sam told him to e-mail versus ordering online.

~Augee

Yep, cash rewards cards. Thanks again!

ETA; @TNVC_Augee  Will I be in the back order line from when I sent the order email or will I be pushed back to when you process the order?  Happy 4th!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:53:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Jumped on a 14 last night.

My receipt just says backordered, no stated ETA.

Also, just to save members and TNVC time and emails, the Arfcom discount code does not apply to this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jumped on a 14 last night.

My receipt just says backordered, no stated ETA.

Also, just to save members and TNVC time and emails, the Arfcom discount code does not apply to this.
View Quote

Ok thanks. I figured that would be the case but it’s a great deal so can’t complain
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn that price is tempting I want to buy them but I’m skeered I will get one of the ones with dark spots/blemishes. I think that would probably bother me more than lower specs just from an OCD perspective lol.

If you spring for the fancier unfilmed ones will they be spot free or is that still a possibility and I just have unrealistic expectations. Complete night vision noob, so sorry for asking questions that have probably been asked 87,000 times. It’s all very overwhelming.
View Quote

Same here. I think I've decided just to wait for Black Friday to see what JRH pricing is and get some better spec tubes in a BNVD-SG. The decision is green vs. white in those.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in on this deal,  hoping for some great tubes.  These will be my first.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:00:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To clarify...these are just RNVGs with Elbit thin film tubes and no hand pick option, right? Or are they lesser in some other way? $5799 gets it any day of the year right? It's not a limited run?
View Quote

I am in no way affiliated with TNVC and have no dog in the fight but regarding the tubes, even the lowest spec tube you may receive will still be better than what many us service members have been using to kill bad guys for decades.  And they are white.  And the price is right.  You know who assembled them and the components are legit.  Warranty is legit.  Yes you are gambling on specs but it’s not a deal where you may end up with trash.  You will end up somewhere between a good tube and a great tube.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don’t personally process individual orders, so I can’t answer that with 100% certainty just yet. Check back with us next week—someone should be getting back to you and we’ll get it all sorted.

~Augee
View Quote

@TNVC_Augee If you place an order and what you ordered is on backorder, do you still get charged or are you charged when they ship?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 11:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@TNVC_Augee If you place an order and what you ordered is on backorder, do you still get charged or are you charged when they ship?
View Quote

Card is charged at time of order
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#15]
so forgive me if this has been answered....

Looking at "NGI/PVS-14-XLS GEN. 3 THIN-FILMED WHITE PHOSPHOR MNVD." How does this differ from the mil-spec offerings? Is it a size / weight thing? clarity of the tube?

Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
so forgive me if this has been answered....

Looking at "NGI/PVS-14-XLS GEN. 3 THIN-FILMED WHITE PHOSPHOR MNVD." How does this differ from the mil-spec offerings? Is it a size / weight thing? clarity of the tube?

View Quote

Go back and start at page 3.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn that price is tempting I want to buy them but I’m skeered I will get one of the ones with dark spots/blemishes. I think that would probably bother me more than lower specs just from an OCD perspective lol.

If you spring for the fancier unfilmed ones will they be spot free or is that still a possibility and I just have unrealistic expectations. Complete night vision noob, so sorry for asking questions that have probably been asked 87,000 times. It’s all very overwhelming.
View Quote

Once you leave the white drywall of your house its almost impossible to even see blems. Much less minor ones like theyd send out.

Tube specs do however make a big difference.

Thats just my opinion tho.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Do the RNVG’s power off when they are flipped up?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Do the RNVG’s power off when they are flipped up?
View Quote

Negative. It becomes muscle memory to twist the on/off knob and put them up in one motion.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
And away we go! In for a -14
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]
While we're on the topic -

Do the RNVGs take regular PVS14 demist shields and sacrificial lenses? Do they come with the units?

Trying to get all the peripherals here in time to play
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Question, are the elbit tubes in the 14s autogated?

[edited] an idiot friend said someone claimed these aren't autogated but he may just be rumor spreading and now i'm doing it too, my bad.

I have lots of friends looking at these and I'm hesitant to suggest them because of the specs, especially the possibility of a 1300 photocathode sensitivity seems like a big gamble.

If someone was to get a tube that meets spec but is really close to the, honestly abysmal, min/max could they return or exchange them?
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

JRH Enterprise claims these are blemish tubes without autogating.

I have lots of friends looking at these and I'm hesitant to suggest them because of the specs, especially the possibility of a 1300 photocathode response seems like a big gamble.

If someone was to get a tube that meets spec but is really close to the, honestly abysmal, min/max could they return or exchange them?
View Quote
The description says they are auto gated.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#25]
@jeffwinger

TNVC says they are autogated, and min specs look higher than published XLS tube specs elsewhere.

If you are talking about the email JRH sent out yesterday I don't think he specifically claimed these are blem tubes. I could be wrong there. Reading it again I didn't get that impression.

If your friends want a guaranteed high performance clean tube they will very likely have to pony up extra money. In my opinion if they would be happy with a potentially "average" tube then they should be happy. Specs are important, but I do feel like sometimes they are overemphasized. I have an older Omni IV/V tube and it still does its job even though its specs are likely relatively low; It's definitely worse performing than some Omni VII tubes I have, but its still amazing compared to no NV.  Now getting a tube with max allowed spots would be pretty disappointing...

*I will caveat and say comparison is the thief of joy...My first tube was a low performing Gen 2+ and when I first got I was still amazed until I looked through an Omni VII. Your friends may be less happy if they are unlucky and end with a min spec tube if they have looked or will look through a high performance tube
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#26]
deleted.

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@jeffwinger

TNVC says they are autogated, and min specs look higher than published XLS tube specs elsewhere.

View Quote

yeah but my fear is i tell someone to buy these and they end up with a unit that has a PC of 1400 and blame me for suggesting them.

i get the idea of a budget unit but it's just one of those too good to be true things
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If your friends want a guaranteed high performance clean tube they will very likely have to pony up extra money.
View Quote

I agree with this 100%

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

JRH Enterprise claims these are blemish tubes without autogating.

I have lots of friends looking at these and I'm hesitant to suggest them because of the specs, especially the possibility of a 1300 photocathode response seems like a big gamble.

View Quote

They are autogated and are not blemished tubes. They allow for more spots including a zone 1 but that is different than a blemished tube. You can find the details on the Night Goggles website.

These are the same Elbit WP tubes that virtually all of the sellers on social media are selling and is how they are able to sell at those lower prices. They’ll cherry pick the higher spec ones and post those but other times just make generic WP sales posts without listing the minimums.

I see this offering as the best solution for someone who wants decent WP (and gen 3 at that) on a budget. Also for someone who was budgeted for a WP monocular but can justify stretching their budget this amount in order to get binos.

If you have the budget for L3 filmless WP or hand selected thin film WP binos, I wouldn’t choose these instead unless it’s purely for the $$ savings.

In TNVC’s defense they’re dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. In this particular case, I’ve seen guys knock spending the higher TNVC bucks and say these lower priced XLSH tubes (mainly sold on social media) are good enough for most users. In fact, entire posts dedicated to explaining why lower specs are not a big factor. TNVC starts selling them since there’s clearly a market and now they’ll get knocked for selling lower spec tubes. They are clearly explaining what these tubes are and who they are intended for.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

yeah but my fear is i tell someone to buy these and they end up with a unit that has a PC of 1400 and blame me for suggesting them.

i get the idea of a budget unit but it's just one of those too good to be true things
View Quote

You can always suggest these as well as other more guaranteed good options and let them make the call if the gamble is worth saving the money. I'm assuming they are adults capable of making their own decision once presented with vetted options. Any blame shouldn't fall on you as long as you don't miscommunicate details about one option or another.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In TNVC’s defense they’re dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. In this particular case, I’ve seen guys knock spending the higher TNVC bucks and say these lower priced XLSH tubes (mainly sold on social media) are good enough for most users. In fact, entire posts dedicated to explaining why lower specs are not a big factor. TNVC starts selling them since there’s clearly a market and now they’ll get knocked for selling lower spec tubes. They are clearly explaining what these tubes are and who they are intended for.
View Quote

This seems very true. I hate that TNVC/NGI seem to be getting shade for trying to be transparent about a budget option they are offering.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
We knew hate and discontent would surely follow after Debuting the XLS line at Night Goggles, but they hated Jesus because he told the truth and was persecuted for it.

He is the light and the way, and gave the blind sight. That’s all we are trying to do here.

I think it highlights the fact that many vendors were selling the XLSH line of tubes at ridiculous up charge pricing and folks not knowing what the grading criteria is for the 3 grades of tubes.  If you’d like to know More check out my recent video on this topic On YouTube (silentsolutions)

Ultimately we want to provide good gear to good people at Night Goggles and TNVC, and go out of our way to do it as often as we can. We hope that the people lucky enough to take advantage of this sale and ultimately a featured line of NGI systems enjoy the Hell out of them for a lifetime to come.

Any questions just ask.
View Quote

Amen Brother. People will always complain about something that’s just how life is
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help. Ordered a dtnvg last night, usaa was not happy about the sudden unexpected charge and locked my card down . Got it sorted, surprised they were open on the 4th at 2am.

View Quote

We had people there all night lol
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Man, there sure are going to be a lot of people with new wizard eyes. Can't wait Need to figure out a place I can shoot at night in NE Florida...
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:08:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I scooped a 14 this evening. Time to figure out what I need for helmet mounts. Very new to this stuff, guess I need to start shopping IR lights and lasers too

Going to need to check into some hog hunts or something since I have no where to night shoot!
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help. Ordered a dtnvg last night, usaa was not happy about the sudden unexpected charge and locked my card down . Got it sorted, surprised they were open on the 4th at 2am.

View Quote

Yup, had to call in to my bank and explain, then get them to find the only supervisor in the building to un-fuck the situation.

RNVG's on the way. Eventually.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thank you for the business!!  NGI and TNVC
have been absolutely astounded by the sheer numbers of this sale. Sam's gonna be flying out to assist with the overwhelming builds...Plus we have our crushing L3 unfilmed orders that have not slowed a bit.
View Quote

Just for shits and giggles, how many can yall usually pump out in a given period pending parts availability? Just curious...
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Got my order squared away this morning, what kind of lead time are you looking at for incoming orders?

PS: Jaimie went above and beyond, awesome customer service!
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got my order squared away this morning, what kind of lead time are you looking at for incoming orders?

PS: Jaimie went above and beyond, awesome customer service!
View Quote

Got my email from Jaimie this morning. My invoice says 8 week lead. Ordered Friday morning.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got my invoice from Jaimie.

8-10 weeks lead.

PVS14
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:28:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What did you guys get
View Quote

The PVS 14
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#50]
8 to 10 week lead via invoice dated 7/3....on a 14......and ......a healthy........wooooo....hoooooo!

Been looking at good way to get in the game and make things more budget friendly.

Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top