Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Those tubes are well matched and have solid specs. You probably won't see a difference between the two PS specs. The EBI is higher than most prefer but as you discovered it is one of those specs that is noticeable to some and not others whether real or perceived. FWIW, the PS relates to how well a tube converts light, and the EBI how well a tube can form an image in low light levels. Resolution is also something some notice and others don't.

Your halo is low and matched which is awesome because it's the only spec that everybody will see/notice regardless of their cones, rods, how good their vision is, etc.
View Quote

Thanks for the info, I like to have an understanding of the how and why of my toys, a lower EBI would be nice but like I said I don't see that much of a difference between 1.1 and 2.2 EBI so I'm not sure how much better a lower EBI would look for me and maybe its just me but I feel like I see a better image in extreme low light using both tubes then just the right tube with the lower EBI, overall I'm extremely happy with the tubes specs and quality and glass of the goggles, now I just need to get a spare/loaner PVS 14 or 7 so I have something to compare it to
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info, I like to have an understanding of the how and why of my toys, a lower EBI would be nice but like I said I don't see that much of a difference between 1.1 and 2.2 EBI so I'm not sure how much better a lower EBI would look for me and maybe its just me but I feel like I see a better image in extreme low light using both tubes then just the right tube with the lower EBI, overall I'm extremely happy with the tubes specs and quality and glass of the goggles, now I just need to get a spare/loaner PVS 14 or 7 so I have something to compare it to
View Quote

Go to TNVC_Sam's You Tube. He's been knocking out a bunch of videos covering the important stuff with tubes: TNVC Sam's You Tube channel
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I placed this order from TNVC on 8/27. Was told 12-24 weeks. Damn I wish I had ordered sooner. Oh well, my bad not theirs.

Two of each of these:

Night vision googles -  TNV/DTNVG Unfilmed White Phosphor -  20-24 week lead time.

Mounting system  Wilcox L4 G24 Mount

Helmet  Maybe OPS-Core Fast Ballistic High Cut Helmet SF 18-22 week lead time.

Infrared gun laser  BE Meyer MAWL  C1 + IR/visible laser 12-16 week lead time.

Counter weight system - TNVC Mohawk MK1 (Gen 2)

Placeholder for specs:

Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I placed this order from TNVC on 8/27. Was told 12-24 weeks. Damn I wish I had ordered sooner. Oh well, my bad not theirs.

Two of each of these:

Night vision googles -  TNV/DTNVG Unfilmed White Phosphor -  20-24 week lead time.

Placeholder for specs:

View Quote

6 months?

Pay up front or payment on assembly?
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Two of each of these:

Placeholder for specs:

View Quote

Sounds like you're going to have a fun next 6 months waiting for packages to arrive haha, nice pick on the ops core fast sf it definitely worth the wait
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

6 months?

Pay up front or payment on assembly?
View Quote

Doesn't matter how long. I'd like it to be sooner but, it is what it is. And I put down a 50% deposit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
JHR Enterprise
PVS14 with Echo tube p-45 WP
Ordered 09Sep2020, received 18Sep2020.
SNR : 30.43
EBI : 0.12
Center Res : 64
Luminance Gain: 8416
System Gain: 2560 (High)
Halo: .81
FOM: 1948

Haven't tried it yet but stoked!

*Edit* tried it,

This is me holding phone up to it, the actual picture is a lot crisper with less glare.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/199158/20200918_203855_jpg-1597456.JPG
View Quote

JHR Enterprise
PVS14 with Echo tube p-45 WP
Ordered 20Sep2020, received 02Oct2020.
SNR : 31.57
EBI : 0.14
Center Res : 68
Luminance Gain: 9021
System Gain: 4080 (High)
Halo: .86
FOM: 2147

Bought another to use in bino mode, this one is even better!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Green Phosphor Mil-Spec NVD-BNVD-SG purchased from JRH.  Paid $6995 - waiting cost me a lot.

Ordered:   9-11-20
Delivered: 10-3-20

Specs       Tube 1        Tube 2

Lum         2367           2225
Radiant      270             246
Halo          0.89            0.91
EBI           0.63            1.54
Res             64               64
SNR          27.2            27.4
FOM         1740           1754

It appears with the night covers on there is one small blem in Zone 2 of the left tube, and 2 small blems in the right tube, one each in Zone 2 and Zone 3.  I'll have to take a look again with the lenses cleaned and covers off tonight.

These were advertised as having minimum 1800 FOM, so both tubes came in below that.  EDIT**When I ordered, I understood that the tubes would have a minimum 1800 FOM.  Robert states in the post below that I was confused.**/EDIT  They are well matched on paper except for the EBI.  I look forward to seeing how they function in the dark.  Hopefully these will get me through hunting season with less neck pain than my Wilcox bridged PVS-14's, which have similar specs.  I've got WP unfilmed DTNVS on order from another vendor that probably won't be filled until February - I'm really excited to get those.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This was NOT an HP BNVD offering. The customer got in  on a slightly different set of tubes in order to get their unit to ship quicker than the current long lead times for HP tubes.  So as I covered the specifications would be close to the HP grade but not identical. The HP minimum spec is 64 lp and 25 SN or 1,600 fom, so technically you are ABOVE that.  I believe you are confusing PR with FOM. And your specs above are WAY above on the PR also.

Here are the specs for the YH tubes I read off for you on 9/11 when you ordered-

As lead times have gotten insane on certain grades and types of tubes, we have been varying our offerings a little bit, giving customers a chance to get those offerings instead of waiting 10-12 weeks for the normal flavors of tubes we normally carry.
View Quote

Convince NVD to sell some housings while they're waiting on tubes!
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Two of each of these:

at least you will be able to fuck around with the mohawk...

Placeholder for specs:

View Quote

at least you can mess around with the mohawk...
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#13]
so a review of vendor and products, here goes.

NG/TNVC PVS-14 order placed 7/5 with the special deal, received today.  

Vendor
Overall experience with TNVC has been very good.  They're willing to answer questions and adjust orders as you see fit.  Employees have proactively reached out to me on these forums and actually spent time on the phone talking about gear without me asking for help (TY Bill).  

The website is not always super accurate with in stock/out of stock so good idea to call and ask if time is a factor for your order.  After a while I did call and ask that they send the in stock items for an open order, which they did.  I should note that originally I'd asked them to hold the order until items were all available for shipping.  I requested the change b/c I wanted the 4D pads to get my helmet squared away b/c my NV had shipped.  Lucky me, the two packages arrived today.

NV Review
I'm a noob, take this with a grain of salt.  PVS14 ordered from the July 4th special on 7/5.  Took a few weeks longer than estimated but all good.  

Specs below, let me know what you think.  This is the grain of salt part, noob comments based on how more experienced users talk about blemishes.  There are several blemishes but I am a little surprised how distracting the one large blemish is given the comments in the forums.  Most say you don't notice them. I probably just need to use it more and put it out of my mind but it isn't small.  Either way that is not a fault on TNVC, I knew what I was buying and knew there was a tolerance range I was gambling on.

My terrible photo is below.  I was short on time and I have an old ass phone.

Luminous: 2299
Radiant: 260
Halo max: .98
Burn in EBI phot max: .86
2x10-6 max: 69284
Center resolution: 64
FOM: 2060.8
Signal to noise: 32.2

ending comments, NV is cool stuff.  first night in and already spotted and deterred the little bastard raccoon that has been stealing suet cakes we put out for the birds.

Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
so a review of vendor and products, here goes.

NG/TNVC PVS-14 order placed 7/5 with the special deal, received today.  

Vendor
Overall experience with TNVC has been very good.  They're willing to answer questions and adjust orders as you see fit.  Employees have proactively reached out to me on these forums and actually spent time on the phone talking about gear without me asking for help (TY Bill).  

The website is not always super accurate with in stock/out of stock so good idea to call and ask if time is a factor for your order.  After a while I did call and ask that they send the in stock items for an open order, which they did.  I should note that originally I'd asked them to hold the order until items were all available for shipping.  I requested the change b/c I wanted the 4D pads to get my helmet squared away b/c my NV had shipped.  Lucky me, the two packages arrived today.

NV Review
I'm a noob, take this with a grain of salt.  PVS14 ordered from the July 4th special on 7/5.  Took a few weeks longer than estimated but all good.  

Specs below, let me know what you think.  This is the grain of salt part, noob comments based on how more experienced users talk about blemishes.  There are several blemishes but I am a little surprised how distracting the one large blemish is given the comments in the forums.  Most say you don't notice them. I probably just need to use it more and put it out of my mind but it isn't small.  Either way that is not a fault on TNVC, I knew what I was buying and knew there was a tolerance range I was gambling on.

My terrible photo is below.  I was short on time and I have an old ass phone.

Luminous: 2299
Radiant: 260
Halo max: .98
Burn in EBI phot max: .86
2x10-6 max: 69284
FOM: 2060.8
Signal to noise: 32.2

ending comments, NV is cool stuff.  first night in and already spotted and deterred the little bastard raccoon that has been stealing suet cakes we put out for the birds.

https://i.imgur.com/sR4LihWl.jpg

View Quote

Go use the 14 outside where theres lots of dark spots and the blemishes almost dissappear.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Go use the 14 outside where theres lots of dark spots and the blemishes almost dissappear.
View Quote

For sure, the several small blems do disappear.  The one spot is pretty friggin big, it really pops and I only highlighted it bc the photo doesn’t really do it justice.  Totally knew what I was buying so it’s not a tarnish on TNVC, experience with them was great and I’d shop again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two of each of these:

at least you will be able to fuck around with the mohawk...

Placeholder for specs:

Christ... 24 week lead time..

Maybe TNVC will move me from my custodian duties and grass mowing to help them build some units
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Christ... 24 week lead time..

Maybe TNVC will move me from my custodian duties and grass mowing to help them build some units
View Quote

Like I said before, it's on me for waiting so long to order stuff. Shit is in high demand these days and it's pretty much the best there is so.......I wait.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#18]
USNV PVS-14 via Tactical Shit
Ordered: 9/4/20
Received: 10/5/20

Luminous: 2384
Radiant: 270
Halo max: 0.95
Burn in EBI phot max: 0.61
2x10-6 max: 66956
FOM: 1696
Signal to noise: 26.5

Has a spot in zone 1 and 3 but other than that it’s awesome, leaps and bounds above my gen2+ that it replaced. Specs seem good according to my novice understanding.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]

RNVG with L3 Unfilmed Tubes from TNVC. I would recommend them.
Ordered: July 9 Received: October 6
89 Days Wait

I knew this going in, but I think it bears repeating: These L3 tubes are leftovers after the military contracts are fulfilled. I hate calling any product that costs upwards of $8 grand "scraps" but these basically are. Know what you're buying before you hit that buy button.
With that said I was still super impressed. I can't imagine what the nicer PVS31 tubes look like with the higher FOM values . These look awesome to me. I think TNVC did a great job choosing two tubes that matched to go into the RNVG housing. My fiancee tried them on and thought they were dumb for what that's worth . Might have to rethink the marriage LOL!

Left
FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2080
EBI: 0.2
Signal to Noise: 32.8
Center Resolution: 72
Halo: 0.7

Right

FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2062
Signal to Noise: 33.3
Halo 0.7

No dark spots according to either specification sheet. But as we all know, if you stare at a wall long enough you'll find your own. Overall I'm really impressed, can't wait to get some range time behind them.
Odd Quirk: The left tube will turn off randomly if you make adjustments the IPD screw. I've got an E-Mail out to see if that's normal. Once you set the IPD and restart the unit, the tube seems fine and doesn't turn off, so it's probably not really an issue.

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://i.postimg.cc/hP4pdXfL/Picture.jpg

89 Days Wait

I knew this going in, but I think it bears repeating: These L3 tubes are leftovers after the military contracts are fulfilled. I hate calling any product that costs upwards of $8 grand "scraps" but these basically are. Know what you're buying before you hit that buy button.
With that said I was still super impressed. I can't imagine what the nicer PVS31 tubes look like with the higher FOM values . As you can see mine have bottom barrel FOM, but they still look awesome to me. I think TNVC did a great job choosing two tubes that matched to go into the RNVG housing. My fiancee tried them on and thought they were dumb for what that's worth . Might have to rethink the marriage LOL!

Left
FOM: 2080

Right

FOM: 2062
Halo 0.7

No dark spots according to either specification sheet. But as we all know, if you stare at a wall long enough you'll find your own. Overall I'm really impressed, can't wait to get some range time behind them.
Odd Quirk: The left tube will turn off randomly if you make adjustments the IPD screw. I've got an E-Mail out to see if that's normal. Once you set the IPD and restart the unit, the tube seems fine and doesn't turn off, so it's probably not really an issue.

View Quote

Those FOM's don't look right, shouldn't 72x33 mean they are 2300-2400?
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Those FOM's don't look right, shouldn't 72x33 mean they are 2300-2400?
View Quote

You're right, the spec sheet actually says Photocathode Sensitivity. I just went back and updated the post, thanks for letting me know I had no clue.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
89 Days Wait

With that said I was still super impressed. I can't imagine what the nicer PVS31 tubes look like with the higher FOM values . As you can see mine have bottom barrel FOM, but they still look awesome to me. I think TNVC did a great job choosing two tubes that matched to go into the RNVG housing. My fiancee tried them on and thought they were dumb for what that's worth . Might have to rethink the marriage LOL!

Left
FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2080

Right

FOM Photocathode Sensitivity: 2062
Halo 0.7

View Quote

That's not bottom of the barrel FOM (those are actually pretty good specs), and holy matching. I think that's one of the most well matched binos I've ever seen posted here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's not bottom of the barrel FOM (those are actually pretty good specs), and holy matching. I think that's one of the most well matched binos I've ever seen posted here.
View Quote

Not to mention theyre within a single snr point of the 31 tubes he was dreaming about. Stop dreaming, youre there lol.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:54:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Any reviews on the GSCI PVS31C w/L3 WP tubes?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#25]
RNVG, unfilmed WP. From TNVC

order date: 9/18/20

Quoted ETA: 20 WEEKS (ouch!)

Paid upfront, had no idea a deposit was an option. Im pretty much just going to forget about it until they arrive. Hopefully the apocalypse hasnt happened by the time I get my nods! haha
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any reviews on the GSCI PVS31C w/L3 WP tubes?
View Quote

I don't think these exist...

The GSCI PVS31C isn't a US milspec housing in any shape way or form, and since it's Canadian, it's tailored to countries who can't get US made housings (real PVS31s, RNVGs, BNVDs, etc) due to ITAR. Because of that, the tubes that are offered are also not made in the US; they're typically offered with Photonis, Harder Digital, or Russian Katod tubes.

Why not just get DTNVGs or BNVDs with L3 WP tubes? Why the GSCI housing?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Our tubes are not milspec leftovers or scrap tube, I have no idea where this rumor comes from. Probably from L3H reps

That is an incorrect statement Sir
View Quote

+1

Over the years ive spent on here and talking with Vic there is no way he would let TNVC settle for scrap tubes or left overs. Half the problems TNVC has is related to the high grade tubes they require for their nods and suppliers being able to produce enough high end tubes for them.

Look through this thread at the consistency of the high spec tubes from TNVC's main line and it will speak for its self (not XLS tubes)
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The GSCI PVS31C isn't a US milspec housing in any shape way or form, and since it's Canadian, it's tailored to countries who can't get US made housings (real PVS31s, RNVGs, BNVDs, etc) due to ITAR. Because of that, the tubes that are offered are also not made in the US; they're typically offered with Photonis, Harder Digital, or Russian Katod tubes.

View Quote

Not that id buy from them but ive seen steel industries selling l3 uf tubed 31cs
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not that id buy from them but ive seen steel industries selling l3 uf tubed 31cs
View Quote

Huh, interesting. Not sure why anybody in the US would bother with it tbh. The ActInBlack housings and glass are far superior to the GSCI housings and glass and if you want cheap and can build the system yourself, the AGM/Flir/Armasight BNVD housings and glass exist. Otherwise, the NVD BNVDs look like a good option in between.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Huh, interesting. Not sure why anybody in the US would bother with it tbh.
View Quote

I'm sure the "PVS31" name has been responsible for quite a few being sold.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Huh, interesting. Not sure why anybody in the US would bother with it tbh. The ActInBlack housings and glass are far superior to the GSCI housings and glass and if you want cheap and can build the system yourself, the AGM/Flir/Armasight BNVD housings and glass exist. Otherwise, the NVD BNVDs look like a good option in between.
View Quote

The name to dumb people, and probably because steele might have supply issues with dtnvgs sometimes...
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know nothing about Steele. Other than not being one of the bigger names, why wouldn't you buy from them?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless you opt for ether eyepieces, its just milspec pvs 14 optics with dtnvgs ( anvis version aside). Its the same for the NVD BNVD( 14 optics). Neither is superior to the other optically in this case they're the same.

The NVD ULs and mini B actually uses polymer optics that are optically superior to milspec 14.

I was quoted low 2 grand for the pvs-31c that includes the proprietary optics. Dtnvgs are 3g + another grand for optics. A NVD bnvd conversion would a little less than the dtnvg all together, but still more than a grand more than the gsci price of optics included. So financially the gsci has an edge.

Just trying to put facts out there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Unless you opt for ether eyepieces, its just milspec pvs 14 optics with dtnvgs ( anvis version aside). Its the same for the NVD BNVD( 14 optics). Neither is superior to the other optically in this case they're the same.

The NVD ULs and mini B actually uses polymer optics that are optically superior to milspec 14.

I was quoted low 2 grand for the pvs-31c that includes the proprietary optics. Dtnvgs are 3g + another grand for optics. A NVD bnvd conversion would a little less than the dtnvg all together, but still more than a grand more than the gsci price of optics included. So financially the gsci has an edge.

View Quote

Be nice if NVD would sell their crap in pieces. I'd like some of those UL lenses.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I know nothing about Steele. Other than not being one of the bigger names, why wouldn't you buy from them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't have a good reputation, to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Be nice if NVD would sell their crap in pieces. I'd like some of those UL lenses.
View Quote

Supposedly you have to add a pigtail or something to use standard tubes.

Hence why they do all inhouse.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Our tubes are not milspec leftovers or scrap tubes, I have no idea where this rumor comes from. Probably from L3H reps

That is an incorrect statement Sir
View Quote

Was about to say, jeez why do I keep seeing comments like that
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:49:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't say the DTNVG had better glass than the NVD BNVD. I said the DTNVG had better housing and glass quality than the GSCI PVS31C and the AGM/FLIR/Armasight BNVD housing and glass. I've seen and compared the DTNVG with the GSCI PVS31C and the DTNVG housing and glass is far superior. You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I didn't say the DTNVG had better glass than the NVD BNVD. I said the DTNVG had better housing and glass quality than the GSCI PVS31C and the AGM/FLIR/Armasight BNVD housing and glass. I've seen and compared the DTNVG with the GSCI PVS31C and the DTNVG housing and glass is far superior. You get what you pay for.
View Quote

When you state DTNVG>GSCI (housing and glass) then state NVD is a good in between. I'm not sure how else people would interpret that but DTNVG>NVD>GSCI.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Just a big shout out and thank you to TNVC.  They went ABOVE AND BEYOND for me (again).

L3 filmless white

S/N: 34.1
res: 72
ebi: 0.7
halo: 0.7

Without a doubt the cleanest tube I've ever looked thru... an absolute stunner.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

any objective data to support your assessment? I don't know much about the optical qualities of the glass used in most NV but am very aware of the fluorite vs plastic lens dialogue in other optical devices. I ask because I have seen several options stated here that may have the ownership bias...
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:30:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just a big shout out and thank you to TNVC.  They went ABOVE AND BEYOND for me (again).

L3 filmless white

S/N: 34.1
ebi: 0.7

Without a doubt the cleanest tube I've ever looked thru... an absolute stunner.
View Quote

Awesome! Hopefully mine will be any day now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
any objective data to support your assessment? I don't know much about the optical qualities of the glass used in most NV but am very aware of the fluorite vs plastic lens dialogue in other optical devices. I ask because I have seen several options stated here that may have the ownership bias...
View Quote

Unfortunately I don't have any data or pics to back it up. My assessment on the ActInBlack glass vs GSCI glass is from looking through friends' units from both companies (I don't own either and my personal unit has milspec glass). Both are proprietary and not technically US milspec, but ACT glass was definitely crisper with less edge distortion than the GSCI glass. The GSCI optics reminds me a lot of the AGM optics that was brought up in the other thread. Comparing it to milspec glass, ACT is very comparable (and basically just as good from what I saw). If you're getting DTNVGs in the US though, it's very possible your units use US milspec optics instead of ACT's proprietary optics depending on the builder.

To be honest, I'm still not sure why people are going on about this. Anybody from the US will not have a problem (short of supply issues) of getting a unit with US milspec glass. Why even consider GSCI? It would be as or more expensive for lower quality than what an American can get.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

The PVS31C's I ordered from Steele were 22UA L3 WP tubes. The spec sheet I saw for the then were 2500+ FOM and 2400+ FOM. I just liked them due to the AUX power capability and Aluminum housing. I would never get the GSCI optics but just the 31c housing is what interested me.

Left:
FOM: 2585
S/N: 35.9
ebi: 0.3

Right:
FOM: 2419
S/N: 33.6
ebi: 0.4
halo: 0.6
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The ones I ordered from Steele were 22UA L3 WP tubes. The spec sheet I saw for the then were 2600+ FOM and 2500+ FOM. I just liked them due to the AUX power capability and Aluminum housing. I would never get the GSCI optics but just the 31c housing is what interested me.

Left:
FOM: 2593
S/N: 35.9
ebi: 0.3

Right:
FOM: 2621
S/N: 33.6
ebi: 0.4
halo: 0.6
View Quote

Who is calculating those FOMs? They're both wrong, especially the R tube.

L - 2584.8
R - 2419.2

Both still great, but the person doing the calculations may need to back away from the computer for a while
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#48]
You're right, I read the Spec sheet wrong. Good catch. Went ahead and fixed the original post
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You're right, I read the Spec sheet wrong. Good catch
View Quote

Maybe you were posting photocathode sensitivity instead of FOM.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Maybe you were posting photocathode sensitivity instead of FOM.
View Quote

In which case thats also a good spec.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top