Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 2:53:42 PM EDT
So where is this November announcement about a possible cost effective option for a lam?! @tnvc

I’ve got what I hope is enough for two but Christmas is coming up fast.  It’s getting hard to keep this.....it’s burning a hole in my pocket!
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:54:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't hold your breath lol. They said they are currently testing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm betting SHOT Show.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Like, Mk23 LAM?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't hold your breath lol. They said they are currently testing.
View Quote
Where was this stated?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where was this stated?

Thanks
View Quote
Whatever thread in the Night Vision forum they were teasing it in I think. Might have been the one with all the laser names in the title.

I’ll try and find it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I got tired of waiting for new economy laser/IR system to start shipping so bought another economy MAWL C1+

Maybe overkill for my suppressed Summit-Mist 22LR with Reap-IR but it’s very effective anyway.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I was kind of annoyed not to hear any news on this. I have my high dollar setup taken care of. I was really looking forward to another budget minded option to look at for the fun guns. I’ve been holding out for this since the first rumor... and..... crickets
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say historically when it comes to TNVC releasing a new product "Don't hold your breath" and "It will be worth the wait" are both equally true.

That they have not offered up any teasers and are keeping tight lipped really brings home the point that this product is IMO a long way off.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got tired of waiting for new economy laser/IR system to start shipping so bought another economy MAWL C1+

Maybe overkill for my suppressed Summit-Mist 22LR with Reap-IR but it’s very effective anyway.https://imageshack.com/a/img921/905/XZZdHD.jpg
View Quote
Damm! for a .22? I can’t bring myself to buy a mawl for any of my rifles let alone a .22
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm gonna stick my neck out and say historically when it comes to TNVC releasing a new product "Don't hold your breath" and "It will be worth the wait" are both equally true.

That they have not offered up any teasers and are keeping tight lipped really brings home the point that this product is IMO a long way off.
View Quote
Yeah same thing happened with the dual switch (TAPS I think it was called)

Assuming history repeats, It'll come through. Just going to take a while.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah same thing happened with the dual switch (TAPS I think it was called)

Assuming history repeats, It'll come through. Just going to take a while.
View Quote
or maybe it will go the way of the WASP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe overkill for my suppressed Summit-Mist 22LR with Reap-IR but it’s very effective anyway.https://imageshack.com/a/img921/905/XZZdHD.jpg
View Quote
Goodness gracious.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I wouldn’t care how long it took honestly. Just don’t freakin say you’re going to drop an announcement, tell us soon, and they say you are “testing” with no eta.

I know it’s basic psychology but it’s still annoying.  Thank god I didn’t try to beat the crowd and sell my d2.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Goodness gracious.
View Quote
Excessive maybe, however it gets used way more than any of my other rifles so It’s not money just sitting in the safe :)

Fantastic setup overall the way the MAWL mounts on the Summits 6 inch rail it allows me to have both Reap-IR thermal and IR laser/Illum all in a short space. That doesn’t work with any of my other IR laser/Illums I own dbal or peq. I was pinging steel disk at 70 yards every pull of the trigger with the MAWL last night  just puts a smile on my face :)

Back to the main topic I’ve been here way to long to count on any new night vision product to arrive to market in a timely fashion. Seems marketing starts way before product production does. Then the market changes in the mean time and production gets shelfed or totally canceled.

I sure hope to see a class 1 laser/Illum with adjustable IR laser power (low/high) plus a decent IR Illum led or laser for $500-$600 one day soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top