Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2018 12:12:24 PM EDT
I'm going to be installing a POE based security camera system.  I don't want to mess with a PC based system so NVR seems to be the way to go.  I want it to be decently simple and a good iPhone app is important.  I've been looking at some options and the Reolink seems to check all the boxes and the camera options seems to be right in line with "not too expensive" but "not too shitty".  I also like that they have a PTZ camera I can integrate with the NVR and app if I desire.  Is there anything else I should be looking at that has the same simple use as the Reolink, same general price range, and easy to use iPhone app?

Also, the NVR and a monitor will be mounted in an upstairs closet(perfect location, easy to wire, close to internet router) and it will have a monitor.  However, the Reolink has both DVI and HDMI output and I was thinking of a way to run HDMI down to the downstairs bedroom so that cameras could be viewed on the TV.  I've never run wire through interior walls before and the top of the interior wall for the bedroom(main level) is covered at the top by the second story game room floor.  Is there an easy way to get wire to that bedroom wall and if not, ballpark what would it cost to have someone come run it?  I think the HMDI run would have to be 100 feet so maybe I would need a booster or should I look at a wireless HDMI option?(direct line of sight for wireless would be through a floor and 2 walls but only 40 ft line of sight)
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Reolink. I'll post day and night pics for you
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The shed with the hay bale in front is around 70-80 feet away, the horse is around 50 yards and the far corner of the field is  over 100 yards.

The lenses may need to be wiped off, havent been cleaned yet over 1 year old.

[ Images removed]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Their phone app is pretty good, I get notifications instantly if i set it to detect movement. You can make adjustments and change settings from the phone or the NVR itself.

Cameras are not to bad for their price as well.

Wireless worked well but it used a lot of bandwidth, mine came with 100' cables and drilling a few holes and mounting them was very easy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Which Reolink cameras are those, the 5MP or the 4MP?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which Reolink cameras are those, the 5MP or the 4MP?
View Quote
4mp. RLC 410

The 5mp ptz cameras must be pretty nice, I'm sure I will upgrade or at least get a few more cameras in the future and I will give those a try when I do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I am too shopping for a home camera system...  I am looking into the

Reolink 4MP IP Security Camera System 16CH PoE NVR 3TB HDD 8 PoE Cam

Seems to have some decent reviews.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top