BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It depends entirely upon what it is and what you're using it for. For most people using it on the range or for home defense - the large majority of use cases we see here - you really don't need a $500 carrier tricked out with another $500 worth of additions and accessories.

If you wear your gear for work and on a daily or near-daily basis, then that's different. You don't want to cheap out if that's the case. But for occasional/light use or just dicking around on the range, you can get away with spending a lot less and not noticing the difference.

I went through Iraq with mostly garbage SDS low-bid issue crap and got through it just fine, and that saw a lot harder daily use than anything I'll ever see as a civilian. Modern tactical gear is usually built to take a beating.

When I wore armor and tactical gear for work, I paid a lot more for my own stuff. But now? Nah, my money is better put elsewhere. I mean, it's your money - indulge yourself if you want to. But if you're looking at this thread, you're probably on a budget...

YMMV.
View Quote
Low bidder government contracts are their own beast to figure out.  Generally, that stuff won't outright fail as the quality control is there to ensure sewing and fabric is solid.  Whether it works well or is comfortable is a different issue.  Also, re-supply is generally not a problem, unlike it is for civilians.

I started out with some SDS stuff and it is still just as serviceable today as it was when I bought it.  It cost the same or less than the Chinese knockoffs.  I do prefer something a little more user friendly.

I have had bad experiences with Chinese knockoffs and my Turkey replacement bag while in the EU didn't outright fail but, I had to be very gentle with it and had no confidence my stuff would make it 'home' if I treated it like my normal gear.

And yes, if you are just dicking around in some "Walter Mitty" fantasy on a one-way range, gear really doesn't matter except for bragging at a bar or Instagram posing.  If you're barricaded in your castle, again, soft gear doesn't really matter as magazines and bottles of water can just be stacked on a handy table near a window.

Different strokes for different folks.  Context matters a lot with issues like this.  Myself, as an ARMY OF ONE, I am my own resupply, medic, infantry sniper, air controller, etc. in rural America.

With a Crye JPC running ~$250 and Hesco plates running similarly (non-price gouged), $500 buys a real solid setup.  Of course, there are other options in the same range as well.  Add a $40 shingle for some mags and I'm good to go with a Source water bladder.  A high profile carrier decked out with all the bells and whistles just focuses attention on me which is counterproductive to getting home without boo-boos that I need to take care of with my medkit and TQ's.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I also don't want to be the PEACOCK OFFICER strutting around that becomes the focus of whoever is out to do harm.

Low profile protection and armament can be effective.  None of this is a magic shield and, like the armored car, only buys time to escape out of the field of fire so you can regroup and decide what comes next instead of being stuck in the furball.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My LAPG carrier just arrived. Initial setup as shown below is III+ multicurve front, III+ singlecurve back, IFAK on front and w/4 Lancers loaded w/77gr OTM comes to 16.75lbs. With 2 Lancers it's 14.5Lbs.

First Impressions:
Much of this is subjective so take with a big grain of salt, it's worth exactly what you paid for it (maybe less... )

Pros: Light, integral pouches for 4 mags, plate pockets allow dangler/drop pouches to be used, thin shoulder strap makes for easier shouldering of the rifle (compared to my Condor), placard-friendly, cummerbund has some elastic so there's some 'give' when moving around, cummerbund & shoulder straps are easily adjusted.

Cons: Only 1 of the 4 mag pouches is easily accessible for me (YMMV), shoulder strap pads are a bit thin (only time will tell if they're sufficient), mesh but no padding on the inside of the carrier (again, only time will tell if this is a problem), Velcro is loud (duh), loose shoulder strap ends need to be secured (or cut if no future adjustments), integral admin pouch is nearly worthless for anything other than a kerchief, paperwork or something similar.

What would I like to see different? Change the cummerbund so the mag pouches are a little more forward for easier access.

Right now I'm pleased with the setup, got to get some range/training time with it to determine if my favorable first impressions holds up.

Tomac

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/21/2020 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
@Tomac
What med kit is that? Good looking set up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@Tomac
What med kit is that? Good looking set up.
View Quote

Thx! The pouch is off Amazon:
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

The contents are my own: Shears, 4" compression bandage, Quik-Clot gauze, TQ, Celox applicator, 2 vented chest seals, gloves, wipes.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Just ordered one with 2 of their level III plates. Its my first rig so just wanted to try a budget setup for now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok got mine in and have a couple thoughts I wanted to share.

Build quality seems just fine. Nothing obviously wrong. Stitching looks good. Multicam pattern looks nice. Happy here.

One thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread was spacing for placard placement...I ordered the 5.56 Triple Midlength Daeodon Front Panel hoping it would line up with the attachment points on the PC. Well, the attachment webbing is about an inch wider than the buckles on the panel. I'm going to try to make it work by splitting the difference and having the panel buckles angle outwards just a touch. We'll see if it bothers me when my new buckles come in. Also, I got the midlengh panel but the tall panel might have been better. Would have more hook and loop space. FYI, I tried to use g-hooks and didn't care for them. Not secure enough in my opinion.

Regarding the mag pouches built into the cumberbund...same thing for me as others have reported, the rear pouch is just too far back to be very useful. I adjusted the cumberbund to move those pouches as far to the front as possible and I'm still not able to retrieve the rear mag. Maybe I'm just not as limber as I used to be lol.

My only other issue, and for the cost I can live with this, is the way you adjust the shoulder straps. It uses velcro and you just peel the velco apart and adjust it to your liking. That's fine, but it's just tough to get both shoulder straps adjusted the same. Prob not a big deal in real life, but just would be nice to have a mark or something to reference when making shoulder strap adjustments.

Bottom line, for the money seems good to go. Not sure if I'll be happy or not with the Esstac fitment, but I'll give it a shot.

Pic of Esttac Panel and PC fitment:
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok got mine in and have a couple thoughts I wanted to share.

Build quality seems just fine. Nothing obviously wrong. Stitching looks good. Multicam pattern looks nice. Happy here.

One thing that was mentioned earlier in the thread was spacing for placard placement...I ordered the 5.56 Triple Midlength Daeodon Front Panel hoping it would line up with the attachment points on the PC. Well, the attachment webbing is about an inch wider than the buckles on the panel. I'm going to try to make it work by splitting the difference and having the panel buckles angle outwards just a touch. We'll see if it bothers me when my new buckles come in. Also, I got the midlengh panel but the tall panel might have been better. Would have more hook and loop space. FYI, I tried to use g-hooks and didn't care for them. Not secure enough in my opinion.

My only other issue, and for the cost I can live with this, is the way you adjust the shoulder straps. It uses velcro and you just peel the velco apart and adjust it to your liking. That's fine, but it's just tough to get both shoulder straps adjusted the same. Prob not a big deal in real life, but just would be nice to have a mark or something to reference when making shoulder strap adjustments.

Bottom line, for the money seems good to go. Not sure if I'll be happy or not with the Esstac fitment, but I'll give it a shot.

Pic of Esttac Panel and PC fitment:
https://i.ibb.co/gZFHWg3/LAPG-PC.jpg
View Quote

I ordered the same panel for mine, so I’m looking forward to seeing your fix.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I dealt with the excess shoulder strap lengths with a little industrial Velcro to tack 'em down.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]

While I do agree the LAPG carrier is cheap and slightly poor quality (you get what you pay for), the buckle width issue isn't on the plate carrier.

Here you can see a London Bridge front placard on the bottom, then a D3CRM, then the Esstac.  The Esstac is clearly the narrowest of the three although my photo angle might not show it the best.  Regardless they all fit just fine, that's why the buckles are not fixed in place.

The LBT and Haley Strategic Placards are slightly wider if for some reason having angled buckles triggers you.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/ZMWCwP9.jpg

While I do agree the LAPG carrier is cheap and slightly poor quality (you get what you pay for), the buckle width issue isn't on the plate carrier.

Here you can see a London Bridge front placard on the bottom, then a D3CRM, then the Esstac.  The Esstac is clearly the narrowest of the three although my photo angle might not show it the best.  Regardless they all fit just fine, that's why the buckles are not fixed in place.

The LBT and Haley Strategic Placards are slightly wider if for some reason having angled buckles triggers you.
View Quote

Yeah completely agree it isn’t  a problem with the carrier, just stating that it’s not a perfect fit, for anyone else that was wondering.

Obviously I’ll be able to attach the panel to the plate carrier and it’ll be functional.

Want to be clear, this wasn’t meant to be a negative review. I didn’t say the carrier was “cheap or slightly less quality”. For the money, it’s exactly what I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
As an experiment, I replaced my single-curve III+ in the LAPG's back pocket w/a multicurve IV (adds 19oz to overall weight, all on the back) while keeping a heavier III+ multicurve in the front pocket.
I've discovered it's significantly more comfortable to wear not only due to the IV being multicurve, but the added weight on the back exactly counteracts the weight of my IFAK on the front (also 19oz) making for a near-perfectly balanced setup.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#13]
My plates came in today, but not my carrier. Seems that they shipped them separately.

Odd.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My plates came in today, but not my carrier. Seems that they shipped them separately.
Odd.
View Quote

When's the tracking number for the carrier say it's supposed to arrive?
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odd.

It doesn’t, it says “No scheduled delivery date available at this time.”

It also says it’s in Illinois, so it’s made some progress.
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's weird. Both my LAPG carrier (separate orders) tracking numbers were through FedEx that showed accurate estimated delivery dates shortly after they were accepted by FedEx.
Hope it shows up soon!

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's weird. Both my LAPG carrier (separate orders) tracking numbers were through FedEx that showed accurate estimated delivery dates shortly after they were accepted by FedEx.
Hope it shows up soon!

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope it shows up soon!

Tomac

Thanks, hope so too.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Got my carrier today, I can’t complain too much but that’s mostly because I’ve never owned one before so I don’t know anything.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got my carrier today, I can’t complain too much but that’s mostly because I’ve never owned one before so I don’t know anything.

View Quote

Congrats!

Feel free to ask questions of us who already own one!

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Congrats!

Tomac
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats!

Tomac

Thank you, I’m sure there will be many.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Here some pics of a ODG one I got.  I put a London bridge placard and a D3CRM on it as an example of what it would look like if you wanted to do something like that.

Last picture is it next to an Agilite and LBT.  It's obviously not as good as those, but they are also more than 4x the cost at least.  I honestly got it to do hikes without looking all tactical and getting wierd looks.

Overall you get what you pay for, not great but not super terrible.  The shoulder strap adjustment sucks pretty bad.  I'm 5'10" 175 athletic and I had to tighten the shoulder straps so there's barely like 4" of velcro connecting them and I had to fold them over so the "pads" would cover them.  You could definitely wear this under a hoodie or softshell jacket for those undercover operators

I do like the cummerbund, it's pretty much one long strip of elastic so you can pull it super tight and it's not going to go anywhere but also still let you breath.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/FsHPW4u.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EJns7p4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OoHttSw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r0NeHJ8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8nk3JuJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VQQea8p.jpg

Here some pics of a ODG one I got.  I put a London bridge placard and a D3CRM on it as an example of what it would look like if you wanted to do something like that.

Last picture is it next to an Agilite and LBT.  It's obviously not as good as those, but they are also more than 4x the cost at least.  I honestly got it to do hikes without looking all tactical and getting wierd looks.

Overall you get what you pay for, not great but not super terrible.  The shoulder strap adjustment sucks pretty bad.  I'm 5'10" 175 athletic and I had to tighten the shoulder straps so there's barely like 4" of velcro connecting them and I had to fold them over so the "pads" would cover them.  You could definitely wear this under a hoodie or softshell jacket for those undercover operators

I do like the cummerbund, it's pretty much one long strip of elastic so you can pull it super tight and it's not going to go anywhere but also still let you breath.
View Quote

I agree the shoulder strap adjustments could be improved (at the very least lengthen the amount of Velcro on the bottom strap).
After adjusting my straps, the ends lined up very closely with the slots so I tacked down the loose ends by running a 2" piece of Gorilla Tape through each of the slots to tape down the ends.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Overall you get what you pay for, not great but not super terrible.  The shoulder strap adjustment sucks pretty bad.  I'm 5'10" 175 athletic and I had to tighten the shoulder straps so there's barely like 4" of velcro connecting them and I had to fold them over so the "pads" would cover them.  

View Quote

I had to do the same thing, and I’m a hair under 6’1”. Having no point of reference, I wasn’t sure if that was typical, but it’s the one thing that I really dislike so far.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought one. Overall it’s not a great carrier, but it is pretty damn good for $60.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

General construction and sewing quality can be an issue with cheap knock-offs.  A good plate carrier doesn't have to cost ~$500 but, realistic expectations are a good idea with the really cheap ones.

Cheap plate carriers can kill you a 'nickel and dime' at a time with upgrades and fixes.  With USA based (not all Berry compliant) minimalist options starting at ~$119, I'd think carefully about going to Condor and other Chinese options with questionable quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also have a condor, waffled back and forth also. What came down to it for me was the fact that it's a clone of the nicest rigs out there for ghetto prices. The velcro card interchangeability for different scenarios is a huge upgrade that I've been lusting after but couldn't justify at the Gucci brand price.

General construction and sewing quality can be an issue with cheap knock-offs.  A good plate carrier doesn't have to cost ~$500 but, realistic expectations are a good idea with the really cheap ones.

Cheap plate carriers can kill you a 'nickel and dime' at a time with upgrades and fixes.  With USA based (not all Berry compliant) minimalist options starting at ~$119, I'd think carefully about going to Condor and other Chinese options with questionable quality.

The Condor is a friggen pig, it’s built like a tank. It would last just fine for a deployment to the sandbox.

Mind you I wouldn’t take it because it’s an overbuilt antiquated design that’s hot as bells & heavy. I’d spend more for the innovative perks and weight reduction. Which is most of the cost for top of the line gear. Not stitch work.

I’m happy with what I bought from LAPG, mine must have gone through QC on a Tuesday when the inspector had sobered up from the weekend.

But like I said above about stitch work, I have confidence in the ability of the Vietnamese to sew. Innovative new designs, no. Sew, yes

(the Chicoms btw are the ones that are notorious for declining QC every production run, till the customer pitches a fit)
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I get some recommendations on Placards?

Along with needed accessories if you’re recommending something like the Daedon (it only comes with 1 side of the buckle, assuming your PC already has the other).

Not trying to be a freeloader, I did some research today, but I don’t wanna pay top dollar for something pretty simple. Not sure what brands fall into the next tier down or dependable bottom tier like Condor.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Since my plate carrier options are so limited right now, I got my LAPG PC after about 2 weeks in transit.

It carries my L210's pretty well but, it's not the greatest fit.  All things considered, reasonable quality for $60.  I don't think I'd want to use heavier plates in it though.  I can see why multicurves are so popular, though for the cost differential I'm not sure it is worth it for someone who doesn't live in their plate carrier 24x7.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#28]
My cons were similar.  The shoulder straps are too long and I’m not a skinny guy.  I ended up folding the excess strap under the pad and it helped.  

The two back magazine pouches are just about useless for magazines if you are needing to get to them quickly.  Depending on your size, you can flip the elastic flaps around and it moves the pouches more forward.  Put the front velcro flaps on the back, move left to the right.

The shoulder pads could be less stiff, slightly longer and more comfortable.  

Overall though, it seems to be good quality.  It is thin material but I didn’t buy it as a carrier I’m going to wear walking through the jungle on a 30 day mission.  It’s a lightweight, low drag carrier as a back up.  It fits me very well once adjusted with multi curve plates.  It does not feel nearly as heavy as my bulkier carriers with the same plates.  You could not conceal this under a t-shirt with rigid plates in it but you maybe could under a baggy pull over or bigger jacket.  I’m a fan of the elastic/ bungee type cummerbunds.

Quoted:
My LAPG carrier just arrived. Initial setup as shown below is III+ multicurve front, III+ singlecurve back, IFAK on front and w/4 Lancers loaded w/77gr OTM comes to 16.75lbs. With 2 Lancers it's 14.5Lbs.

First Impressions:
Much of this is subjective so take with a big grain of salt, it's worth exactly what you paid for it (maybe less... )

Pros: Light, integral pouches for 4 mags, plate pockets allow dangler/drop pouches to be used, thin shoulder strap makes for easier shouldering of the rifle (compared to my Condor), placard-friendly, cummerbund has some elastic so there's some 'give' when moving around, cummerbund & shoulder straps are easily adjusted.

Cons: Only 1 of the 4 mag pouches is easily accessible for me (YMMV), shoulder strap pads are a bit thin (only time will tell if they're sufficient), mesh but no padding on the inside of the carrier (again, only time will tell if this is a problem), Velcro is loud (duh), loose shoulder strap ends need to be secured (or cut if no future adjustments), integral admin pouch is nearly worthless for anything other than a kerchief, paperwork or something similar.

What would I like to see different? Change the cummerbund so the mag pouches are a little more forward for easier access.

Right now I'm pleased with the setup, got to get some range/training time with it to determine if my favorable first impressions holds up.

Tomac

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1593/PA210003_JPG-1646910.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh that's smart, I didn't think about flipping the cummerbund around to move the mag pouches more forward and also on the outside vs inside.

I just did it and looks like it does move them slightly more forward.  Didn't get a chance to see if it's noticeable as I was heading out the door to work.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#30]
How does the LAPG carrier compare against the Condor Sentry since they are similar cost?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How does the LAPG carrier compare against the Condor Sentry since they are similar cost?
View Quote

@jsshuler
I've owned them both.
Sentry Pros: More PALS loops, more padding, I like the quick-adjust straps on the sides, fairly robust, mags on the front faster/easier to access.
LAPG Pros: Lighter, a little cooler for me (YMMV), integral mag pouches on the side protect mags from damage/loss in case of a front PC hit, better overall balance than the Sentry since mag weight can go to the sides instead of the front.
LAPG Cons: Elastic cummerbund can restrict ease of breath if too snug, if not snug enough mags in the side pouches will droop. 3 of the 4 mag pouches slow/difficult to access.
JMHO...

Tomac

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Added an actual Slickster cummerbund to the mix and now life is good. I can actually access everything in the side pouches.

Once the retards stop selling Slicksters for $250, I'll grab one, too.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/FsHPW4u.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EJns7p4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OoHttSw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r0NeHJ8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8nk3JuJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VQQea8p.jpg

View Quote

If you decide to get rid of that, I would be happy to buy it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Added an actual Slickster cummerbund to the mix and now life is good. I can actually access everything in the side pouches.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123815/1503C74F-BC90-479E-9E1A-F9CE892FB634_jpe-1680352.JPG
View Quote

Are Slickster cummerbunds available at a reasonable price somewhere? Thx!...

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Tomac
View Quote
I paid $55 from the EE. That's probably retail, but none of us can really be picky, at this point.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I paid $55 from the EE. That's probably retail, but none of us can really be picky, at this point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomac

I toyed w/the idea of having a local tailor shop move the pouches forward on the LAPG cummerbund, but instead have ordered a couple of the Slickster Elastic Carry cummerbunds (even though they cost almost as much as the LAPG carrier itself!). I do like the number of pouches on the Slickster cummerbund, it gives me options for mags, TQ's, Snickers bars, etc.

I've contacted LAPG about moving the mag pouches forward on their cummerbund, that would allow users to choose pouch placement front/rear simply by moving each cummerbund half to the other side.

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#37]
For folks asking about swapping cummerbunds I would just go with this honestly.  Why spend the same cost as the PC just to get a different cummerbund?

QD tubes with the additional mag sleeves for less than $30
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqiaPSN
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
For folks asking about swapping cummerbunds I would just go with this honestly.  Why spend the same cost as the PC just to get a different cummerbund?

QD tubes with the additional mag sleeves for less than $30
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqiaPSN
View Quote

Holy Chinese website!
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I toyed w/the idea of having a local tailor shop move the pouches forward on the LAPG cummerbund, but instead have ordered a couple of the Slickster Elastic Carry cummerbunds (even though they cost almost as much as the LAPG carrier itself!). I do like the number of pouches on the Slickster cummerbund, it gives me options for mags, TQ's, Snickers bars, etc.

I've contacted LAPG about moving the mag pouches forward on their cummerbund, that would allow users to choose pouch placement front/rear simply by moving each cummerbund half to the other side.

Tomac
View Quote

I ordered the 24in Beez elastic cummerbund for $40.  It has 4 magazine pouches and they look much closer to the front than the LAPG version.  I will let you know how well they work once they arrive.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I ordered the 24in Beez elastic cummerbund for $40.  It has 4 magazine pouches and they look much closer to the front than the LAPG version.  I will let you know how well they work once they arrive.  
View Quote

@QtrHorse
Please do, thx!

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123815/1503C74F-BC90-479E-9E1A-F9CE892FB634_jpe-1680352.JPG
View Quote

Received my Slickster cummerbunds today (First Class made it from VA to ID in 1 day, woot!) and not surprisingly it's a big improvement over the LAPG cummerbund, worth the extra coin IMHO.
First mag pouch on both sides now easily accessible, second mag pouch on support side usable but not optimal. Not a big deal but I like the handles on the front of the cummerbund halves as well.

Any suggestions as to what might possibly go in the 3-4 empty & less accessible cummerbund mag pouches? (IFAK items? Snickers bars? Other?...)

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Received my Slickster cummerbunds today (First Class made it from VA to ID in 1 day, woot!) and not surprisingly it's a big improvement over the LAPG cummerbund, worth the extra coin IMHO.
First mag pouch on both sides now easily accessible, second mag pouch on support side usable but not optimal. Not a big deal but I like the handles on the front of the cummerbund halves as well.

Any suggestions as to what might possibly go in the 3-4 empty & less accessible cummerbund mag pouches? (IFAK items? Snickers bars? Other?...)

Tomac
View Quote
Sweet!  As far as equipment placement, put what's most important to you up front. For me, it's TQ's, IFAK, radio, etc. Just remember, this is a minimalist carrier. So mobility is important.
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Tomac
View Quote

I'd say a CAT7 TQ, a blowout kit, a rifle mag, and then some sort of insert for one or two pistol mags.

Or add one of those elastic TQ danglers and use the other pouch for another rifle mag.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I asked earlier about cheaper placard options and ended up going with Condors LCS VAS triple mag panel. Pic below, planning to add Esstac inserts if they’ll fit properly. It was $21 and looks like a solid clone, but I’ve yet to receive it as another item in my order is back ordered and holding things up. I’ll add more once I’ve gotten my hands on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 12:19:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I asked earlier about cheaper placard options and ended up going with Condors LCS VAS triple mag panel. Pic below, planning to add Esstac inserts if they’ll fit properly. It was $21 and looks like a solid clone, but I’ve yet to receive it as another item in my order is back ordered and holding things up. I’ll add more once I’ve gotten my hands on it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360527/BCA5434D-A835-4BFE-8A18-F4F732A356CC_jpe-1691132.JPG
View Quote

I tried the condor placard on this pc. It will work but will need some modification to work properly. You may need to shorten the length of webbing on the top female buckles. I will add some pics of mine later today.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#46]
For those who may be interested, the Slickster cummerbund weighs 3oz less than the LAPG cummerbund so that lowers the total weight of the LAPG PC w/Slickster cummerbund to 1 pound even (as per my postal scale).

Tomac
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I tried the condor placard on this pc. It will work but will need some modification to work properly. You may need to shorten the length of webbing on the top female buckles. I will add some pics of mine later today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360527/BCA5434D-A835-4BFE-8A18-F4F732A356CC_jpe-1691132.JPG

Awesome, I’ll check back in later!
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Ive read this thread but im still kinda confused due to lack of knowledge of vocabulary concerning the carriers and accessories. I have the lapg low vis carrier and level III plates. What else would be helpful to add to my carrier, and what do I need to add the front mag pouches?
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ive read this thread but im still kinda confused due to lack of knowledge of vocabulary concerning the carriers and accessories. I have the lapg low vis carrier and level III plates. What else would be helpful to add to my carrier, and what do I need to add the front mag pouches?
View Quote

Plate carrier items should do one of three things: Make holes (ammo), prevent holes (armor) or plug holes (trauma kit). At a minimum add a trauma/IFAK kit. I don't use front mag pouches on my LAPG carriers so can't advise you, sorry.

Tomac
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Plates, ammo, medical.

Basic medical items should include:
-Tourniquet
-Pair of chest seals
-Packing gauze
-Mini compression dressing
-Nasopharyngeal airway

The tourniquet will need to be mounted separately, but the other items can be stored quite compactly.

If you want to have a larger, more well rounded medical kit, useful IFAK items to add to the above might include:
-Clothing shears
-Medical gloves
-Some sort of tape
-Larger compression dressing
-Pair of eye shields
-Space blanket
-WaterGel burn dressing
-Decompression needle

The eye shields, space blanket, and burn dressing are debatable in importance, since a lot of the theory around IFAKs is to focus on things that are immediately life threatening (so mainly just blood loss and breathing). Though the space blanket arguably does contribute to controlling blood loss since maintaining body temperature helps with blood clotting.

The decompression needle is controversial, since you can accidentally cause serious damage if you don't do it correctly. Chest decompression is more complicated and risky than other straightforward first aid treatments like applying a tourniquet or packing gauze into a wound. So conventional wisdom is that you should only have a decompression needle if you and/or people you are working with have professional training in how to do it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top