Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/29/2021 1:32:17 PM EDT
Hi to everyone! I'm new to the forum and figured I should post what I got. Maybe you guys will get a kick out of this, but I'm amazed at how the M-95 is able to fit inside the trunk of my Mazda Miata...assembled! Call it what you will, but Barbie's car can pack heat...at the cost of my rear suspension

Link Posted: 1/29/2021 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice car and gun combo :-)
I thought a lot about grabbing a 50 BMG prior to the world getting all crazy but a little too late for that - everything is way too much inflated.
I do have some 50 BMG ammo in my stash - bought it pre-corona and had a really good deal.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#2]
No kidding, even things I thought would be obscure enough are jumping. My particular rifle I bought last February on impulse. I was wanting one for a LONG while and the virus, at that point, was making its way around Asia. So I convinced myself that it maybe my last chance to get one at a decent price.

I remember when it came in to my local dealer, the phone call I got started with "You're a lucky man, you're Barrett showed up!". Picking it up and taking it home was a bear. My M-95 came with a Pelican case. Not a problem right? With my little car it was MASSIVE. I had to put it in the passenger seat and drive with the convertible top down. I shouldn't have, but I decided to keep in it the cardboard box it all came in too. So here I am in a little white Miata, top down, and a MASSIVE box with "BARRETT" tape/stickers driving through the main drag through town. Looks I got I tell you...lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a Mazda 6 for a while when I got mine 32" 99. I either had to drop half of the back down or lay the whole thing across the back seat.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like how the 95’s look. Congrats on a great gun!
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The M95's were my favorite to build and shoot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M95's were my favorite to build and shoot.
View Quote

I see the Barrett’s QDL brake/suppressor can be installed on the M95s. I haven’t found anything through Google searches of someone running that set up. Do you have any insight how the M95s run suppressed?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#7]
When I was there, we had just started in suppressor testing. We messed with quite a few designs. The current production vans were after my time.

The few times I fired a can on an M95, it kicked like a mule. They've improved a lot since then.
Have no idea on current cans on the 95.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was there, we had just started in suppressor testing. We messed with quite a few designs. The current production vans were after my time.

The few times I fired a can on an M95, it kicked like a mule. They've improved a lot since then.
Have no idea on current cans on the 95.
View Quote

Suppressed 50s having stouter recoil seems to be the consensus. Knowing that, I’m still interested in adding a can to mine... mainly because I’m reading that the concussion blast is reduced. I do know a lot of 50 cal owners say that’s part of the fun owning a 50. A blast that not only feels like a giant hand is pressing on your face, but lets everyone on the range know (hearing it and feeling) a 50 is nearby.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top