Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2020 10:32:11 AM EDT
I made a (*questionable) trade a couple weeks ago for this new in box, unfired Winchester 94/22 made in 04.
Added the sling swivels, sling, post front sight and Williams rear aperture sight.
She's been shot plenty since then.
I've been wanting one of these for years, but every time I found a decent one for sale it was a .22 WMR. This one is marked for longs and long rifle.
I really like this rifle.
Attachment Attached File

* I traded a newish PTR91 straight up for it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet.

Been looking for the .22 version to match my 22mag.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]
great looking rifle

I like it better than the PTR91
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I had the opportunity to buy one NIB for $600.00 last year but I passed because it was in .22 mag. I would have jumped on it had it been in .22 LR. Different strokes.

BTW....I don't know if you were looking to preserve it's future collector's value or not but you hurt it some by drilling the stock for the swivel.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it's perfect. Great looking gun OP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Regardless of the trade, if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. I recently got a Henry .22 for plinking and it is a blast to shoot. I am starting to get more and more into lever guns. They are just fun to shoot. Congrats
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the opportunity to buy one NIB for $600.00 last year but I passed because it was in .22 mag. I would have jumped on it had it been in .22 LR. Different strokes.

BTW....I don't know if you were looking to preserve it's future collector's value or not but you hurt it some by drilling the stock for the swivel.
View Quote

It would have to be a strict collector in my opinion.   The usual addition done well doesn’t detract from value.   Now shortening the stock, changing out /losing the OEM sights, drill and tapping a gun does.   Done poorly or incorrectly and it does indeed.   I hate when I see sling studs halfway to the damn trigger.  

Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I'm not looking to preserve its collector value.
I wanted it for a shooter and I've shot it a lot now.
The rear swivel stud was drilled and countersunk meticulously though because I'm not a fan of half-assed work.
It's a shooter , but it won't be abused.
My kids can do with it as they please when I punch out, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top