Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 12/27/2018 12:21:52 AM EDT
My wife got me one of TOPS' folding knives for Christmas.

Its their typical "sharpened pry bar" designs

If it gets dull, I could also use it as a club.. Its half a pound

Compared to a Esee 3:

The rest of the TOPS family:

Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap that thing is FAT!

How do you carry it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I clip it in my right hand pocket.

My one complaint is its not set up to move the clip to the top or bottom of the knife--just left or right side.

It is very substantial.

Im just a desk jockey and sadly, it will probably only get used to open boxes lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:00:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice knife. I need to add a TOPS to the inventory.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 1:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice knife. I need to add a TOPS to the inventory.
View Quote
I think a lot of folks are turned off by some of their more extreme designs, but the ones I have are very very nice quality.

I wish the TOPS thread didn't get archived...
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Instead of a pocket clip, it should have sling swivels

I'm keen on overbuilt stuff, but overbuilt to the point of absurdity not so much
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Huh. Didn't know they had a Buck Nighthawk.

I still remember getting one of the early ones for 15 bucks at Wal-Mart on clearance...
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#7]
i just picked this up as well. seems good so far, but i was pretty disappointed to see in the packaging material that tops folders do NOT have their usual lifetime warranty. 5 years only, which doesn't exactly instill confidence from me if they don't have it in their own product
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i just picked this up as well. seems good so far, but i was pretty disappointed to see in the packaging material that tops folders do NOT have their usual lifetime warranty. 5 years only, which doesn't exactly instill confidence from me if they don't have it in their own product
View Quote
What do you think about how sharp it is from the factory?

To me, it doesn't seem super sharp, but I can't tell if that's just because the blade is so thick and the angle may not be that steep.

I was thinking about running mine through the Lansky to see if I could up the sharp factor a bit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What do you think about how sharp it is from the factory?

To me, it doesn't seem super sharp, but I can't tell if that's just because the blade is so thick and the angle may not be that steep.

I was thinking about running mine through the Lansky to see if I could up the sharp factor a bit.
View Quote
funny you mention that, it was my first impression. it's sharp, but not as sharp as i'd imagine it should be and not nearly as sharp as some of their fixed blades that i own
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tops make hilarious knive
View Quote
One could say over the Tops
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top