Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2018 1:48:42 AM EDT
So I just got my new STg77 in today and picked it up this evening.  I broke it down, gave it a good cleaning and installed the bayonet lug on it mainly to make liberals wet their pants over the pokey thing.  However, the manual that comes with it is for the AUG A3 model and mentions nothing about the optics and leaves me with a few questions.

1.  What is the amount of windage and elevation adjustment per click of the turrets?  MAC mentioned that his STg77 was WAY off target so my plan is to pull off the receiver, pull out the bolt carrier group and old school bore sight the optics through the bore at the target.

2.  The windage knob is on the right side of the scope and the elevation is at the 6 o'clock position and can be adjusted with a coin.  However, there is another knob around the 10 o'clock position that I am at a loss of what it's purpose is.  Any ideas?

Thanks for any help on this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Each click should move the point of aim 4cm or 1.58" @ 100 meters.

2) The extra "knob" retains the optic tube in the scope housing .  It is only removed to replace or service the optic tube.

Hope this Helps
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes t does!  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a browser extension that you can add to chrome or Firefox called photobucket fixer or something like that.

You'll be able to view the Photobucket photos from this link. Just add in the extension and it will work like magic.

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=1494.0
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
How hard was it attaching the bayonet mount?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How hard was it attaching the bayonet mount?
View Quote
Remove the flash hider (hardest part) then screw it on to the right position, tighten the screw and put the flash hider back on.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Not too hard.  Remove the flash suppressor by loosening the jam nut then slide the lug on the barrel and tighten it down.  Hardest part was getting the screw started in the nut of the ring.  I had to pry the mount open far enough to get it to slide down the barrel then try to squeeze it closed while starting the screw into a small nut on the other side.  I had to get the girlfriend to help hold the mounting ring closed tight enough while I got the screw started.  Once you're over that hurdle, it's a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not too hard.  Remove the flash suppressor by loosening the jam nut then slide the lug on the barrel and tighten it down.  Hardest part was getting the screw started in the nut of the ring.  I had to pry the mount open far enough to get it to slide down the barrel then try to squeeze it closed while starting the screw into a small nut on the other side.  I had to get the girlfriend to help hold the mounting ring closed tight enough while I got the screw started.  Once you're over that hurdle, it's a piece of cake.
View Quote
or you could have screwed it on, the barrel is threaded on the outside that just happen to match the treading inside the lug.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't like screwing them on as is, some bayonet lugs are so tight that it acts like a die and will noticeably mar the finish.

I've found that using a screwdriver or chisel punch to gently open the gap enough, will allow it to easily rotate around the threads without being too difficult to tighten down.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I experienced the die effect when I installed mine. It took a little black off my old 16" GSI barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top