Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2018 4:14:49 PM EDT
It has a 30MOA rail integrated into the receiver as well as a rear cleaning port.

MODEL NUMBER: 31120 (LINK TO SPEC SHEET) (LINK TO MODEL)

Fully adjustable cheek rest can be repositioned to accommodate varying comb heights and positions to create a custom-adjusted feel that is stable, comfortable and repeatable for optic alignment.
Hard-coat anodized CNC-machined receiver made from heat treated and stress relieved 6061-T6511 aluminum that allows for optimal receiver-to-bolt interaction and a match-grade feel.
Proprietary, enhanced semi-auto chamber proven to increase accuracy and precision while not compromising reliable feeding and extraction.
BX-Trigger™ with a light, crisp 2.5-3 pound trigger pull weight with minimal overtravel and a positive reset.
Dual bedding system incorporates a second bedding lug, ensuring the receiver is securely bedded to the stock.
Heat treated and nitrided match CNC-machined bolt that creates a tight-fitting, smooth action enabling the highest level of performance.
Receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning.
Top barrel locator allows for a free-floating barrel for superior accuracy.
Painted and textured laminated stock provides a sure-feeling, slip-free grip.
Detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.
16-1/8" cold hammer-forged bull barrel is fluted to reduce weight and dissipate heat and is also threaded with a 1/2"-28 pattern to accommodate the included muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.
Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.
Integral, optics-ready 30 MOA Picatinny rail for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
Match bolt release allows you to easily advance the nitrided bolt with a quick pull and release ro the rear.
Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and an unmatched ability to withstand the elements.
Also includes: hard case; Ruger® Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, challenge coin, cleaning cloth and decal.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a nice rifle, MSRP is at $899.  The video on the product page is a good review of all the features, and that bolt sounds very smooth.  I hope the make enough....
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Took em long enough to make the same features that others are already doing.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for Ruger.  Glad to see them moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately they have priced themselves too high.  At that price point you are knocking at a kidd build and I doubt they will compare in accuracy and consistency.  Maybe ruger will surprise me but kidd has made themselves a name.

Unless they teamed up with someone like feddersen to make their barrels. I wish them wel and look forward to range reports
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good for Ruger.  Glad to see them moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately they have priced themselves too high.  At that price point you are knocking at a kidd build and I doubt they will compare in accuracy and consistency.  Maybe ruger will surprise me but kidd has made themselves a name.

Unless they teamed up with someone like feddersen to make their barrels. I wish them wel and look forward to range reports
View Quote
Ruger has always made good 10/22 barrels, it was the chamber that held it back. Rechambered Ruger barrels, especially their spiral hammer forged bull barrel, shoot very well.

This rifle has a redesigned chamber so only time will tell how accurate it will be. The second lug and free floating barrel are both huge pros in its favor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#5]
awesome-looking gun. they're out of their minds with that price. $499 and we'll talk.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Guns Midwest has it instock for $615. At that price it's definitely not a terrible deal for how its built. Still interested in seeing some range reports though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#7]
@ $650 ish price point, it's a lot of gun.  Try to make a similarly featured rifle for less...very very difficult.  Of course, it all comes down to how it shoots.  Any 22 rifle can shoot steel plates with a red dot, that's easy.  Now, try to make it shoot MOA with mid-priced ammo...that is the difficult part.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have a review on one of these yet? I’m very interested.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Just found this thread, taggy for comments.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up one a couple weeks ago. Fit and finish is superb and the stock is most excellent. No accuracy report yet as I've not got a chance to hit the range.

Here's a quick photo:
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked up one a couple weeks ago. Fit and finish is superb and the stock is most excellent. No accuracy report yet as I've not got a chance to hit the range.

Here's a quick photo:
https://i.imgur.com/MtP32Uz.jpg
View Quote
It sure does look nice.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Here's a quick photo:
https://i.imgur.com/MtP32Uz.jpg
View Quote
Color me impressed, that's a good looking gun.  Can't wait to hear how it shoots
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, I'm confused.....So what exactly is it supposed to "compete" against? Other 10-22s, Marlin 60s, Rem. Speedmasters, some kid with a Chipmunk?  Keep in mind that real competition rifles measure their trigger pulls in the ounces.

I suspect any run of the mill bolt action competition rifle from the 1930s on could take it to the woodshed as far as accuracy goes if it's set-up for modern optics. Keep the distance to 50 yards with a decent club shooter behind it and they might out-do it with just irons.

I bet it's more like Ruger's "Precision" rifle.....More fancy name than any real precision to back the name up.  

Both sure look cool though.

I bit on the Ruger "Precision" rifle so call me somewhat jaded. It really does nothing well. Too heavy/awkward to hunt with and ho-hum accuracy off the bench.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Took em long enough to make the same features that others are already doing.
View Quote
kinda this, hope street price is good, as 900 is pretty spendy too.

ETA 600's is still high but doable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top