Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

New Production AOWs? (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2018 1:45:09 PM EDT
With NFA becoming so main stream over the past 10 years and accessible/ easy to buy now with SS, why are we not seeing a influx in new AOW manufactures?

Seems like currently the market is primed and ready for AOWs.

A lot of guys I know all have SBRs SBS or Silencers seems like a cool gadget range toy AOW would be a easy sale with them. They have the stamps on other items and know the process. To me seems like a $5 stamp on a range toy would be a easy transition for them.

This is coming from someone who just bought his first AOW a month ago a 7" Mossberg 500.

Where are the Sub $600 Flashlight guns, Stingers, Cane guns etc....?

I WANT MORE!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I want a threaded flashlight gun. So i can thread on a tiny can like the itty bitty or a pill bottle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree! I do not want a cane/umbrella gun or a 5" shotgun. But you bet your ass if it was a new product from mossberg and came over on a $5 stamp I could click and buy in my underpants through Silencer Shop I would certainly have a bunch.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]
i've always wanted an affordable pen gun, threaded would be nice.  who ever goes to SHOT Show, find us a manufacturer... plz!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:44:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
i've always wanted an affordable pen gun, threaded would be nice.  who ever goes to SHOT Show, find us a manufacturer... plz!
View Quote
Thats my main AOW want.

That and a flashlight gun.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Flashlight gun would have the most practicality to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
An umbrella gun would be the bee’s knees.  But the ultimate AOW in my eyes is the double barrel 12 or 20 gauge.  Side x side or over/under, I don’t care.  I even found a source for new old stock virgin SxS receivers, but the cost on a finished unit would be over $3500 each.  Not marketable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lucky_13:
An umbrella gun would be the bee’s knees.  But the ultimate AOW in my eyes is the double barrel 12 or 20 gauge.  Side x side or over/under, I don’t care.  I even found a source for new old stock virgin SxS receivers, but the cost on a finished unit would be over $3500 each.  Not marketable.
View Quote
Yeah its a shame we can not get virgin receivers from stoger. Seems like I read somewhere they can not be imported for some weird reason. Has to be a shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Not a stripped receiver, but a break action that could be an AOW. What's the point of making an AOW your self though when it costs as much as a SBS?
https://www.charlesdaly.com/p.php?id=529
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 2:00:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drkg] [#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have an American-made 12ga O/U AOW. Kind of a long story about how it even came to be, so I don’t think there’ll be another one. I only bought it because it was probably the only chance I’d ever have. It mostly just sits in the safe being an odd-ball.

Originally Posted By AASG:

Not a stripped receiver, but a break action that could be an AOW. What's the point of making an AOW your self though when it costs as much as a SBS?
https://www.charlesdaly.com/p.php?id=529
The advantage is that an AOW is not subject to all the same transport restrictions as an SBS.  If you never intend to put a shoulder stock on it, AOW is the way to go.

ETA: how do you make the actual image show up instead of just the link?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By drkg:

I have an American-made 12ga O/U AOW. Kind of a long story about how it even came to be, so I don’t think there’ll be another one. I only bought it because it was probably the only chance I’d ever have. It mostly just sits in the safe being an odd-ball.

http://i.imgur.com/8Pc6Um2.jpg

The advantage is that an AOW is not subject to all the same transport restrictions as an SBS.  If you never intend to put a shoulder stock on it, AOW is the way to go.

View Quote
Pretty cool. That’s a snake buster supreme!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
I, too, have a one off 12ga o/u AOW. Like yours, mine involves a long story and will always be a one-of-kind.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Just saw a guy in a FB group gauging interest for an 80% pengun. Its 22LR, but I haven't heard if it's threaded or not. I'll see what the cost will be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Just saw a guy in a FB group gauging interest for an 80% pengun. Its 22LR, but I haven't heard if it's threaded or not. I'll see what the cost will be.
View Quote
Cool. Not of FB.

Can you post pics and or links?
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
Cool. Not of FB.

View All Quotes
Cool. Not of FB.

Here's a cropped screenshot. So far in the group there is 57 comments, pretty much all very positive and people are willing to buy as long as it's ATF approved, easy to finish and not expensive.

Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool, wonder what all has to go into finishing one out?

Kinda stinks that you would have to pay the $200 tax vs the $5 tho.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool, wonder what all has to go into finishing one out?

Kinda stinks that you would have to pay the $200 tax vs the $5 tho.
View Quote
I'm hoping the 80% parts will cost less than $150....so a sub-$400 AOW. Is that possible or a dream?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 5:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#17]
Seen this posted on TFB.

GSL is going to be getting some money from me.

380acp

Link to Video Video of it Firing

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Seen this posted on TFB.

380acp

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/Untitled_jpg-821218.JPG
View Quote
Just followed them on Instagram. Id like to know more about it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Just followed them on Instagram. Id like to know more about it.
View Quote
Wish they made a 22lr.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
I want a threaded flashlight gun. So i can thread on a tiny can like the itty bitty or a pill bottle.
View Quote
There are Maglites out there. The company making them years ago got a cease and desist from Maglite.  They made both pistol caliber and .410's
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Wish they made a 22lr.
View Quote

Tell them to get on it
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Seen this posted on TFB.

380acp

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/Untitled_jpg-821218.JPG
View Quote

Any update on if these are in production yet?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven’t seen anything beside cotton branch firearms making pen guns some of which are internally suppressed. Pretty expensive for what they are.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I want a 12 gauge minishell revolver

Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#25]
This has been then only thing that has peaked my interest.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#26]
A buddy has one of the 80s pen guns

it is really hard not to sweep the room with the muzzle
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Flashlight gun would have the most practicality to me.
View Quote
There are Maglite based ones out in the wild. The company making them got a cease and desist from Maglite but not before quite a few were sold.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Saweeet!
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

I, too, have a one off 12ga o/u AOW. Like yours, mine involves a long story and will always be a one-of-kind.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/242045/20190109_102948_jpg-801558.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/242045/20190109_102948_jpg-801558.JPG

There is one O/U Beretta AOW out there.  It’s another “long story” gun.  I kick myself for not buying it over a decade ago when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag; always had a sort spot for the gadget gun AOW. For now  the only red stamp I have is a super shorty.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:43:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scottMO] [#32]
Just bought my first AOW, red stamp onthe way...

Mossberg 7.5” model 51697Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Back during the assault weapons ban I had an AK pistol with a vertical fore grip,  it was registered as an AOW.
One manufacturers way around the `salt pistol ban!
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By scottMO:
Just bought my first AOW, red stamp onthe way...

Mossberg 7.5” model 51697https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2158/38BEE06D-E3DC-48AA-9326-53180AAA70CD_jpe-2077952.JPG
View Quote

Those are fun.  I have the same one and its just plain fun to have at the range.  Light loads preferred of course : )

They run with an Ops Sol Ver 2 adapter with minis well, but still don't gain much capcity I think 4 rounds totalwith minis - was considering changing the follower to see if that could be upped one more round to 5 total with mini shells.

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#35]
I have one from cotton branch. I got it in titanium with an integrally suppressed barrel as well as regular one and some other customization. Quality is outstanding. Best part is company owner working with you to customize it and not posting those photos on instagram so you can actually have a unique one nobody has seen in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By recompiler:
I have one from cotton branch. I got it in titanium with an integrally suppressed barrel as well as regular one and some other customization. Quality is outstanding. Best part is company owner working with you to customize it and not posting those photos on instagram so you can actually have a unique one nobody has seen in the wild.
View Quote

Do we not get to see it either?
I’m emailing him about a SBS
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By scottMO:Just bought my first AOW, red stamp onthe way...
View Quote

My latest AOW approval actually has a green $200 stamp attached...
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#38]
i would buy some new aows if they made new ones
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:
i would buy some new aows if they made new ones
View Quote

I think it's actually a pretty good unrealized niche market. If someone could get a pile of barreled actions brought in from someone like Stoeger it would be a good base.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

I think it's actually a pretty good unrealized niche market. If someone could get a pile of barreled actions brought in from someone like Stoeger it would be a good base.
View Quote

X2

Some mass produce the air gauge, pen or flashlight guns and have them sub $500 they would sale fast. At least in my mind they would.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#41]

X2

Some mass produce the air gauge, pen or flashlight guns and have them sub $500 they would sale fast. At least in my mind they would.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#42]

X2

View All Quotes

X2

+1
Link Posted: 11/2/2021 4:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BradN] [#43]
Originally Posted By Donut777donut:

+1
View Quote

I made this for a customer out of an Altor pistol.  CF outer tube, aluminum inner and end cap, titanium trigger button and threaded the barrel.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#44]
FWIW, I emailed Mossberg a few weeks ago and they told me the Compact Cruiser AOW wasn't discontinued, they just hadn't done a run of them in a while, but I should keep a lookout. Definitely planning on getting the 7.5" one (and then SBS'ing it, maybe).
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By erwos:
FWIW, I emailed Mossberg a few weeks ago and they told me the Compact Cruiser AOW wasn't discontinued, they just hadn't done a run of them in a while, but I should keep a lookout. Definitely planning on getting the 7.5" one (and then SBS'ing it, maybe).
View Quote

That doesn’t surprise me they probably do tiny runs of them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#46]
On and off, I’ve considered an O/U combo gun.

Only AOW which can have a stock.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I thought the same.  But it’s been tried before.  The ATF blocked the import of the barreled actions from Stoeger (might be mistaken there).  That’s what sent me down the road of finding or making or having made domestic receivers.  But at the cost of manufacture, there is no market.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm hoping the 80% parts will cost less than $150....so a sub-$400 AOW. Is that possible or a dream?
View Quote

Form 1 cost of making is $200.  Cost of buying one a Form 4 is $5.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By sidpost:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sidpost:

150+200=350 which is less than 400 right? That post was from four years ago btw.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
I want a 12 gauge minishell revolver

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3097/988BB06B-6F6D-4C97-9AD3-159151457045-1724002.jpg

View Quote

It'd be stupid and useless, but I'd buy something like that if the price is right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
New Production AOWs? (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top