BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2020 1:05:50 PM EDT
New procedures posted:

Link
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
So your gun shop can ship a gun to you if you have your CWP.
Besides more opportunity for theft, is there a downside?
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So your gun shop can ship a gun to you if you have your CWP.
Besides more opportunity for theft, is there a downside?
View Quote
(have only read the summaries so far)
-1 is nice. I'm not sure how they'll verify permit status, but it's a nice step.
-2 is the downside. It's facilitating the process for those who want to mandate UBC.

Just skimmed the -1. Am I reading it correctly that "original" physical paperwork must be sent back and forth between seller and buyer? I imagine the local CLEOs will be happy to have even more ATF paperwork to roundfile since it looks like they mandate notifications like C&R licenses do. Wait one... have to keep a copy of the CLEO notification delivery receipts with the 4473?  I wonder how much of this can be automated into electronic bound book systems.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
-1 is nice. I'm not sure how they'll verify permit status, but it's a nice step.
View Quote
My state has a portal to do it: https://chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/FrontUser/RequestStatus.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top