Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2022 1:55:01 PM EDT
Midwest released these the other day.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-benm4-hg.htm

I bought one of their site. Free shipping. Googled "midwest industries coupon code" and used one of the codes I found and got 10% off. I ordered on the 13th and got it today.

I put it on and it fits great. Locks in solid. The barrel assembly comes right off with the handguard still installed. If you need to service the gas piston system you would need to remove it but it is on and off in a few minutes. Feels good in my small hands.

I have not handled any other the other rails out there but this one is a winner IMO. Definitely recommend.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one, thanks for the heads up

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the look of this handguard more than the rest.

Staying tuned for info on how it mounts, quality, etc.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Installed and first impression it’s very light, locks up tight, comfortable grip, looks great. Only downside is the bottom 2 brass set screws have to be loosened to remove barrel. I’ll probably use Vibra-Tite VC3 on them being you don’t have to reapply it when loosening and re-tightening.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
This makes me sad that i already spent $200 on the iwc light mount. Expensive gun just keeps getting more expensive.

Looks awesome though. Do want.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only downside is the bottom 2 brass set screws have to be loosened to remove barrel. I’ll probably use Vibra-Tite VC3 on them being you don’t have to reapply it when loosening and re-tightening.
View Quote

I left them out. My rail locks up pretty solid without them. If I grab the rail by hand I cannot move it. If I grab the light in installed on the end I can rattle it a little bit. I do not think there will be any issues.

YMMV
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I left them out. My rail locks up pretty solid without them. If I grab the rail by hand I cannot move it. If I grab the light in installed on the end I can rattle it a little bit. I do not think there will be any issues.

YMMV
View Quote

I thought about leaving them out also and the rail felt solid without them. But i figured with the surefire light and sling mount added it would need that extra lock up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not put a sling on mine yet. I am up in the air as to what I am going to use.

I thought about running a hook style up front with using either one of these down at 6 o'clock so it can be hooked from either side of the gun:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

or run a QD mount at 6 o'clock or just on the side.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#8]
So, by leaving the set screws out (I presume you mean the brass ones only?) is it strippable without any screw removal?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, by leaving the set screws out (I presume you mean the brass ones only?) is it strippable without any screw removal?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

So to clarify, rail is about as stable as the OEM handgaurds, and the barrel assy can be removed from the weapon AND the rail, if the brass set screws are eschewed? Or just the assembly removed from the receiver as a whole, but not separated into barrel/HG, separate?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone know if this will fit a Stoeger M3000?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks good. Now Magpul needs to make one of their butt stocks for the M4.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Magpul needs to make handguards for these.

With the popularity of their other shotgun forearms seems like a no-brainer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top