Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2020 7:23:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great.  That's nice polishing work.  How does the TiN finish react to repeated usage?  Can you clean the carbon off it, or do you just live with the residual?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I absolutely dont need it.  Wow, I do want it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You asked for thoughts.  I like a lot of your stuff but on this one, I'll take a hard pass.  It will be great for the guys who only shoot at the range and spend most of their time there bragging about having the most 'expensivest' and prettiest rifle there with only the most 'in' most tacticool stuff.  You know, the same guys who pay $$$$$ for a Shamrock on their take down and pivot pins.  Too bad I have never met one of those guys that could actually shoot worth a damn.  All show, no go.  Black Nitride is about as Gucci as I can get.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CanNevrHaveEnuffGuns] [#7]
I like the look and if the finish can hold up to hard use, I’d be interested. That price is fair if the carrier lasts a good long time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking BCG and price point is reasonable for those who wants more blings in their ARs.
Link Posted: 12/25/2021 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I would try one if you had a low mass carrier.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
All my ARs are pretty straightforward, no expensive addons, except for one, my "Jack" is like Puff Daddy going down the red carpet.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:49:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
You asked for thoughts.  I like a lot of your stuff but on this one, I'll take a hard pass.  It will be great for the guys who only shoot at the range and spend most of their time there bragging about having the most 'expensivest' and prettiest rifle there with only the most 'in' most tacticool stuff.  You know, the same guys who pay $$$$$ for a Shamrock on their take down and pivot pins.  Too bad I have never met one of those guys that could actually shoot worth a damn.  All show, no go.  Black Nitride is about as Gucci as I can get.
View Quote

i will piggy back off this:

as someone who used to drink Jim Jones' kool aid with respect to BCG coatings, i was surprised to see my brand new knights upper have a phosphate carrier.

the more i shot this upper, the more i realized there is absolutely nothing wrong with a properly applied phosphate coating. i dont notice any sort of difference between this phosphate carrier and other nitrided carriers i have. even shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Is HPT actually beneficial, or does it damage the bolt steel?
Genuinely curious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top