Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2017 11:41:25 PM EDT
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/12/28/new-marlin-lever-guns/

OK guys, I don't know how to hotlink. But I've been waiting for Marlin to do a 357 big loop for a long time and looks like they have finally decided to do it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
$900 street price seems high. I'd be a buyer at $700
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a FFL and they are already listed at several wholesalers, although not in stock. Looks like dealer price is going to be about $800
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#4]
This reminds me of when they announced the 1894SBL and 1894CSBL in 2011 but failed to make them outside of a couple of prototypes.  I would buy the CST but will believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
If they priced them at $500 I'd buy one of each.  At $900 I doubt I'd  buy any of them.  At that price one of the Uberti 1873s seem more attractive.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This reminds me of when they announced the 1894SBL and 1894CSBL in 2011 but failed to make them outside of a couple of prototypes.  I would buy the CST but will believe it when I see it.
https://i.imgur.com/xLHyHYHh.jpg
View Quote
I would buy that CSBL so quick my wallet wouldn't know what happened
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I hope these make it to market...they'll sell a bunch of them if they are half way decent, QC-wise
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 5:05:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Come one Remington/Marlin.  We need some more .41s.

CD
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish Marlin still made decent stuff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Two of my last three Marlin rifles, bought over the last four years, had to go back to the factory.  One would not shoot and the other would not shoot to point of aim.  I'll spend no more money on new Marlin products.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Two of my last three Marlin rifles, bought over the last four years, had to go back to the factory.  One would not shoot and the other would not shoot to point of aim.  I'll spend no more money on new Marlin products.
View Quote
May I ask how they rectified the problems?  I have an 1894 in .44 mag that's giving me fits.  Patterns like a shotgun and I'm running out of fixes I can try myself.  It was made in October 2015.  Really trying to avoid sending it back but I'll do it if it's my last hope.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

May I ask how they rectified the problems?  I have an 1894 in .44 mag that's giving me fits.  Patterns like a shotgun and I'm running out of fixes I can try myself.  It was made in October 2015.  Really trying to avoid sending it back but I'll do it if it's my last hope.
View Quote
I remember you having trouble with that one. If pulling the magazine tube and shooting single-shot, and playing with ammunition both don't help, I think it may be time to send it back.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish Marlin still made decent stuff.
View Quote
Considering the condition of the new 1895GSBL and 336 BL I've bought in the last 3 years they still do. Both are perfectly fine.

I'm in for one of the new 1894 SBLs.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I remember you having trouble with that one. If pulling the magazine tube and shooting single-shot, and playing with ammunition both don't help, I think it may be time to send it back.
View Quote
Yeah that's my plan.  Between the holidays and work I've been having a hard time getting to the range.  I've pretty much exhausted the ammo being the issue though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bronson,
The first one to go back, my 1894 in 44 Mag, would jam/bind up.  Marlin replaced the trigger components (paid for shipping both ways).  That rifle shoots fine now.

The second rifle was a M336Y w/ the laminate stock.  It shot high, regardless of the rear sight setting (like over 12" high at 100 yards).  Marlin replaced that rifle, again paid for shipping. The replacement rifle came with standard wood stocks.  Marlin told me they did not have the laminate stocks.....which was the main reason I picked the rifle up to begin with.

BLAB: Marlin repaired both rifles and paid for shipping on both rifles.  Both rifles work fine now, but neither were not worth the initial frustration of making them work correctly.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:03:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I seriously want one of those 1895GS Trapper SS rifles. Have a 336Y built in Dec.15 that's really well made and love how short it is.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For $700, I'd buy.  But if they're priced at $900, I'll just save some cash and get a Rossi in .357 mag.
View Quote
PRetty much
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll gladly pay $900 for a American gun made in America, looks like they are back in the game on a QC and new model perspective.

Sorry but i'm not buying a American gun made in Brazil by Taurus cousins, just dosent seem right.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Honestly, the price is just too high on these.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Apparently I'm the only person on the planet that hates big lever loops. I actively seek lever guns without them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Apparently I'm the only person on the planet that hates big lever loops. I actively seek lever guns without them.
View Quote
You're not the only one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You're not the only one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're not the only one.
This. Plus one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#24]
So... are they going to actually make these, or not?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So... are they going to actually make these, or not?
View Quote
Well Marlin went to the effort to put them in the 2018 catalog.

When they'll hit the streets is another question.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:50:36 PM EDT
[#26]
$788 MSRP

Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks.  I don't know if i should hold my breath or not.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I love how everyone says “Buy American”, then wants to buy an import because it’s $200 more expensive.

Pay the money for a good quality gun (they are getting better) and keep the money here.  Otherwise we are all gonna end up with AKs as China will run us.

Rant over...
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Rossi 92s are based on the Winchester action.  It's my preference.

(Unless the Marlin action is stronger.  Is it?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love how everyone says “Buy American”, then wants to buy an import because it’s $200 more expensive.

Pay the money for a good quality gun (they are getting better) and keep the money here.  Otherwise we are all gonna end up with AKs as China will run us.

Rant over...
Rossi 92s are based on the Winchester action.  It's my preference.

(Unless the Marlin action is stronger.  Is it?)
And Winchester has its current Model 92 models made in Japan.

The Marlin action maybe slightly stronger due to solid upper receiver but in pistol calibers its a wash between the two.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Believe the 92 action is stronger as they have been chambered for the .454 Casull ctg where the Marlin 94 hasn't had any cartridge stronger then .44 Mag.

CD
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll be getting a 1894 CSBL once $$$ is available and getting it threaded.  Yeah, I know they'll have the CST, but I specifically want the pepper laminate and the XS rail, so it'll be cheaper this way.  Disassembling and tuning will be a project for the winter since we all know it'll have burrs and garbage in it.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just saw a report that the CSBL and SBL might be available in April/May.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I wonder if the Remington bankruptcy is going to affect these, or not?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wonder if the Remington bankruptcy is going to affect these, or not?
View Quote
With all the guns being sold, even scads of lever action rifles, how on earth does a firearms company go out of business at this time?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Bankruptcy does not equal going out of business.

Look at Colt for an example.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Bankruptcy does not equal going out of business.

Look at Colt for an example.
View Quote
I don't know if that is a great example, the Colt retro line of rifles for instance; much fanfare and they made like 5 total

Seriously, I hear what you are saying and hope you are correct.  I need a 357 lever gun in a bad way.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Makes me happy that mine all have the JM on them. 
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:07:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

With all the guns being sold, even scads of lever action rifles, how on earth does a firearms company go out of business at this time?
View Quote
When an investor group buys an asset and has a track record of coming in selling off all they can, borrowing money and then plan to dump it when it tanks

That is how.  They’re leeches.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I went to the LGS the other day.  I looked at a Marlin.  The action was smooth.  The wood to metal fitting was good.  The bluing was very nice.

Despite all the bad press they have recently gotten, had it been chambered in in 357 Magnum, I would have purchased it.

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#42]
No.

The new ones are very nice like i've been saying.

The internet can literally ruin a company from all the lazy people regurgitating what they have "heard" instead of actualy going into a shop and seeing for themselves... It's sad but true.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Any word on when they will be released to distributors? I'm still waiting for the threaded 357 model to be released.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really? I was recently looking at these and really wanted one. Explains why I couldn't find any in stock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any word on when they will be released to distributors? I'm still waiting for the threaded 357 model to be released.
View Quote
Look 10 posts previous to yours.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You're not the only one.
View Quote
Nor are you.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#47]
I don't understand the only models being offered are guns with extra options at a higher price. I don't want the big lever, stainless steel or xs sights. Need a blued polymer 16" .357 1894 at a lower price. The threaded barrel may be useful to me but only for a flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s for the SBL/CSBL. I want the CST
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen anything that the CST is coming out ahead of the SBL/CSBLs.

One will have to wait and see on exactly when any of these new models will appear.  All these models were just announced last month at SHOT, orders from distributors likely have been placed, and when production will start filling those orders is a waiting game.

Watch GB since new stuff starts showing up there.

If the SBL/CSBLs "do" start showing up hope that the CST is available with them or shortly after.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Any more word on these?  Has anyone seen any in the wild, or at least showing up at distributors yet?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top