Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2018 6:32:00 PM EDT
Just found out that there is going to be a new release. Anyone have details?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s great news I can buy someone’s old model MAWL for $1000 so they can upgrade the the newest and coolest model :)
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I will trade a full power peq2 for someones old mawl c, feel free to im me
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That’s great news I can buy someone’s old model MAWL for $1000 so they can upgrade the the newest and coolest model :)
View Quote
I have a feeling that no one is going to be dumping MAWL's for a grand, but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
According to TNVC it is just the model with the tool less tail cap. I guess not much has changed, but it is around 20 days difference between the two as far as availability(for my order anyway).
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to TNVC it is just the model with the tool less tail cap. I guess not much has changed, but it is around 20 days difference between the two as far as availability(for my order anyway).
View Quote
Whats the tool less tail cap? Not sure what youre saying. And i never put my hands on or seen a mawl
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Whats the tool less tail cap? Not sure what youre saying. And i never put my hands on or seen a mawl
View Quote
The original tail unit requires you to use a screwdriver or similar bladed tool to access the battery. The new ec2 tail unit adds a tethered cap to access the battery without any tools.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
@tnvc_sam is this new mawl the laser that was being talked about in this thread?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/PVS-14-on-the-way-Steiner-OTAL-C-IR-/18-492427/&page=1&anc=5008934#i5008934
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 9:45:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Edited post
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Was just refering to the new and cheaper laser option that was being talked about
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Correct the "new" MAWL is the new EC2 tail cap. Tool-less battery swaps, and it fixes the "zero shift" that can occur with the EC1 tailcap.

I'll point out the zero shift is only 1/4 of 1.7 MOA so maybe 1/3 of an inch at 100 meters, and I have successfully swapped out a battery with the rim of a 5.56 round in the field several times so to me the EC2 is not a must have, but more of a nice to have.

As long as you use index marks with a paint pen and tighten down the battery cap to the same spot zero shift is eliminated but this must be done to prevent that.

Any further questions please ask away. Im a bit of a MAWL  connoisseur and own a few, both DA's and C1+'s.
View Quote
Is the new tailcap available separately as an "upgrade"?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Correct the "new" MAWL is the new EC2 tail cap. Tool-less battery swaps, and it fixes the "zero shift" that can occur with the EC1 tailcap.

I'll point out the zero shift is only 1/4 of 1.7 MOA so maybe 1/3 of an inch at 100 meters, and I have successfully swapped out a battery with the rim of a 5.56 round in the field several times so to me the EC2 is not a must have, but more of a nice to have.

As long as you use index marks with a paint pen and tighten down the battery cap to the same spot zero shift is eliminated but this must be done to prevent that.

Any further questions please ask away. Im a bit of a MAWL  connoisseur and own a few, both DA's and C1+'s.
View Quote
I understand the "newness" now, and I am going with the tool less for peace of mind, should be pretty awesome. Plus I might as well go for the upgraded cap now, it is pretty expensive after the fact.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think Mod Armory sells them for $460
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

there was no new mini MAWL being talked about, that was just something somebody blurted out.

BE Meyers doesnt do cheap, they do quality and performance and reliability. that doesnt come cheap but if you carry a gun for a living and work at night for the country and or community its worth it.
View Quote
I do have one question, how far out does the ec2 tail cap put the remote switch connector. It looks like the "new" tail cap is not as compact as the original if you intend to use Taps with it. Would you have any pictures?

I am assuming you do not get the old tailcap if you upgrade to the new one.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:37:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Annnnd i'm out.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#20]
This was new as of about a month or two ago, other than the mawl-x1 I haven't seen or heard anything different.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This was new as of about a month or two ago, other than the mawl-x1 I haven't seen or heard anything different.
View Quote
I knew about the tailcap, but didn't know they were calling it the "new" MAWL which I am not sure I would be calling it new just based on that change alone. Real question is what is Mil going to end up with.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

the Mil is getting the NGAL not the MAWL
View Quote
First time I have heard of one, they look pretty bad ass. Interesting how they have the focus knob at the back this time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

First time I have heard of one, they look pretty bad ass. Interesting how they have the focus knob at the back this time.
View Quote
The knob is more convenient for sure, but it's still slow to adjust the beam width, especially compared to a mawl where you can slide the selector in mere moments. I have used the ngal side by side with a mawl c1+ and while the high output is certainly brighter on the ngal since it's full power, the c1+ is still pretty darn good. The mawl definitely wins on ergonomics, as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
This, i was out with mine on Sat night shooting a 12x12 plate at 250meters.  Shoot 5 remove tail cap and battery, put back on shoot 5 rounds.  Did this 5 iterations and it went clang almost every time.  I think i missed the plate 3 times.  It's a non issue for my unit.

The beam divergence at the 250m was about 6-7" diameter i estimate on the plate.  Nice hits centered on the 12x12 plates though.

The night prior got 2 nice hogs with the mawl as it was drizzling and the thermal pic was ok but it was an excuse to switch to the mawl.  Shots were stalking to within about 75-80 meters

Here are some pics of the pigs

Thermal was a Pulsar mq50 and NODS were my new PVS15s in WP.  They augment my TNVC WP sentinels that already have 250 hrs or so on em after only 4 months.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#26]
^you're my hero
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:28:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Great pics Bull
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:27:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Had I paid $2500 for the latest cool kid gear only to find it needs a screwdriver to change the battery and needs a zero check afterward, I'd be pissed. Then to make matters worse, this expensive new toy would shortly be known as "the old MAWL" would be the icing on the aggravation cake. Will B.E. Myers be able to charge an extra grand for the new version? I sure hope so. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:00:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#31]
My body is ready. Now to wait one more month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top