Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2021 9:21:16 AM EDT
New Mac owner here and really wanting to make this thing a little easier to handle. Looking for a new upper in 45 or 9mm and a stock solution. I have added the Lage grip which is fantastic for what they had to work with but the thin wire stock leaves a lot to be desired. So far I have found adapters and stocks from Lage and U.S. Machine guns is there anywhere else I should look? Really thinking of doing a Jmac customs 1913 stock on a 1913 adapter but just unsure, maybe you guys with adapters can post some pics to help me decide. Obligatory pic of mine is below!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Step 1: Got to Lage.com max-11.com
Step 2: Fill up cart like a kid in a candy shop
Step 3: Turn your 1970s cocaine dealer gun into a lean mean modern submachine gun.

I think the only part on my M11 that is stock is the lower.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Step 1: Got to Lage.com
Step 3: Turn your 1970s cocaine dealer gun into a lean mean modern submachine gun.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102065/IMG_0014-341258.JPG
View Quote

Is that the SK?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is that the SK?
View Quote

No its the original MAX-11k Upper Receiver #509. I bought it used from someone here in EE, I think they were upgrading to either the model without the fixed vertical grip (MAX-11k Mod 1 Upper Receiver #526) or the SK version (MAX-11Sk Upper Receiver #527/528).  I went with the original as I got a good deal on it, also i didnt want to have to buy the separate Tungsten Slow Fire Bolt (CF-W). The new SK has the non-reciprocating charging handle which is pretty cool. If I had to do it all over again i would probably go that route but I was pretty tapped out on $ at the time plus its just a range toy, hence the reason Im still rocking a cheapo holosun T1 clone, only $100 and it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Step 1: Got to Lage.com max-11.com

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102065/IMG_0014-341258.JPG
View Quote

Sadly all the good stuff is on back order
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No its the original MAX-11k Upper Receiver #509. I bought it used from someone here in EE, I think they were upgrading to either the model without the fixed vertical grip (MAX-11k Mod 1 Upper Receiver #526) or the SK version (MAX-11Sk Upper Receiver #527/528).  I went with the original as I got a good deal on it, also i didnt want to have to buy the separate Tungsten Slow Fire Bolt (CF-W). The new SK has the non-reciprocating charging handle which is pretty cool. If I had to do it all over again i would probably go that route but I was pretty tapped out on $ at the time plus its just a range toy, hence the reason Im still rocking a cheapo holosun T1 clone, only $100 and it gets the job done.
View Quote

Hell, I don't even remember what model I have. I'm thinking about adding an SK to use with the OEM bolt.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

What grip is that?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What grip is that?
View Quote

Uzi magwell conversion....to use 9mm Uzi mags.

I would normally say Lage, but I think they've been out of stock. I know some parts have a wait list (trying to get a replacement handguard for MAX-10 #6) and sounds like it might be a long wait. I use a standard MAC to AR adapter, with an M4 style stock. Not the sexiest, but it works.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#9]
don't forget 556 upper
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Lage grip installed
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Like most I'm also falling for Lage gear. That stuff is awesome!

I am stuck with an AR stock while I run my OE upper as it uses a TASK style setup. Otherwise I'd run a canted side folder Lage stock.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 for Lage K folder in 9mm form. With a MAX-11/15 setup I prefer the regular folders.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Revised as my orig answer was for the Mac 11.  Fir the Mac 10, Norse-forge.com sells an ACR stock adapter.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
New Mac owner here and really wanting to make this thing a little easier to handle. Looking for a new upper in 45 or 9mm and a stock solution. I have added the Lage grip which is fantastic for what they had to work with but the thin wire stock leaves a lot to be desired. So far I have found adapters and stocks from Lage and U.S. Machine guns is there anywhere else I should look? Really thinking of doing a Jmac customs 1913 stock on a 1913 adapter but just unsure, maybe you guys with adapters can post some pics to help me decide. Obligatory pic of mine is below!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/347041/E3F92E7D-6CB1-4E89-94E0-17DB404D93D8_jpe-1807422.JPG
View Quote

So you have a M10 RR with the original notched front of the receiver. I am guessing a Powder Springs MAC or early RPB double stamp?  Have the front reinforcement tabs been added?  Which caliber (9mm or  .45) do you plan to shoot mostly? I have been lucky enough to own two M10/9s, both have the Uzi magwell conversion. I also have a RPB M10/45. I really like the Uzi magwell conversion for 9mm. I had thought of an Uzi  .45 mags, but I never got around to it before buying the M10/45. The first M10/9 came with the side folder. I had it converted to the TASK conversion for the S.A.B.R.E. I also had several bolts converted to the TASK system at the same time.

The original design MPL 9mm mags are well over $100 each. There are some knockoff mags made by FTF, but they are hit or miss from several owners. So for the M10/9, I think that the Uzi magwell conversion is the way to go. If you prefer  .45, Grease Gun mags are easy enough to find. I have the Lage Max-10 in .45. It runs well but is big. Maybe some day there will be a M10 tungsten bolt. Go to some shoots and bring quality brass cased ammo. Most owners don't usually mind letting others try their guns, especially when they don't have to pay for the ammo to let them. Congratulations on the transfer of the M10.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So you have a M10 RR with the original notched front of the receiver. I am guessing a Powder Springs MAC or early RPB double stamp?  Have the front reinforcement tabs been added?  Which caliber (9mm or  .45) do you plan to shoot mostly? I have been lucky enough to own two M10/9s, both have the Uzi magwell conversion. I also have a RPB M10/45. I really like the Uzi magwell conversion for 9mm. I had thought of an Uzi  .45 mags, but I never got around to it before buying the M10/45. The first M10/9 came with the side folder. I had it converted to the TASK conversion for the S.A.B.R.E. I also had several bolts converted to the TASK system at the same time.

The original design MPL 9mm mags are well over $100 each. There are some knockoff mags made by FTF, but they are hit or miss from several owners. So for the M10/9, I think that the Uzi magwell conversion is the way to go. If you prefer  .45, Grease Gun mags are easy enough to find. I have the Lage Max-10 in .45. It runs well but is big. Maybe some day there will be a M10 tungsten bolt. Go to some shoots and bring quality brass cased ammo. Most owners don't usually mind letting others try their guns, especially when they don't have to pay for the ammo to let them. Congratulations on the transfer of the M10.

Scott
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/347041/E3F92E7D-6CB1-4E89-94E0-17DB404D93D8_jpe-1807422.JPG

Scott

It’s a Powder Springs M10 in .45, I am unsure of the reinforcement tabs you are talking about but I am guessing it has not been done since it seems to be a mostly stock MAC. I plan on shooting .45 at the moment but want an Ultimac upper once they are available.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a PS M10/45 too. Look at where your cross pin goes through to hold the upper on. If it's thicker than the surrounding area you have the reinforced tabs. Mine does not. Mine measures 1.485 inches between the cross pin holes in the lower. Lage uppers are built to later spec for reinforced tabs and are roughly 1.380 inches wide at that same location.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#17]
As previously posted the reinforcement tabs are to reinforce the front hole in the receiver that holds the upper onto the lower. The reinforcement tabs are square with one corner cut at 45 degrees. They are TIG welded across the top and down the 45 on the inside of the lower receiver.

As you can see there are many options for stocks. Personally I think starting an AR stock adapter and a collapsible stock will give you a solid stock to start with. Do you want a long or short length of pull? Personally I like a short LOP so that the weight and energy of the gun firing is closer to my body so I have more leverage to control it. In  .45 caliber with the factory upper there is a lot of energy released during a mag dump. A good stock and shooting position can control that energy much better than a 3/4 "chicken wing" positions with a flimsy stock. Depending on wear, I have heard several owners talk about the original wire stock collapsing during firing. I was lucky, my first M10 came as a package deal with an aftermarket upper and AR stock. I don't know as I have ever used the original wire stock ever. Again congratulations on the transfer. Just because someone else thinks a configuration and/or stock combination is "the best" doesn't mean that it will be the best for you. Buy used at a good price. If you like it, keep it. If you don't, sell it for what you paid for it.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Which stock is this?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#21]
M10 with Uzi Magwell conversion and Practical Solutions stock:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

M10/45 with Lage Upper and Lage Folding Stock:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

M10/45 with Lage MAX-10/31 upper and Lage folding stock:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#22]
OP Look at some of the offerings that ACE stock makes with a folding mechanism "purchased from any vendor"

you can get them in a variety of sizes and styles

I just happen to Like foam foam cheek piece with a big fat piece of rubber against my shoulder it doesn't look the absolute most tactical but it is a pleasure to shoot
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
OP Look at some of the offerings that ACE stock makes with a folding mechanism "purchased from any vendor"

you can get them in a variety of sizes and styles

I just happen to Like foam foam cheek piece with a big fat piece of rubber against my shoulder it doesn't look the absolute most tactical but it is a pleasure to shoot
View Quote

I bought the Lage Ace adapter last night. I plan on either using a triangle folder from US Machine gun or an ACE AR buffer tube folder. Undecided at the moment on which would be best.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a friend make an adapter to adapt an Uzi stock to my Mac. It was the best of the few I tried and locked up solid opened and closed
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Ended up with a Lage adapter, double star hinge and manticore Arms triangle folder. Now I just need a Lage upper!
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had a friend make an adapter to adapt an Uzi stock to my Mac. It was the best of the few I tried and locked up solid opened and closed
View Quote

Which Uzi stock?  Fixed or metal folding?

A wood Uzi stock might look and feel good - I'm getting an M10 in 45 A few retro-ish stock options like an UZI wood tock might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Which Uzi stock?  Fixed or metal folding?

A wood Uzi stock might look and feel good - I'm getting an M10 in 45 A few retro-ish stock options like an UZI wood tock might be worth a try.
View Quote
Folding stock. It was just right for a Mac11.  I have somewhere running around in a parts box an original wood Mac stock. It looks like a HS wood shop project.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top