Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2018 10:05:05 PM EDT
Sold lots of stuff to make the jump to .50

Should have it here next week.

The package has a 3x10x42 Nightforce scope mounted.
I have read they are sighted in at the factory.
Is this scope one I should keep, or should I go to a Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10x40?
I'm assuming the scopes are close, so leaving the NF on is probably best.

What kind of accuracy can I expect. I've heard they are not super accurate...?

Getting excited...??
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never understood the reasoning behind mounting a 10x scope on a .50 BMG rifle.  Considering how far they can shoot, 10x seem woefully inadequate.  I have a 36x on mine and I wouldn't mind more magnification that that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
10x, as the rifle is categorized as an anti material rifle and a fixed pwr scope has less moving parts to break under the 50 cals recoil.
You also don't need a high power scope when blasting at cars and other Material sized objects, especially when the material may be moving.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations.  My friend just got the Leupold version.  Can't wait for a report
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't shot it yet.
Sure looks good on the coffee table though. ??

Traded for a 5.5x22x56 Nightforce NXS. But in the end decided to leave the more compact 10x NF on it,
And sell the big scope. I know, my friends think it's blasphemy!

Looking for the best place to go shoot it.

Looks like Rockcastle is nice but over 100 miles away...
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the price on that package now days?  Anyone got a sale going on ?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Nashville Gun Shop has the M82A1 with NF scope and Pelican case for $8k delivered.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I just picked mine up tonight at rural king in Florida for $7300 out the door with the nighforce and pelican. Opened a store credit card to get 7% off.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just picked mine up tonight at rural king in Florida for $7300 out the door with the nighforce and pelican. Opened a store credit card to get 7% off.
View Quote
That's a nice buy!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10x, as the rifle is categorized as an anti material rifle and a fixed pwr scope has less moving parts to break under the 50 cals recoil.
You also don't need a high power scope when blasting at cars and other Material sized objects, especially when the material may be moving.
View Quote
Materiel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have this package, first thing I did was sell the scope that came with it.

I replaced it with a NXS 2.5-10X42.  I wanted elevation and windage knobs that were actually user friendly and had a good zero stop.

A 10 power optic is fine for this rifle, I can get easy hits at 1,000yds with it.  Problem is accuracy starts to fall off beyond that (I don't reload 50BMG) and you're not gaining anything with more zoom.  Lowlight at SnipersHide doesn't go any higher than 18x zoom on targets all the way out to 2,000yds.  The more you zoom, the smaller the FOV and clarity gets worse.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top