Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2022 12:44:18 AM EDT
Just wanted to share. It’s now by far my favorite rifle. While it’s extremely accurate shooting 147 gr Hornady TAP, that’s not the point. It’s extremely handy, and on 1x, the red triangle Accupoint is as quick as a red dot.

Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:53:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What did you have to do to get the threading sorted out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I had to get a 1/2x20 to 5/8x24 adapter. I really don’t understand why they thread them that way. But the barrel is too thin for a 9/16 or 5/8 thread. Maybe the thinking is that if they thread 1/2x28 someone will put a wrong caliber can on it?

For both the adapter and the brake I used a little torque and a decent amount of red loctite.

Edit: here’s a link to the Hughes Precision adapter:

https://hughesprecision.com/product/1-2-20-tpi-female-to-5-8-24-tpi-male-thread-converter-blued-steel-cz-sku126/
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, thats hot!

Nicely done OP
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had to get a 1/2x20 to 5/8x24 adapter. I really don’t understand why they thread them that way. But the barrel is too thin for a 9/16 or 5/8 thread. Maybe the thinking is that if they thread 1/2x28 someone will put a wrong caliber can on it?

For both the adapter and the brake I used a little torque and a decent amount of red loctite.

Edit: here’s a link to the Hughes Precision adapter:

https://hughesprecision.com/product/1-2-20-tpi-female-to-5-8-24-tpi-male-thread-converter-blued-steel-cz-sku126/
View Quote

Same thread adapter I got for my 308.  

With my can on it its...still pretty fucking loud
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s the weight as pictured? How does it do in terms of accuracy with a cold bore?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What’s the weight as pictured? How does it do in terms of accuracy with a cold bore?
View Quote

Accuracy seems fine but I haven’t focused on group shooting. It’s more than accurate enough for my hunting purposes.

Not sure on weight. But here are the stats:

(1) Rifle: 6.6 lbs
(2) Trijicon TR25: 19.2 oz
(3) Warne 30mm high QD rings: 6.9 oz
(4) TBAC brake: 2.05 oz
(5) Thread adapter: ~ 0.5 oz??
(6) TBAC Ultra-5: 6.0 oz
(7) Sling: ~ 4 oz??

Edit: I finally grouped it. I was shooting hastily through suppressor mirage, but at 50 yards, I put 5 rounds of 147 gr. TAP into less than half an inch. Four of the rounds went into two holes of two. I’d say it’s an accurate rifle. Probably more accurate than my Bergara HMR.

I didn’t get the barrel hot, but it was warm, and I shot the 5 round group in about 20 seconds. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Accuracy seems fine but I haven’t focused on group shooting. It’s more than accurate enough for my hunting purposes.

Not sure on weight. But here are the stats:

(1) Rifle: 6.6 lbs
(2) Trijicon TR25: 19.2 oz
(3) Warne 30mm high QD rings: 6.9 oz
(4) TBAC brake: 2.05 oz
(5) Thread adapter: ~ 0.5 oz??
(6) TBAC Ultra-5: 6.0 oz
(7) Sling: ~ 4 oz??

Edit: I finally grouped it. I was shooting hastily through suppressor mirage, but at 50 yards, I put 5 rounds of 147 gr. TAP into less than half an inch. Four of the rounds went into two holes of two. I’d say it’s an accurate rifle. Probably more accurate than my Bergara HMR.

I didn’t get the barrel hot, but it was warm, and I shot the 5 round group in about 20 seconds. YMMV.
View Quote

So looks like you might be around 9.01 lbs without mags or ammo? Have you tested the lone rifles advertised weight? A scout enthusiast on youtube has claimed that the "new" Steyr Scout w/threaded barrel is a tad heavier and is actually 7+ lbs with 2 empty mags. Still not bad for having such a heavy scope on it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top