Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2018 11:06:29 AM EDT
Saw the new product video this morning, and they're bringing out a load for the .348 Win!  200gr Flex Tip load @ 2560fps.  I'm looking forward to it, since I can't find any Winchester ammo and when I do, I don't feel like selling my first born to get a box.

Pretty excited that they're doing this.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s awesome that they are supporting it, even with a limited run. Was it ever chambered in anything but the Model 71?

Maybe they’ll do runs of other obsolete rounds, the .351 and .401 Winchester come to mind.

ETA I worded that poorly, I know they’ve done other obsolete rounds like the .405 Winchester in the past.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was unique to the 71.

They did a good job IMHO to offer the .300 Savage in *edit* SUPERFORMANCE *edit*, too.  I love when they support some of the older, more obscure cartridges.

Edited to reflect product lineup
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it was unique to the 71.

They did a good job IMHO to offer the .300 Savage in Leverevolution, too.  I love when they support some of the older, more obscure cartridges.
View Quote
Whats the point?  I thought the purpose of Leverevolution was a spitzer type bullet in a tube fed magazine

300Savage has never had a tube mag.

Shit might as well do 308 and 30-40 Krag while they're at it
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#4]
My mistake--the 300 Savage is not in the Leverevolution line, but rather, the Superformance line.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My mistake--the 300 Savage is not in the Leverevolution line, but rather, the Superformance line.
View Quote
Its ok.  Im not up on what's hip or with it
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw the new product video this morning, and they're bringing out a load for the .348 Win!  200gr Flex Tip load @ 2560fps.  I'm looking forward to it, since I can't find any Winchester ammo and when I do, I don't feel like selling my first born to get a box.

Pretty excited that they're doing this.
View Quote
Great to hear Hornady supports this round.  Despite it being 99.99 percent limited to the WONDERFUL Model 71, it IS a fantastic cartridge and one incredible lever gun.

I run a Pedersoli 86/71 so that I could get the best of both worlds.....but is was the original M71 in .348 that actually turned me on to lever guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top