Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2019 2:29:08 PM EDT
Just got an email, nice looking rifle.

Attachment Attached File

Henry website;

We’ve developed the Henry Long Ranger to stretch the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibers at longer distances.

The Long Ranger retains traditional lever action operation with an exposed hammer and forged steel lever but updates it with a geared action. A machined and chromed steel bolt with a 6-lug rotary head is driven into a rear extension of the barrel for a strong and consistent lock-up from shot to shot to shot.

With side ejection and a lightweight aerospace alloy receiver, the top is drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and the bottom features a steel-bodied flush-fit detachable magazine (5-round capacity in .223, 4-round in .243,.308, and 6.5 Creedmoor) with a steel floorplate and a blackened steel release button on the right side of the receiver.

All behind a 20” (or 22" for the 6.5 Creedmoor) round and blued free-floated sporter barrel, and supported by a two-piece oil-finished American Walnut stock with precise laser-cut checkering, sling swivel studs, and a solid black rubber recoil pad for both recoil control and non-slip anchoring on the shoulder for the rapid follow-up shots where lever actions excel.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it just me that'd like to see the action long enough for some nostalgic performers of another era like the 6.5x55 or 7x57?  
Heck it might be long enough, factory Federal 7x57 175 gr RNSP will load up fine in a Steyr Scout magazine.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to see a threaded barrel. If it had one I would buy it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would like to see a threaded barrel. If it had one I would buy it.
View Quote
You can always have it threaded
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]
So it's a magazine fed Henry? Have they ever done that before?

I have wanted a Henry Golden Boy for sooooo long, but I just can't bring myself to buy a tube fed lever action .

A box fed is... Interesting, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just sent them a request on their barrel profile with dimensions. There must be enough metal to allow a 5/8" x 24 thread to be cut. I would take it back to 18.5", crowned and threaded. That would work well for my next PA Deer rifle with my new OSS HX-QD 762 Ti currently in ATF Prison.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Not too highjack the thread, but In addition to the 6.5 Creedmoor I'd like to see the new Long Ranger in Win. 350 Legend.  That would make a great deer gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Henry did get back to me and told me that there was enough meat on the barrel to have it threaded for 5/8" x 24.

I watched a lot of review videos on youtube and I did not like the way the Henry performed. It seems like every shooter had issues cocking the lever and empty shells did not eject out of the rifle.

I ruled out buying one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#8]
If I was going to drop a 1k on a precision 6.5 it darn sure wouldn't be a Henry lever.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Those seem like neat rifles. I'd kinda like one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top