Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2018 8:38:51 PM EDT
Anyone gotten or built theirs yet?
Anyone notice that mags seem a little loose in it? I've tried POF curved and HK straight mags and they don't seem to lock up very tight. Still waitibg on my side charger upper so haven't had a chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same issue. Mag is a little sloppy but I have not shot it yet to see if it is going to be an issue
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same issue. Mag is a little sloppy but I have not shot it yet to see if it is going to be an issue
View Quote
I wonder what kind of mod would be necessary to hold the mag tighter? Maybe add material to the mag release pad?
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Pics of build would be great, thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Update on my build. Even though the mags were a bit sloppy fitting in the receiver, it fed and functioned just fine
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Update on my build. Even though the mags were a bit sloppy fitting in the receiver, it fed and functioned just fine
View Quote
Glad its workin.. Got any pics?
I wonder if some extra coating in the magwell would tighten up the fit
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Decided to tag this lower with one of my form 1 SBR tax stamps.

Haven't started milling the 80% billet yet, or received my barrel so this is just a mock up..

7" handguard
Side charging NFA C5 upper
80% C5 lower
Maxim buttstock
Magpul grip
A3 tactical modular foregrip with "grenade" grip
HK diopter sights

Will be putting a first gen Echo in it.

I have a CMMG Guard barrel/bolt (8") on order. I may have it cut and rethreaded. Maybe 4.25" not surr yet, but that length with a 6" can would be mighty handy.

If I cant get the Guard to run with the MP5 mags I will go a different route.

Anyways heres some pics

POF curved mag Attachment Attached File

HK straight mag
Attachment Attached File

Mags fit a little loose - NFA said they should fit snug once the coating is applied. Heres hoping.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
does the rear sight work better backwards?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks great!  Love the curved mag look.  Hope they consider an EVO mag version.  Prices of EVO mags is much less expensive and MP5.

Love the MP5 but everything for it is just so expensive.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
does the rear sight work better backwards?
View Quote
IDK I haven't tried it.. Ill let you know once I put some takedown pins in and can shoulder it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
What upper is that?
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 1:36:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What upper is that?
View Quote
NFA C5 Side charger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top