Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2019 5:57:35 PM EDT
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/01/17/cci-ammunition-to-launch-five-new-rimfire-loads-at-the-2019-shot-show/

"New Quiet-22 Semi-Auto drastically reduces the volume of standard 22 LR rounds, while cycling flawlessly through semi-automatic rifles and handguns. The accurate, low-velocity loads provide the sensation of shooting through a suppressor—without the suppressor—and are perfect for new shooters."

Should be nice, if it cycles stuff.

"New Clean-22 uses an exclusive polymer bullet coating to greatly reduce copper and lead fouling in the barrel—without leaving a residue. It also cuts lead buildup in suppressors 60 to 80 percent. Both the Sub-Sonic and High Velocity loads feature a 40-grain round nose lead bullet with geometry that’s been optimized for accuracy. With dependable CCI priming and consistent propellant, Clean-22 provides flawless cycling through semi-automatics and all 22 LR firearms."

Less lead, less cleanup!
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would definitely buy some of the cycling Quiet to try.

Thanks for posting.

Been considering a Firefly Bolt build.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting- I've got a box of Remington Golden bullets that I chronied at subsonic speeds out of a Buckmark bull barrel
about mid 8's to high 8's
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My charger cycles quiets 80% of the time. All it took was polishing the crap out of the receiver and bolt, and a light volquartsen charging handle spring that I cut a couple of coils off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting on the claim of cleaner burning rimfire.  I'll have to try some and see if the hype is legit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting on the claim of cleaner burning rimfire.  I'll have to try some and see if the hype is legit.
View Quote
Sounds like powdercoated lead bullets, which have worked well for larger calibers.

I'm definitely interested in trying the Clean-22 Standard Velocity.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like powdercoated lead bullets, which have worked well for larger calibers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
If they are looking to reduce fouling, why wouldn't they just use a copper coated bullet? I shoot the American Eagle supressor ammo, and it is clear and it runs very clean.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If they are looking to reduce fouling, why wouldn't they just use a copper coated bullet? I shoot the American Eagle supressor ammo, and it is clear and it runs very clean.
View Quote
I imagine powdercoating is much less expensive, and easier to do in large volumes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#10]
These are designed for use without a can.
Says so right in the article.

Of course you can use them with a can.  But what's the point?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe the point would to be quieter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m excited about the Clean-22 Standard Velocity. Less build up in the can and possibly less lead exposure to the shooter are two things that will really improve on the current SV.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Interesting- I've got a box of Remington Golden bullets that I chronied at subsonic speeds out of a Buckmark bull barrel
about mid 8's to high 8's
View Quote
Most bulk pack ammo is subsonic from pistol length barrels
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The thread title: "New CCI 22's for silencers."
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]
735 fps?  Why?  1100 fps is still subsonic and has much better ballistics.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, the Quiet-22 is going to be pretty weak compared to Standard Velocity (which is no powerhouse). The Quiet-22 will be for impressing your friends and general plinking, not so much for hunting. Personally, I've standardized on CCI SV in all of my 22LR firearms so that I know they will hit where I'm aiming and still sound great while being affordable and reliable. If the Clean-22 can do those things while being cleaner it will become my new standard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Slower is quieter and this ammo is made to be as quiet as possible. That's pretty cool if that 45gr bullet lets it reliably cycle semi autos.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I have their current quiet and it cycles about 75% of the time with a can on my 22/45. Cycles in my old model 60 without issue. I wonder what is different about this stuff?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have their current quiet and it cycles about 75% of the time with a can on my 22/45. Cycles in my old model 60 without issue. I wonder what is different about this stuff?
View Quote
Looks like a heavier bullet with a little more speed so my guess is it was specifically made to close that reliability gap in semi autos
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too! This sounds very exciting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd really like to see a 45gr HP that does just under 1100 and actually expands out to 50yds within squirrel/rabbit size targets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top