Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. So long as you don't feel the need to remove the bushing from the barrel, or if it's a bull barrel even there's no bushing at all...other than the length, no downside at all to using it. Hell, you can even think of it as a net positive; it's a thread protector that you can put a can on.
View Quote

All current 2011s have the bull barrel.  I guess I'll just consider it a permanent part now.  I never thought I'd see the day I bought a Griffin product.  What's next, Larue?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve only put about 200 rounds (due to cost obvi) through my suppressor with cam lok but dang if it isn’t nifty. Solid lockup, never had to retighten the suppressor to the host (though my piston bushing started unthreading. I’ll need to tighten that better next time), easily able to remove and reinstall suppressor before, during, and after range outing.

Low round count but I definitely look forward to continued usage in the future.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I took the plunge. Ordered through Lanbo's Armory, they had the best prices. Got the piston, 9mm and 45 adapters as well as the 45 comp. Had to order the 9mm comps from Joe Bob's as they were out of stock at Lanbo's.

Once they come in, I'll get some pictures and test them out. Will be going on Beretta 92's as well as some Para 1911's. Excited to not have to switch out the booster while playing with multiple guns. This is a great idea, especially with 45 cans.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
If I were to put the cam-lok on a TX22, would I need the normal or special 1/2x28?
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Great match, no need to ever remove with a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/453175/2011-1896712.jpg

Great match, no need to ever remove with a bull barrel.
View Quote

That’s hot.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cool!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That’s hot.
View Quote

If you like that you'll love my next host.

It's probably a year out though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#11]
@Green0 - Any idea when you will have Osprey pistons for sale?  I have checked every where and no one has one in stock.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Cam-Lok all the things!

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@Green0 - Any idea when you will have Osprey pistons for sale?  I have checked every where and no one has one in stock.
View Quote

Ditto. I emailed them a few weeks ago and it didn't look good. Hopefully more are coming!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, CAA has done it and released MCK kits for the CZ P07/09 and the P10 series.

https://caagearup.com/product/new-mck-cz/

I might have to get one for my P07 to use with the Octane I have coming.  This just might be a great excuse to get one of these Griffin Cam Lok pistons to try out?  I'm really tempted to pull the trigger and pre order that CZ kit from CAA.  I like that they made sure it is suppressor friendly.  My only real grip about the Octane was the amount of crap it spit back into my face.  With something like the Roni kit that should be minimized I would think with the plastic housing in the way and the opening forcing most of the gunk out to the right instead of right back into your face.

With these Cam Loks you guys are finding your not having to constantly check for your can backing off right?  That is the only real concern I'd have using the regular 1/2x28 piston with something like these Roni kits.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 6:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I plan to try mine out today on an Octane 45 HD and FNX45T. I'll let you know how it works. I'm also very interested in the upcoming 22 lr adapter to make sure my Nyx stays tight on the AR22 I built for my wife.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm excited about the rimfire stuff, I think we should only be a few weeks from seeing that stuff in machines.  

View Quote

Man, I’m right there with you. Your rimfire stuff should solve several “problems” for me.  Its one of the reasons I keep checking this thread.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Guess I'll have to scroll back through the thread.  Not aware of the rimfire" variant.  But definitely interesting in learning more.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Welp, I brought too many guns today and ran out of time before I got to the FNX45T. My Nyx kept backing off though, so I'm ready for those rimfire parts. The LH 13.5x1 threads on my vp9t stayed tight the entire time with a standard piston.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the update. I check the site ALOT for those Osprey pistons.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your not the only one!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your not the only one!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your not the only one!

You could always place a backorder through a dealer. That at least guarantees you a spot in the queue. I've done this for a few customers. Doesn't mean that you'll get it any faster but it will guarantee you a spot in line.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You could always place a backorder through a dealer. That at least guarantees you a spot in the queue. I've done this for a few customers. Doesn't mean that you'll get it any faster but it will guarantee you a spot in line.
View Quote

Good tip.  I'm on a waiting list atm to get the email alerts.  The irony is that I ordered CamLok back when it very first came out (when Griffin only listed 1 variant on their website).  Tried to installed it in the Osprey and marred up the piston, so no RMA.  Then a week later all the different versions came out, so this will be my second piston and I haven't even used it yet.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Reposted pic, but Cam-Lok with an Osprey is sweet.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The Checkmate, Spectre adaptors are running now.
View Quote

Looking forward to this one, esp now that I heave another .22lr host and not another can for it, yet
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The initial thought was the slots would weaken the part too much, and then we had an idea to help that and tried it and it worked.  If a Si Co, Rugged, Dead Air Odessa customer doesn't have an Osprey they may appreciate a better seal, or less O-ring wear without the slots, so both parts have a place and a purpose, and that's the only way to have a 3 product compatible part that doesn't bother the other brand customers.
View Quote

TBH if you guy's didn't make an Osprey specific piston, I would have probably foolishly tried filling slots into the regular piston...  

Tip my hat to you guys for coming up with CamLok. Using interrupted threads is obvious in retrospect - but being obvious after the fact is the sign of real invention.  
The leg work must have been the engineering required to pull it off within the confines of existing piston dimensions.  

I always joke about how long it takes to screw on/off a pistol suppressor with new shooters, compared to how it is in the movies.  Cam-Lok is a home-run, just like the Plan A taper mounts.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Cam-Lok Osprey pistons are in-stock on Griffin's website!
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#37]
@Green0 Okay, i must be ignorant.  I ordered a cam lock piston and adapters for a 1911 45 and 40 cal s&w. Both adapters did fine installing on the barrels but when i take the booster with the camlock piston it allws me to over-rotate and just release after about a quarter turn.  What am i doing wrong?
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Do you have the piston seated all the way on the barrel/cam-lock adapter?

On mine when I have it jammed on as far as it will go/seat, I can't turn my can/lock my can on by rotating it left, like you would normally tighten a can.

If I very very very slightly back off a tiny tiny tiny bit, I'm able to rotate the can and lock the piston to the adapter.

If however I back it off too far, I can turn straight though the threads and it'll rotate far enough past to release again.

Just make sure you have the piston seated deep enough on the adapter...if you seat it as deep as it'll go and you can't rotate it/lock it, back off a TINY amount. Like a piece of paper thick, amount.

Once you wear the mating surfaces in, it snicks together much faster and cleaner...
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@Green0 Okay, i must be ignorant.  I ordered a cam lock piston and adapters for a 1911 45 and 40 cal s&w. Both adapters did fine installing on the barrels but when i take the booster with the camlock piston it allws me to over-rotate and just release after about a quarter turn.  What am i doing wrong?
View Quote

Yours maybe defective. I had the issue with a 1/2x28 mount, eventually when it wore in, I could twist it all the way to the next interrupted thread gap which is obviously not good. I sent it in and they replaced it no problem. Great customer service.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you are rotating through you may be one thread behind the first thread as the poster above mentioned or you may be overtightening or experiencing a bad part.  

Contact customer service via the website if this doesn't help.  

We initially shot for 60 degrees to snug, and now have come off that about 10 to make a little more room for overtightening which is not necessary but sometimes does happen.  They should not freely move through without getting snug.
View Quote
I have the piston fully shouldered in the nielsen device and the nielsen device shouldered on the adapters.

I also assembled the booster in the Bushwhacker and tried it as a complete assembly with the same results.

The only thing I have not tried is to attach the naked piston without the booster.  If that works, then its either a piston that is too short or a booster that is too long.

I don't believe it is over-tightening as I can rotate it past engagement with two fingers.

I will contact customer service after the naked piston test...

Thanks,
CN

@Green0

ETA:  problem solved.  It was my fault.  I was assembling the nielsen device incorrectly.  The naked piston locks up fine on the two adapters.  It was releasing because I did not have all of the threads engaged (as Green0 said above in red) due to my mis-assembly of the booster.  The piston could not shoulder on the adapter (as it did when naked) and therefore was short at least one thread, maybe two. It was about 0.125 from being even with the booster body.  Correctly assembled, it protrudes about 0.125 from the booster body.

My very first clue should have been when I was shooting really weak (850 fps) 40 S&W with the older threaded piston, again, assembled incorrectly...and none ejected (ie the nielsen device wasn't decoupling the mass of the suppressor from the barrel.  At the time I chalked it up to not enough energy to cycle the pistol because the rounds were so light.

Now that i have assembled it correctly, it tightens up as expected.  If it ever stops raining, I hope to get it to a range soon and (re) test suppressed 40 and 45 pistol shooting.

Side question:  would you ever consider putting the full manuals online for download?  I realize that might cause some unwanted IP exposure.  Perhaps a login feature with our SN?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
CN
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Any chance of making a M9 x .75 RH CAM-LOK threaded barrel adapter? This would allow it to fit directly onto some 22lr guns like the G44 or M&P22 FS, instead of having to use 2 adapters. Although 22LR doesn't really need a piston, it would allow CAm-Lock equipped suppressor to be quickly swapped between a 9mm duty pistol like G19 and the training versions
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:02:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We have not made any adaptors for the small liner rimfire barrels.  I don't think we'll be doing it anytime soon.  It's not a bad idea, but the parts would require a little development and they would need new tooling, and we're still pretty buried.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance of making a M9 x .75 RH CAM-LOK threaded barrel adapter? This would allow it to fit directly onto some 22lr guns like the G44 or M&P22 FS, instead of having to use 2 adapters. Although 22LR doesn't really need a piston, it would allow CAm-Lock equipped suppressor to be quickly swapped between a 9mm duty pistol like G19 and the training versions
We have not made any adaptors for the small liner rimfire barrels.  I don't think we'll be doing it anytime soon.  It's not a bad idea, but the parts would require a little development and they would need new tooling, and we're still pretty buried.
I just want to second @pebble's request for an M9 x .75 RH CAM-LOK threaded barrel adapter.  Specifically, I'm after a Rugged Obsidian9 on a Glock G44 (without the 1/2-28 adapter).

The CAM-LOK system seems like an excellent solution for the Glock G44 M9 x .75 RH threaded barrel.  I'll spread the word within the G44 community and see if I can't drum up more interest.

I can't imagine the 9 mm CAM-LOK carry compensator will do much for me on a .22 LR G44.  Are there any other options in terms of a "cam protector" (analogous to a traditional thread protector)?  Or maybe we should add a .22 LR  CAM-LOK carry compensator to the wish list?

Hopefully, you'll be able to make this happen in say, six months.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:14:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Are there any other options in terms of a "cam protector" (analogous to a traditional thread protector)?  

View Quote

Honestly, I look at the cam-lock as more of a thread protector when a can's not on it...the cam-lock interface seems robust enough to deal with small dings. And if it doesn't, it's easy to replace, like any other muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Honestly, I look at the cam-lock as more of a thread protector when a can's not on it...the cam-lock interface seems robust enough to deal with small dings. And if it doesn't, it's easy to replace, like any other muzzle device.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any other options in terms of a "cam protector" (analogous to a traditional thread protector)?  

I don’t believe Cam-Lock even comes in a .22 model.
I use the taper mounts for all my .22 applications.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted: I don’t believe Cam-Lock even comes in a .22 model.
View Quote
I'm actually looking to attach a 9 mm Rugged Obsidian9 suppressor to a .22 LR Glock G44 (in addition to my G19's).  I consider my G44 a G19 trainer ... same frame, same MRDS, same suppressor-height sights, same weaponlight, same trigger, same holster and same suppressor (preferably without the 1/2-28 adapter).  

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted: Honestly, I look at the cam-lock as more of a thread protector when a can's not on it...the cam-lock interface seems robust enough to deal with small dings. And if it doesn't, it's easy to replace, like any other muzzle device.
View Quote
Even if the CAM-LOK barrel adapter is robust enough to withstand a few bumps and bruises, the appearance of the naked adapter isn't terribly "polished".  I don't have a problem using the $65 CAM-LOK 9 mm carry compensator as a thread protector with a .22 LR Glock G44.  That'll be the tentative plan.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top