Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2019 9:11:39 AM EDT
Was wondering if any of you guys have one of these BRP variants? Link

Learned this weekend from a fellow forum
member that these are available as factory new machine guns. And they are about 40min from my house.

Price seems a little high but if they shoot as soft as I have read maybe it’s worth it. You can get one setup with 2 calibers 9/45 which is pretty neat. They just don’t look like a iconic SMG. Like a SW76, sten or UZI.

Thoughts?
Experiences?
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive shot the stemple suomi, seemed nice.

They are a bit over priced for what you get.

Most are in the $12-14k range. For that price you can have a M11 with multiple Lage uppers, Uzi, or Ruger AC556. Also not far off of a RLL or post WWII Thompson. Or you could get a Rising and a sten. All of which would be better choices IMO.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive shot the stemple suomi, seemed nice.

They are a bit over priced for what you get.

Most are in the $12-14k range. For that price you can have a M11 with multiple Lage uppers, Uzi, or Ruger AC556. Also not far off of a RLL or post WWII Thompson. Or you could get a Rising and a sten. All of which would be better choices IMO.
View Quote
Yeah they seem like they are priced high. But it is a factory new machine gun which is kinda cool.

The 2 gun option I like much better.

I was mainly wondering how popular these guns are and if they were worth the money. Thus far I don’t think they are.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah they seem like they are priced high. But it is a factory new machine gun which is kinda cool.

The 2 gun option I like much better.

I was mainly wondering how popular these guns are and if they were worth the money. Thus far I don’t think they are.
View Quote
I have only shot one of the old Stemple 76/45s but have seen folks shoot the BRP guns at machinegun shoots over the years.   The BRP guns seem to run well, have a nice rate of fire, but are also pretty heavy.

Stemple, Burgess, and BRP have been trying to sell off the original transferable Stemple tubes in probably a half dozen or more different iterations at a myriad of different price points over the years.  When I first started collecting machineguns around the 99/2000 timeframe, John Stemple was selling his MK1 variant 76/45 guns for approximately two grand in shotgun news.  This was when M11s were still less than $1000.

The fact that that both Jim Burgess and Brian Poling still have new Stemple based transferable tube guns for sale 30+ years later gives you an indication of how not very popular these guns are.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.

I guess if they sell 5-6 a year it’s a decent salary for one guy in a small shop.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.

I guess if they sell 5-6 a year it’s a decent salary for one guy in a small shop.
View Quote
I suspect he is in no hurry to move these out the door and always seems to keep pricing just ahead of where "most" people would jump in.

In my limited experience they seem to be good guns, but not sure if the value prop is there for the current $14K pricetag when that would get you an Uzi, or a AC556, a FNC, a M2 carbine, a Smith 76, a RLL, a sten and a Reising etc. which don't look like some sort of "Franken-gun".  The same goes for the Thompson clone gun.  I would much rather have a West Hurley M1 Thompson for  the same price than a Stemple tube inside a Thompson-esque shell.

If they were the same price as Burgess's SW76s and went for $8500, I would buy one for fun, but at $14K I would pass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 34k. I bought it several years ago when they were cheaper. When I take it out, it is a favorite among my friends. It gets a lot of use. Good guns that you really can't go wrong with. When the stemple tubes are gone these will increase in value in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the BRP U9SF and U45 kit. It was my first MG. I Bought it as it was brand new and came with everything to get me started. It is very smooth and very reliable. Much smoother than my M11 with any upper and better in 45 than anything I have ever shot full auto. The quality is tip top. Brian is great to work with too. I also got the 34k kit later and that's a hoot as well.

I bought it at 9500. I would not at 14k unless it being new is important to you. It is on the heavy side but so is my m11 with tungsten bolt etc. Its not really collectable other than it's a transferrable. And its looks are what they are. Not iconic...

I wont be selling mine.

The used market for them isnt strong right now. If you like the platform you can find then used. Like someone else pointed out. As soon as they run out of tubes they will go up in price. I have lots of mags and extra parts now to keep it going for longer than I live. It's a robust and easy platform to work with. Good luck on your decision

SV
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#8]
45 setup. https://image.ibb.co/fa3K1R/Resized-20170521-140111.jpg
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
For what it is worth I have an older temple Suomi. I paid $6,000 for it used several years ago.

BRP has some of the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They went out of their way to check and adjust my gun after I bought it.

It is heavy especially with a 72 round drum hanging off of it. But it is smooth as silk. A lot of fun to shoot.

I bought it because I have always wanted one. I have several other mg’s but the Suomi  gets out of the safe more than any Mac.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#10]
don't underestimate the value of having a ready source of parts and troubleshooting in close proximity to you...  I live in Phoenix and having Lage nearby has been a godsend for my M11/9 a couple times.  It can be such a pain to mail a transferable for service or repair.

However, if the owners are elderly and they are down to their last parts, may not be much value.   Like the old Alcoa football ads, you make the call...
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can get one setup with 2 calibers 9/45 which is pretty neat. They just don’t look like a iconic SMG. Like a SW76, sten or UZI.
View Quote
Don't get me wrong, I think they are neat guns.  But, at a price point of 14,000, there are better options out there.

Right not the Uzi market is super soft.  I think someone just mentioned that they got a RR Uzi for 12,000.  With an Uzi, you have a superb 9mm gun with simple 22 and 45 conversions.  Here's a huge packasage for 14,800 http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13564-fsvector-fs-uzi-reg-3cal-huge-pkg-14800/.  Here's a great deal on a Vector Uzi with a suppressor for 11,900 http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13455-wts-vector-arms-uzi-transferable-excellent-11990/.

Next, don't get hung up on caliber conversions.  One of my machineguns is an Uzi.  Although I have conversions for 45 and 22, I rarely use them.  The gun us designed for 9mm and runs best in that caliber.  22 is frankly boring and 45 is expensive and brings nothing to the table.

Finally you hit the nail on the head about "iconic" machineguns.  The Stemple will never have the selling power of an Uzi or a Sten.  People like to buy historically relevant guns or guns they saw in movies.  As such, the iconic guns are much easier to sell.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a BRP STG U9. I bought mine for about 8k several years ago. It’s a great fun to shoot and I couldn’t recommend it more. If you want a gun for the historical factor an Uzi or Sten is where you want to be. If you want a machine gun with many of the modern creature comforts we’ve grown to enjoy on modern firearms then BRP is where you should be. BRP builds a fine gun and if you have the coin you can’t go wrong with one of these.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I have two of the BRP Guns. One I bought direct from BRP for around 7.5. It is the U9 setup. I eventually bought the spade grip and the slowfire kit for it.

The other I bought from a private seller about 3 years ago for 8.

I have several machineguns, but the BRP Guns beat them all. You can’t make them hiccup.

I was sold on them by an old timer that rents guns out. These are the only transferable that he rents- the others are post samples. That speaks volumes.

These guns are over built. They are built for the long haul, and designed that way because of the ban.

No doubt they will last a lifetime.

Most folks turn their nose up at a tube gun. I actually like it. Many configurations you can turn that tube into.

I’d recommend one.

Of course the price has rocketed, but so have my Macs.

Further I think they have a goal of 50 guns a year. Anything over that you have to pay an excise tax.

There is a finite supply of these tubes.

Even at current prices I think it’s a buy. Parts are plentiful and Brian has mentioned that as the tubes run out there will be a focus on additional kits.

I actually think these guns are the sleepers in the future MG market. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
My BRP STG 1928 just transferred to me, I'll get it out soon.

I can't say enough about Brian's stellar communication and support for the BRP products, NFA owners, and firearms in general. OUTSTANDING.

Too expensive... really?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top