Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just ordered an AP5 for $1099. This will be my first hk mp5 clone and I don't know too much about them. What braces are good to go and preferred?

I really like look of the KAC rail, but it seems that they are discontinued.

Also, what spare parts are good to keep on hand?
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered an AP5 for $1099. This will be my first hk mp5 clone and I don't know too much about them. What braces are good to go and preferred?

View Quote

I ran the SB Tactical brace prior to my SBR approval.  Than I retro fitted a B&T side folding stock to the adapter (stock available at Arms Unlimited).

Buy the extra spare parts kit from Atlantic.  One of my extractors wasn’t holding the round very securely, and it wasn’t a spring issue. And although the gun worked fairly well, I had a loose case not ejecting now and than.  I replaced the extractor with the one from that kit.  Seems to hold the round tighter, but I still need to go shoot it.

And I tell everyone to spend the extra $10 and buy factory HK mags (Lanbo’s).  And break in the gun with quality hotter ammo.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 4:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I ran the SB Tactical brace prior to my SBR approval.  Than I retro fitted a B&T side folding stock to the adapter (stock available at Arms Unlimited).

Buy the extra spare parts kit from Atlantic.  One of my extractors wasn’t holding the round very securely, and it wasn’t a spring issue. And although the gun worked fairly well, I had a loose case not ejecting now and than.  I replaced the extractor with the one from that kit.  Seems to hold the round tighter, but I still need to go shoot it.

And I tell everyone to spend the extra $10 and buy factory HK mags (Lanbo’s).  And break in the gun with quality hotter ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up on the parts kit. I'll go through this thread again and see what others have to say about spare parts, etc.

I was thinking about the sig folding brace using the 1913 rail.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
These are priced pretty good with those that stock them.  Everyone is hovering $1150ish for base models.  Any chance of Black Friday price blowouts?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got my AP5P from Atlantic.  Will break it in this weekend.  Looking forward to SBRing it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#7]
AP5 M add to cart price $999

AP5 P add to cart price $1059

AP5 add to cart price $1099

https://atlanticfirearms.com/century-ap5-m-pistol-HG6036A-N
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trying to resist adding a fullsize...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my rebate the other day!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no reason anyone shouldn't fo with prices like these.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's no reason anyone shouldn't fo with prices like these.
View Quote

Words of Wisdom!
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got 2 coming! Could've gotten a 3rd one but I adulted, lol. Salad days for these.
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Salad days for these.
View Quote

Yep.

After getting rid of my full size Omega and Zenith MKE import, selling all my mags, & "getting out of the MP5 Platform".  I've now got 5 of the AP5 series.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Dammit.  I don't need another...
Link Posted: 11/24/2022 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Damnit.
Tv died, i had a few beers before costco....

Now we decided furniture time.

I have to be a husband, but that M is still calling my name!
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#18]
PSA has the ap5-m on sale for 899 with coupon.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
PSA has the ap5-m on sale for 899 with coupon.
View Quote

Lowest price I've seen.  If I didn't already have two M's, I'd be all over that.
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#21]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Full size AP5 at Palmetto for $1016.19 shipped! Plus tax.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#23]
What coupon? I’m seeing 1299
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What coupon? I'm seeing 1299
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#25]
AP5 M $899 - ($917 shipped) with code AP5

In stock at the time of this post.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/century-ap5-m-9mm-pistol-4-5-30rd-black-hg6036a-n.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Yes, too good to pass up and now I have one inbound.  I paid almost twice this for my Zenith MKEs (K and RS) years ago.  Those are SBR'd; I think I will keep this one a pistol.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:49:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, too good to pass up and now I have one inbound.  I paid almost twice this for my Zenith MKEs (K and RS) years ago.  Those are SBR'd; I think I will keep this one a pistol.
View Quote
If they keep this pricing up I might pickup a M too.  It's a pretty low priority though since it's the one model I don't really "get."  I don't have the OG nostalgia of the original K though so that's probably why.  I got the AP5 and recently ordered the AP5-P because of nostalgia from being a 90's kid and video games.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:36:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I went AOW with one of my M's.  The push/pull/sling tension works fairly well, and you can take AOW's to most States without ATF approval.  If the brace goes away, this might be my new travel companion.

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#29]
With these prices, I might get another M so I can LARP Akimbo style, lol!
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered an 8.9” AP5 with brace from Family Firearms.  I’ve wanted an MP5 clone for a long time and couldn’t pass at these prices.  

I’m a lefty so the plan is to get a Navy SEF lower with ambi safety.  Then hopefully I can track down two difficult to find items, a KAC RAS, and an A3 stock.  I’m on the notification list with Atlantic for an MKE A3 stock, hopefully I can snag one.  

I’m going to run a couple hundred through it as a pistol and then send off the form 1.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I have an extra navy sef lower for a k.
It's really my main reason for thinking i need the m to complete my "reference collection"
Lol

Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#32]
The full size AP5 is back in stock again at Palmetto for $1071 with shipping & taxes included.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm a lefty so the plan is to get a Navy SEF lower with ambi safety.  
View Quote
Just make sure you get an aftermarket "SEF" type ambi safety, an inexpensive option is the Magpul one.

The actual HK style navy ambi safety will not work unless you also swap out your trigger pack and get a pictogram type trigger housing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just make sure you get an aftermarket "SEF" type ambi safety, an inexpensive option is the Magpul one.

The actual HK style navy ambi safety will not work unless you also swap out your trigger pack and get a pictogram type trigger housing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a lefty so the plan is to get a Navy SEF lower with ambi safety.  

Yep, this is whole new learning experience from me.  I researched quite a bit after I realized there are different style trigger housings.

Ended up ordering an SEF Navy style “like new condition” housing and Magpul ambi safety from HK Parts.  

Next up will be figuring out 922r, something I haven’t dealt with in the NFA world yet.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep, this is whole new learning experience from me.  I researched quite a bit after I realized there are different style trigger housings.

Ended up ordering an SEF Navy style "like new condition" housing and Magpul ambi safety from HK Parts.  

Next up will be figuring out 922r, something I haven't dealt with in the NFA world yet.
View Quote
handguard
charging handle
trigger box
trigger
sear
hammer
magazine (3 parts potentially)
stock
grip

those are the options to pick from.  If you get a franklin armory binary trigger you take care of 4 parts right out the gate.  US handguards are cheap for OG looks.  Charging handle is cheap too.

...that being said my US handguard has no markings identifying it as US made. BPP is the manufacturer
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
handguard
charging handle
trigger box
trigger
sear
hammer
stock
grip

those are the options to pick from.  If you get a franklin armory binary trigger you take care of 4 parts right out the gate.  US handguards are cheap for OG looks.  Charging handle is cheap too.

...that being said my US handguard has no markings identifying it as US made. BPP is the manufacturer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ended up ordering an SEF Navy style "like new condition" housing and Magpul ambi safety from HK Parts.  

Next up will be figuring out 922r, something I haven't dealt with in the NFA world yet.
handguard
charging handle
trigger box
trigger
sear
hammer
stock
grip

I was thinking trigger pack, charging handle, and hand guard.  I didn’t realize how expensive the trigger packs were.  It’s not much more to just buy the Franklin Armory binary trigger.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was thinking trigger pack, charging handle, and hand guard.  I didn’t realize how expensive the trigger packs were.  It’s not much more to just buy the Franklin Armory binary trigger.
View Quote

That’s the route I go.  Franklin or Heckfire.  Timney is available now, but you’ll need a safety.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I was thinking trigger pack, charging handle, and hand guard.  I didn't realize how expensive the trigger packs were.  It's not much more to just buy the Franklin Armory binary trigger.
View Quote
Yeah it's shocking.  I'm looking at F1ing mine and trying to decide which parts to use. Already have a US HG and grip, probably will do an aftermarket trigger next.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yeah it's shocking.  I'm looking at F1ing mine and trying to decide which parts to use. Already have a US HG and grip, probably will do an aftermarket trigger next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking trigger pack, charging handle, and hand guard.  I didn't realize how expensive the trigger packs were.  It's not much more to just buy the Franklin Armory binary trigger.

That seems to be the best option.  I want to be able to use an imported stock, hoping to grab an MKE A3 when they come back in stock.  Also want to use HK and MKE mags .
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
handguard
charging handle
trigger box
trigger
sear
hammer
stock
grip

View Quote

How many do I have to switch out? I already replaced the handguard and I'm looking at getting either a Timney or Franklin trigger. How many more do I need to switch for 922r?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How many do I have to switch out? I already replaced the handguard and I'm looking at getting either a Timney or Franklin trigger. How many more do I need to switch for 922r?
View Quote
Six total parts from that list in the case of the MP5 need to be US made.

ETA this is the full list of parts on an MP5 that could be changed.  16 parts, and a max of 10 can be foreign made, so that's why you need to have 6 of them be US made.  Obviously some of these like the trunnion or barrel are non-starters for most.

Receiver
Barrel
Trunion
Bolt
Bolt Carrier
Cocking Handle
Trigger Box
Trigger
Hammer
Sear
Buttstock
Pistol Grip module
Forearm / Handguard
Magazine Housing
Magazine Follower
Magazine Floorplate
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#42]
So, in order to F1 one of these, (6) of those parts need to be U.S. Made?

This doesn’t apply when it’s a Pistol, correct?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So, in order to F1 one of these, (6) of those parts need to be U.S. Made?

This doesn’t apply when it’s a Pistol, correct?
View Quote

Correct.  922r dictates you can’t make a Rifle with more than 10 foreign parts.  If you Form 1 (SBR) a foreign made pistol, per the ATF, you are requesting to manufacture a rifle.

The good thing about starting with a pistol, once approved, you can convert it back to a pistol if you want.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Perfect, thank you!
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Couldn't pass up the sale at PSA and went with the AP5. Hopefully not a drawn out process to receive with all the sales as I would like to Form1 this and work on getting a suppressor at the same time.

Is the Magpul lower compatible? I was looking at that and the Ambi safety but also like the SEF lowers and seem to be relatively straight forward to modify to fit.

What are some of the favorites when it comes to mounts and hand guards?
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm also ordering an AP5.  I know these lowers are out there, compatible with AR grips and triggers.
https://leesporting.com/
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Couldn't pass up the sale at PSA and went with the AP5. Hopefully not a drawn out process to receive with all the sales as I would like to Form1 this and work on getting a suppressor at the same time.

Is the Magpul lower compatible? I was looking at that and the Ambi safety but also like the SEF lowers and seem to be relatively straight forward to modify to fit.

What are some of the favorites when it comes to mounts and hand guards?
View Quote
Yes the Magpul trigger housing works with the full size AP5. Also, you can just use the Magpul safety with the OEM trigger housing if all you want is the Ambi safety.

The MFI ultra low top rail is popular for being low profile, but is only sold at HK Parts and goes out of stock a lot.  Midwest makes a decent one too.

Midwest makes the best mlok handguard IMO. For a classic look, US made wide tropical handguards are cheap and easy to get.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#48]
PSA won’t ship to Colorado. Any suggestions on the best approach to get one?

So far my search at LGS hasn’t turned up any.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
PSA won't ship to Colorado. Any suggestions on the best approach to get one?

So far my search at LGS hasn't turned up any.
View Quote
Atlantic has them for $1,099, I think they just won't send you the mag.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top