Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2018 5:48:03 PM EDT
I bought my son a 10/22 takedown for his 8th birthday last week.  He's been shooting his brother's identical rifle for better than a year, displays safe gun handling habits, and has been elated to have his own rifle now.   With my supervision, he's shot 3 or 4 evenings this week, and has about 400 rounds through the rifle now.

I put a vortex Sparc on it, and have changed out the factory stock for the magpul backpacker due to it's elevated comb.  He's a big 8 year old, so the length of pull isn't uncomfortable for him, and he can handle the weight of the rifle shooting offhand.

On to the rifle- yes, it has the plastic trigger guard.  And cycling the bolt felt a little rough out of the box.  But, to my surprise, throu the first 400 rounds or so, it has been flawless.

More to follow- taking the wife on a date night!
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice...I like the take downs, just havent got one yet. My G/Fs kids are still shooting their crickets, be a couple years before they can shoot 10/22s comfortably
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The boy shot another 75 rounds or so today.  Reliability is still 100%, which I think is fantastic since the action is still a little rough feeling.

The 1st pic below is stock form, the day he got it.  The second is from today, group at 50 yards from a bench. This is the first time he's shot it from a rest, all other rounds have been standing at about 20 yards on a full size IPSC target.  The magpul stock is great, and the Sparc is working well on this rifle. Easy for him to use, but the 2moa dot is small enough to shoot accurately.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top