Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2018 10:05:46 AM EDT
I’m about to purchase some type of camera system for my home.  I think I need 4 outside and would like 1 inside.  I’m sure this is a common topic and I know it’s hard to have the best of both worlds...price : quality.

Would I be good to go with a 4K PoE setup like Nelly’s offers?

Maybe there’s another seller you can recommend but that’s where I’ve been looking so far.

I would like to know that the cameras I purchase are capable doing the authorities some good.  I live way out of town on a farm and so there are few “eyes” around to see someone who has been around my house.

Looking forward to suggestions!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
In for replies.  I'm looking at these 4 cam and 8 cam systems:

4 channel 4K POE.

8 camera 4K POE system.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Nelly’s is good people. They stand by products. Support is very good as well. 4K is good, get a 2-6 GB HD for longer recording before rewriting.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nelly’s is good people. They stand by products. Support is very good as well. 4K is good, get a 2-6 GB HD for longer recording before rewriting.
View Quote
What is 2-6GB?  Sorry, I’m not savvy with this...did you mean TB?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes I mis typed. Get a larger hard drive for longer periods of recording at full resolution.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
The 4K nvr they offer holds up to 2 8TB hard drives
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Nelly's is awesome.... some of the best customer support I've ever experienced
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Nelly's is GTG.  My brother got one of their systems for their church.  Works well.

If you talk to them, they can custom make you a system - you don't have to go with their premade ones.

Pricewise they are high - but when you throw in their good support, it is worth it most of the time.

I put together my own system but wouldn't have a problem using Nelly's.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nelly's is GTG.  My brother got one of their systems for their church.  Works well.

If you talk to them, they can custom make you a system - you don't have to go with their premade ones.

Pricewise they are high - but when you throw in their good support, it is worth it most of the time.

I put together my own system but wouldn't have a problem using Nelly's.
View Quote
This is where I sit with Nelly's as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:03:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah, GTG.. getting ready to order more from them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I would call and ask about what the future support will be like for any products you may be buying. I bought one of their NVR's that is no longer sold and the cloud service and ability to see cams on my phone is severely limited. If you buy one of the higher end setups, this will most likely not be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looking forward to suggestions!
View Quote
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AHXEHSU/
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I just installed a 16 4K camera system from Nelly's, and I'm very happy.  The system is plug and play as advertised.  Their customer service is excellent.  Got a great deal on their black Friday special.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top