Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 6:54:37 PM EDT
My SBR is a factory DD V7S with a 11.5" barrel....

I have been on notification with Brownells on the MK18 uppers and I bought one....

There should be no issues with going with a shorter barrel on my SBR lower, correct?   It is my understanding from reading here that changing the recorded barrel length is not an issue and it is not a permanent modification....do I have my thoughts correct?

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
SBR is SBR

No issue going shorter or longer barrel
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SBR is SBR

No issue going shorter or longer barrel
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard in the past that if you sell or otherwise do not have your original SBR length upper anymore, that you should let the ATF know. But that you don't have to if you still own the upper/barrel and could convert back to the original configuration on the paperwork.

I have also heard that some people did change the length and have filed a change of description and that the NFA never had record of it and didn't seem to care.

Not sure which is true. To date, I can make all of my SBR's back to their original form lengths, so I've never had to choose to send an update or not. Maybe someone can chime in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have heard in the past that if you sell or otherwise do not have your original SBR length upper anymore, that you should let the ATF know. But that you don't have to if you still own the upper/barrel and could convert back to the original configuration on the paperwork.

I have also heard that some people did change the length and have filed a change of description and that the NFA never had record of it and didn't seem to care.

Not sure which is true. To date, I can make all of my SBR's back to their original form lengths, so I've never had to choose to send an update or not. Maybe someone can chime in.
View Quote

I am keeping the original V7S upper....adding the MK18 upper and will swap them around from time to time.   I wanted a MK18 when I purchased the V7S, but they were now where to be found, like today.   When I got the email that Brownells has the stripped uppers in stock (no BCG and FH), I ordered it, comes with the FDE RIS

Will be looking for a DD BCG, I have a few Geisseles that are new in addition to some PSAs, Toolcraft and one Laure BCG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top