Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2020 11:30:15 AM EDT
New Criterion barrel has a ridge on shoulder where the indexing washer contacts. It interferes with  mounting muzzle devices.

If one wanted to remove it with hand tools, how would one go about that. I have a few ideas, just wondering if there's something I am missing.

I have a pretty good arsenal of files and India stones.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a file and stone job. Any pics?
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll see if I can find a similar pic in the net. It's a friend's barrel I was helping him put together.

Pretty disappointed in the Criterion barrel. The gas port was drilled canted such that if the gas block was lined up centered with the gas port the tube was crooked in the upper. That combined with no relief cut on the muzzle threading... Told him he should send it back.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I suppose undercut is the term I was looking for.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Bust out the dremel.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The term "relief cut" is perfectly acceptable.  Any rookie machinist/gunsmith knows what your are talking about.  

That is disappointing to hear about Criterion's quality.  I was not far from ordering one.  Now, I will hold off.    I mean, if they can't get the simple things right,  ........?

Thanks for coming on here and sharing your thoughts.
Best Regards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top