Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2023 11:10:50 AM EDT
I need to find an in-stock source for a Mosin Nagant cocking knob safety pull ring like the one “Brass Stacker™” makes/made.
I am a 68 year old woman and no longer have the hand/upper body strength to operate such a safety without an assistant device.
If any of you could assist me in finding a source, it would be much appreciated.
MSR_Gal
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's something which any decent gunsmith or machinist could set you up with. My suggestion is to buy a spare cocking piece - under $10 on eBay - and have the ring or other solution installed to suit your hands. There's something to be said for custom work.

ETA: For anyone who doesn't know what the modification looks like here are a few types:

Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?
I understand that it makes it easier to use the safety/recocker, but I know no one that actually uses it.

There are alternatives options that serve the same purpose with out modification.
For recocking it is generally easier to just rotate the handle to the vertical position and return back to locked position. Rather than use the saftey just pull the bolt, much easier than the manual safety and is clearly visibly safe. That is not to mention using the manual safety is a little iffy... Since you are essentially pulling the striker off the sear, if it slips when your safeing/unsafeing the rifle, and you have a touchy trigger, some poor fit up, or a wore sear/contact surface, that extra travel and pressure from pulling it back can be enough to jump the sear.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why?
I understand that it makes it easier to use the safety/recocker, but I know no one that actually uses it.

There are alternatives options that serve the same purpose with out modification.
For recocking it is generally easier to just rotate the handle to the vertical position and return back to locked position. Rather than use the saftey just pull the bolt, much easier than the manual safety and is clearly visibly safe. That is not to mention using the manual safety is a little iffy... Since you are essentially pulling the striker off the sear, if it slips when your safeing/unsafeing the rifle, and you have a touchy trigger, some poor fit up, or a wore sear/contact surface, that extra travel and pressure from pulling it back can be enough to jump the sear.
View Quote

Using a Mosin of any flavor as a hunting rifle generally means the safety gets used.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
@MSR_Gal

Were you able to source what you needed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top