Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2019 9:10:50 PM EDT
Alright, so I recently got my 10.3 urgi stripped upper...
Was told it can run h3 buffer just fine.

I went out to do some testing today..

The bolt carrier/buffer/suppressor I used:
-Bootleg Adjustable Full Auto Carrier (4 position)
-H3 Super 42
-Recce 5 Mod 3 with the taper muzzle brake

Unsuppressed with Wolf Gold and Pmc xtac:
-Will not feed the next round (but will eject the spent casing) or lock back on last round
-Bootleg on unsuppressed setting

Suppressed with Wolf Gold/PMC Xtac:
-On unsuppressed bolt setting, fed everything. Shot brass forward.
-Went to full suppressed setting, and brass fed fine. Brass landed 4-5 o clock and much reduction in recoil/gas. Locked back every time.

So....Do I...
1) Lower the Super 42 to an H2 to run both suppressed/unsuppressed
or
2) Leave it suppressed 24/7 with the h3
or
3) Try a regular bolt carrier first then try a lower buffer

My question also:
1) Does the bootleg carrier bleed off gas at the unsuppressed setting? Is this carrier causing me more problems then good?
2) Would the muzzle brake affect anything?

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the H2
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go with the H2
View Quote
Are most guys running h2s on the urgi 10.3?

I use an h2 on my 10.5 that ive ran both suppressed and unsuppressed but without a bootleg.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd also agree in trying to reduce the buffer weight.

If you have a standard carbine buffer you can mix and match the weights out of it and your H3 to also try the H and H2 configs .  No since in spending money on yet another buffer.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd also agree in trying to reduce the buffer weight.

If you have a standard carbine buffer you can mix and match the weights out of it and your H3 to also try the H and H2 configs .  No since in spending money on yet another buffer.
View Quote
Im gonna pull my h2 buffer and spring from my other sbr and test..
I have an h in my 14.5 too. See what works best.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I use an h2 on my 10.5 that ive ran both suppressed and unsuppressed but without a bootleg.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go with the H2

Just the Navy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Had no luck with H1 or h2...Will not lock back on empty mag...Tried multiple mags and bolts.

One bolt that works fine in my 14.5 wouldn't even eject the rounds...

I am at a lost
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
What barrel?
What is the port size?
What gas block?

Wolf/PMC is notoriously underpowered.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What barrel?
What is the port size?
What gas block?

Wolf/PMC is notoriously underpowered.
View Quote
Factory built from Geissele...

DD barrel. Idk the port size. Its the geissele gas block.

I know regular wolf/pmc is...But Xtac and Gold are? First I've heard that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Gas block possibly out of alignment?  Or some obstruction in the block/tube maybe? Maybe the gas port in that barrel was just underdrilled?  Just kinda drawing at straws here but if your saying completely different bolts/buffers have been tried and your getting the same result it has to be either tube, barrel, or the block.  Something isn't in spec or assembled correctly.  It happens even from the best of shops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gas block possibly out of alignment?  Or some obstruction in the block/tube maybe? Maybe the gas port in that barrel was just underdrilled?  Just kinda drawing at straws here but if your saying completely different bolts/buffers have been tried and your getting the same result it has to be either tube, barrel, or the block.  Something isn't in spec or assembled correctly.  It happens even from the best of shops.
View Quote
Contacting Geissele tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The bootleg and gemtech bolt carriers vent around 10% even on the unsupressed setting. My 10.3 DD barrel did the dame thing with the Bootleg carrier,but works fine with a standard carrier.

My buffer is an H2, but I have a Law Tactical folder so there is the weight of the extension in there as well.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The bootleg and gemtech bolt carriers vent around 10% even on the unsupressed setting. My 10.3 DD barrel did the dame thing with the Bootleg carrier,but works fine with a standard carrier.

My buffer is an H2, but I have a Law Tactical folder so there is the weight of the extension in there as well.
View Quote
I was gonna say, how does it run with a normal bolt/carrier group? The upper is designed around "mil-spec" parts, and that adjustable carrier isn't in any spec set out there...
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I used a regular carrier. I had more problems (feeding issues,etc.)
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#14]
How often do you shoot unsuprressed?

I've got a 13.7" BA/Sportsmen that runs great with the super 42 and can, but wont run unsuprressed without the can, using russian .223 from SGammo. I never shoot unsupressed so I dont worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about it personally, not worth the trouble for a method I never shoot anyways.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How often do you shoot unsuprressed?

I've got a 13.7" BA/Sportsmen that runs great with the super 42 and can, but wont run unsuprressed without the can, using russian .223 from SGammo. I never shoot unsupressed so I dont worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about it personally, not worth the trouble for a method I never shoot anyways.
View Quote
It's going back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Good luck OP.  Hopefully they get it sorted out and you get a functioning upper back in a reasonable amount of time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good luck OP.  Hopefully they get it sorted out and you get a functioning upper back in a reasonable amount of time.
View Quote
Thank you. I'll try to keep this updated once I hear back.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Please do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top