Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2019 9:55:43 AM EDT
Looks to be a mix of orifginal, repro and redone items. I haven't really bought anything in a while and dont want to lowball the guy but dont want to over shoot either. @98kguy any input? These are all the pics I have at the moment.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:14:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, man, thats a good looking lot...but its really hard to say, since it all depends on how much stuff is repro, and how much is real...lots of tropical kit in there...the guy a re-enactor?

I will take a closer look later tonight, taking the boy to the dentist right now...
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

He said he collected stuff many years ago but just is not into it anymore. He said the tunic is repro with some original insignia and the leather on the binos is repro. The canvas web gear looks repro to me as well but a lot of the other stuff looks good minus the repaint. I'm working on a trade with him now for some gun parts for a Luger, hope to get that done next week.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The repros: Pretty much nothing
The redone items: Not much above the repros unless it is either 1.) rare, or 2.) VERY well done and does not stand out as looking redone
The originals: whatever market value is
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like it’s mostly DAK stuff?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it’s mostly DAK stuff?
View Quote
Mainly Tropical, not necessarily DAK...gear with web instead of leather was used mainly in the South, Italy, etc, but was later issued indiscriminately wherever it was needed...

Helmets were painted tan in south Italy also...and the binocs, they are good to go (except the neck strap), but again, plenty of equipment paint was switched to dunkle-gelb past the 1942/43 timeframe...so again, just because it is tan doesn't automatically mean DAK...

Just so everyone realizes, because guys jack up prices on tropical gear, tan binocs, etc saying its DAK...so just don't get suckered by the pitch...
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Also know that the color used in Afrika was different than the Dunkelgelb that became standard in 1943.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Tagged for the knowledge
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I see (yeah I know this is an old thread) at least 50% of this is not genuine.  The backpack and Y straps are actually Czech surplus from the 1960's (the backpack has been dolled up but it's very clear what it is) and the Ystraps are totally wrong (and are also Czech). I'd bet long money on all the insignia etc being repro, as is most of the field gear. The Zelt is probably good, the mess kit is, a lot of the rest is either suspect or outright not original.
There is maybe $500 worth of stuff there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
is the uniform marked in any way,

size tag? etc?

if it has a size tag sewn in the bottom, just a light color piece of cloth with a 2 or 3 written on it,  it maybe Lost Battalions,

they were pricey back in the day,, and sell well now used,  (for about 1/2 what they were new,

they still have a web site,  if you need references
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top